Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

He shouldn't be punished for some stupid shit he said when he was 15. Bloody hell.

That said, I don't get why this keeps happening to players. Surely there should be someone at every club in the land who has the nous to say "Right lads, I've been looking at your social media accounts and you need to get rid of this, this and this and you need to do it now".

I get that nothing can be deleted permanently but surely it's not rocket science to get players to help themselves a bit by making them go through their accounts and at least try and get rid of anything that could land them in hot water. 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Some of those tweets are horrendous, however I'm sure I said some things when I was 15/16 which I'd deeply regret looking back on it. 

Not as bad as Andre Gray. I seem to remember something along the lines of black women and burnt jam on toast. 

Edited by Ian Nacho

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Not as bad as Andre Gray. I seem to remember something along the lines of black women and burnt toast. 

Hamza's one about Suicide/self-harm I find deeply insensitive from a personal point of view. Andre Gray's were loads worse though, I agree. What really bothers me are that there are people out there who go digging for negatives to drag someone down when they do something positive. 

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Hamza's one about Suicide/self-harm I find deeply insensitive from a personal point of view. Andre Gray's were loads worse though, I agree. What really bothers me are that there are people out there who go digging for negatives to drag someone down when they do something positive. 

I’d say that’s the worst of his comments, though I can understand some people feeling that way, especially if they haven’t had personal experiences affecting anyone close.

He’s perfectly entitled as a professional footballer himself to have a view on women’s football. The fact is that women’s sport generally is second rate when compared with men’s. This is simply reality I’m afraid as much as many would try to deny it. In practice a professional Men’s team or individual would generally beat female opposition if playing to the same rules.

People do get overly wound up about the most trivial things these days.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

44 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Do you have to be African to be black? Some Indians are very black.

Well, it was never really intended to be used as a literal descriptive word - after all, nobody is really black or white, are they? It has, nonetheless, evolved as a word that generally people of African heritage use to self-identify. I say evolved because it is a comparatively recent development; certainly, when I was growing up, the 'N' word was in common usage (believe it or not it was used in a Tory election leaflet in the Sixties) or the more polite term coloured.

Interestingly, considering where you live, black has been a term to describe aboriginals since first contact with Europeans. I was reading a book on aboriginal history recently and came across a quote by an aboriginal from the 1800s: "White fella makes big fire, sits far away; black fella makes small fire, sits close". 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

For people asking what tweets he made, here you go.

Again take it with a pinch of salt, we've said stupid things at 16

Edit: Don't underestimate how salty a gooner can be. Like why on earth did they scroll down to 2014? lol

The upper left Tweet is clearly self-deprecating, given Hamza's racial background.

The upper right Tweet was kind of funny, the type of humour any teenager is prone to - and even adults. :ph34r:

The next one in the bottom left is nothing controversial, it's just his opinion. Anyone taking offense at that should get their heads checked - after all, the platform is Twitter, Outrage Central.

Last Tweet again is nothing controversial. You can like or dislike Women's football, anybody's choice.

Sad and salty Arsenal fans, pathetic time-wasting exercise to go back close to six years on Twitter to find anything remotely "offensive".

This is what we've come to - online rage instead of being active in real life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As much as "fans" want to have their say about the tweets , the media won't hold back. A lot of people ( an actress on a brit soap ) have lost their jobs through tweets like these  !! I think we all know where this is going with the press . LCFC have sacked players for racist slurs before , so not good this . Surely the media staff needed to keep a tab on this by checking accounts ?

14 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I just don't understand why people don't understand that Twitter will only lead to trouble sooner or later.

I just don't understand why people are still using Twitter in the first place. What does it add other than the vast majority of users behaving like they would never do in real life?

Twitter are also terribly inconsistent and rather one-dimensional when it comes to banning racists, "hate speech" and people condoning, promoting or encouraging violence on their platform.

But that's for another day and another topic.

Edited by MC Prussian

17 hours ago, Lionheart10 said:

He is good now,imagine what he'll be like in 2 to 3 years time!

I think he's got all the assets for a successful CM/CDM, just needs to maybe bulk up a bit.

Positioning and reading of the game, plus his relentlessness in terms of tackling are superb for a player of his age. Gets stuck in and tags you like a (enter name of your favourite menacing dog breed here).

Budget Kanté might sound a bit silly, but there's signs of similar footballer character traits.

The sweeper in front of the back four we've been longing for ever since N'Golo left? Time will tell.

• Like 1

The tweets are a complete non-story, full stop. That said, if I'm the club I go through all social media with the players and talk about how this stuff is easy to avoid, even if it requires going back in time and policing up your childhood accounts. 

Choudhury was absolutely brilliant yesterday. We outfought them. He set the tone for the game with those Torreira tackles. Firm but fair.

Arsenal looked beat because they weren't physical enough. I didn't think I'd ever see that at Premier League level but we basically pushed them out of the game. 

Having said that defensively Arsenal had a shocker. Is it any surprise Vards scores so much against them - they are still underestimating him and us after all these years. Brainless defending against a pacy team.

Do Arsenal have a defensive coach? Should hang their heads in shame...

They could do with a Hamza or a Wilf!

1 hour ago, eblair said:

it is really stupid of his agent not to have dealt with this, if you look at some of the tweets he is tweeting harvey barnes' old account which has been deleted because all 15 year old boys are muppets

Yeah, this all seems like standard teenage lad dumb stuff. I'd bet that all of the Arsenal twitter idiots who dug it up have tweeted more offensive stuff than this, probably yesterday, probably about Hamza, and are either 15 year old muppets themselves, or grown adults with the mentality of 15 year old lads.

• Haha 1

It was a very poignant comment from a 15 year old and resonates with people of colour, especially young black men. The underlying point being that being stopped by police or going to jail is almost an inevitability for a young black man, and so you better keep running lest you get caught up with either a bad crowd or with a system that feels stacked against you. It's a fear young black especially, and to an extent young asian men, carry through to adult hood.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

funnily I find that the least offensive, if any of them really are, it's just an opinion.

He is invaluable for a unit that wants to press like Rodgers wants us to play. I do think he will cause Brendan a real headache, he knows he's got a talented player on his hands but it could well be that Ndidi's place is at risk. The starting line up yesterday is about perfect against the better sides but the majority of the time it'll be Barnes or another direct winger and one of Choudhury or Ndidi. He is such a unique and talented player though, continues to surprise me as I thought he was limited.

• Like 1

Yesterday he showed he had more to his game than I thought, played some proficient passes and carried the ball well. We need to see what he’s capable of in more run of the mill games as opposed to the polarity oof games against the top six vs a game against Newport.

• Like 1

Tweets dug up by salty Gooners a non-story. He was a kid, said some stupid sh*t - so what? Jonny Evans stole a f*ching Taxi last year but he's been signed and become our best Centre Back. But I guess he didn't do that online, so it's a bit harder to crucify him on the cross of moral outrage in this strange modern world of doxxing and insidious oneupsmanship.

Performance against their terrible midfield absolutely a story. Pure deflection from a spoilt fanbase whose clown show of a Youtube output generates more interest than their turgid on-field displays, judging by the embarrassing scrum of tagalongs crowding around them by the coaches after the game.

I guess that it was quicker for them to scroll back five years in Choudhury's twitter history than back through their own cringeworthy timeline to find something positive to talk about at Arsenal. Weird, obsessive melts, and a timely reminder that, as much as it was fun teaming up with them to wind up Spurs fans back in 15-16, cretinous self-important fans with delusions of grandure and a desperation to shift negative attention to everybody around them to deflect from being perennial failures are in fact endemic to North London as a whole.

Anyway, rant about Gooners over. That was Hamza's best performance for us. A massive statement to Brendan in his first start for us since his appointment (?) that he should be a part of his set-up next season.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3