Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

On 30/04/2019 at 19:04, PhillippaT said:

TBH, my Mum probably took one look at her and thought "she'd make a good girlfriend for Phillippa, and I like her too", and then after she'd gotten to know her better "she'd make a good wife for Phillippa", so.... :P  (P.s. my wife just read this and shrugged - "it's true, and I'm not complaining!" :D )

I don’t think I expected to find this on the  Hamza thread, but it’s an interesting read!

On 10/05/2019 at 19:32, oxford blue said:

Statement from FA:

'Hamza Choudhury has been fined £5,000 and ordered to attend an FA education course by an Independent Regulatory Commission after he admitted to an ‘aggravated breach’ of FA Rule E3(1).

'Comments posted by the Leicester City player on social media between 20 June 2013 and 10 May 2014, which included reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or sexual orientation, were found to be abusive and/or insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.

'The midfielder was also warned as to his future conduct.'

I struggle to understand how those within the FA decided these posts by a teenage schoolboy at the time are worthy of any sanction. It should have been an opportunity to warn professional players to delete posts on social media from before they were professionals, amd leave it at that. It would be interesting to hear a person who decided his punishment answer questions about this, rather than hide behind a statement.

Having charged him, this sanction is a big climbdown by the FA.  What you suggest should have been done is correct , but without him being charged in the first place. Whoever brought the charge is probably still cleaning the eggs off their face. 

I just had this blinding flash about who Hamza reminds me of on the pitch, and it's not just because of the hair...

Graeme Souness! :ph34r: lol

On 30/04/2019 at 19:20, Danizen said:

If anyone says they weren't a dickhead at 15 years old they're lying. Apologies to any 15 year olds reading this but it's true. I was a massive bell end at 15.

Obviously what he said wasn't right but it would be Arsenal fans to do this. 

"We're getting absolutely schooled so I'm going to go through 6 years worth of tweets to find something controversial in the hopes an opponent gets punished."

As a collective, they probably went through our entire squad's social media. 

I’m still a dickhead 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Wait till the FA finds out I set the school fire alarm off once when I was 14. There wasn't even a fire, just thought it'd be funny

me and my mate John were sitting on the front row of the class with those old style wooden desks... i had one of those big massive long sports bags and i opened the desks and put the bag in it. it kept the desks opened and covered our faces. i gave my mate a marathon. it was considered well bad to eat in class. John is eating away and just as the teacher walked passed i whipped the bag out, the lids fall and there is John sitting all wide-eyed marathon in mouth with the teacher staring at him.  she shouted at him to get out and gave him detention.

I might not be a professional footballer but i do still have an old copy of football manager.

Hope the FA dont find out about this.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Dont kill me ft

But I genuinely think he's better than ndidi now

Probably not an overreaction. Can't be a coincidence that Brendan has withdrawn Ndidi in both of our recent home games and trusted Hamza in the midfield. He's been correct to as well, imo.

• Like 1

It's astonishing he's adapted to the Premier League as well as Maddison. 

Maddison had a whole season with Championship promotion hopefuls Norwich. Hamza spent two unspectacular half seasons in league one and in the Championship with Burton.

Nonetheless Hamza rocks up against the best in the Premier League, after spending ages milling around PL2, and excels.

I'd love to see Brendan develop Hamza into a box to box midfielder.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

hopefully Brendan helps him to be a little braver with his passing ...... he isn’t far off being a bloody good player ...... I expect he can look forward to U21 starts for England on the back of his recent performances 

That's where I think he'll struggle, just because of the talent from the big 6, he'll get pushed to off the bench or reserve chnaces. 

I hope I'm wrong, but we've seen before from the first team how players can be snubbed from teams outside the top 6

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Is it just me or has Hamza on a few occasions shown the ability to play to unlock defences.

Not saying he doesn’t but he often chooses the safe pass back to evans/maguire than the incisive diagonal pass to Youri or madders in space between the lines .... maybe just a little lack of confidence for Brendan to work on 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Not saying he doesn’t but he often chooses the safe pass back to evans/maguire than the incisive diagonal pass to Youri or madders in space between the lines .... maybe just a little lack of confidence for Brendan to work on 

I would say that’s all it comes down to. The boy knows he’s got to make the most of his chances whilst In the team, therefore probably just wants to keep things simple & not make any f**k ups.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/12/2018 at 14:27, Peckfortonfox said:

IF I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake.

Paolo Maldini.

last ditch sliding challenges are great to get the crowd going but are not the sign of a top top player.

Hope Hamza makes it, certainly as good as Harry Winks!

Still too many flying last minute sliding tackles

19 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Still too many flying last minute sliding tackles

He's a defensive midfielder, name me a defensive midfielder who's reached the top who doesn't feature near the top of tackling stats. You can read the game all you want but in midfield tackles have to be made, see N'Golo Kante.

On 20/12/2018 at 14:27, Peckfortonfox said:

IF I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake.

Paolo Maldini.

last ditch sliding challenges are great to get the crowd going but are not the sign of a top top player.

Hope Hamza makes it, certainly as good as Harry Winks!

If I have to cross, I’ve already made a mistake. 

Kasper Schmeichel

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a defensive midfielder, name me a defensive midfielder who's reached the top who doesn't feature near the top of tackling stats. You can read the game all you want but in midfield tackles have to be made, see N'Golo Kante.

How often do you see Kante sliding in though? Same with N'didi ?

Sliding is an art, something Hamza is great at but with football the way it is now, even if you get the ball you can still see red. 

• Like 2

Still sad for him about last night - just went horribly wrong. If we are honest, in most people's cases what they love about Hamza is how he does commit to those sliding tackles. He just completely wholeheartedly goes for it. When it works it can be spectacular. When it doesn't it can be a disaster. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Still sad for him about last night - just went horribly wrong. If we are honest, in most people's cases what they love about Hamza is how he does commit to those sliding tackles. He just completely wholeheartedly goes for it. When it works it can be spectacular. When it doesn't it can be a disaster. 

Take the bias out of it..

He Ballard that up,ruining his decent game..& it lost England the game...

Because neither The coach nor the team had a plan B...

But ..Foden .Madison,and Choudry looked good....Barnes would of given England a frontfoot-get Out.

The own goal defender..was bad all night...Solanki ...misfired again!!

Though let's be fair this was U21,they can all expand  their potential...

IMO Gray,was asked to play too defensively....England again don't know how to use their pacey-techies....

Maybe I see it wrong .:dunno: