Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

He is going to get a reputation as a dirty player isn't he. 

Klopp saying it was a terrible challenge worthy of a red, adding to Bruce calling him out for a horror challenge in the league Cup at Newcastle. Both were in no way red card challenges, but because they ended up with players getting injured he is getting called out, unfairly imo. 

As it happens, the only really bad challenge I've seen him make is the one for England u21s in the summer, but doesn't help his cause with managers calling him out. 

Hope the inevitable scrutiny on him won't change his all action style 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Klopp saying it was a terrible challenge worthy of a red, adding to Bruce calling him out for a horror challenge in the league Cup at Newcastle. Both were in no way red card challenges, but because they ended up with players getting injured he is getting called out, unfairly imo. 

As it happens, the only really bad challenge I've seen him make is the one for England u21s in the summer, but doesn't help his cause with managers calling him out. 

Can’t stand Klopp. Can’t remember him saying anything good about us. Ungracious prat.

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

He’s going have trial by managerial press conferences which is a joke. 

Klopp’s mentioned it tonight to avoid scrunity over the Mane dive. 

Just now, Koke said:

Love Hamza but he is reckless. He needs to notch it down a level. You can be a great DM or CM without being overly aggressive. A red card waiting to happen.

Disagree. He knew what he was doing with that tackle. He did what he had to do as Salah was likely to be 1v1. 

No one would be saying anything about it if we took a point. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, old koppite said:

Can’t stand Klopp. Can’t remember him saying anything good about us. Ungracious prat.

He did say a draw against Leicester would be a great result for 95% of teams. He also had nice things to say in 15/16. I dont like the bloke but he has been OK towards us over the years.

• Like 2

Absolute out of order for Klopp to single out Choudhury like that. People make cynical challenges like that every game, doesn't mention Trent A-A does he? Also makes out we were dirty on Salah when I can't think of a tackle other than Hamza's. 

Hamza will get sent off this year, probably for something he doesn't deserve. 

• Like 2

Just now, Koke said:

He did say a draw against Leicester would be a great result for 95% of teams. He also had nice things to say in 15/16. I dont like the bloke but he has been OK towards us over the years.

Ah, ok, but that’s not how I remember some of his tv post match interviews . I remember each time I have heard him after our games, just talking about his own players or some perceived wrong decision against them . Also, against other teams, my recollection is not of him praising the opposition. Anyway, sure he doesn’t care what we think! 

Hamza rightly took one for the team today. EVERY single player in every single team will do it. Dont see it as a talking point, happens all the time. 

Love Hamza, and any one of our players in a similar situation would have done the same. No need to be singled out for being dirty. 

Did the right thing. No malice to hurt the player, Salah has actually anticipated contactv and shielded the ball with his touch to block the tackle, which is controlled but forceful. Never a red, yellow all day. Unlucky for Salah if he is hurt.

Wouldn't want him to take it out of him, I think it has it's time and place, it's a mans game. If people are afraid of going into 50/50s with him all the better for us, a reputation isn't always a bad thing as long as refs are fair.

29 minutes ago, martyn said:

I haven't seen Klopp's comment in full, but obviously he will have mentioned Salah's shove on Soyuncu which should have meant Hamza didn't need to tackle him at all.

• Like 1

Complete over reaction by Klopp. He did what was required and what players have been doing for years. If he is injured then its unlucky. The bloke spends most the game diving about anyway so its probably a bit of karma. 

I've never liked Klopp but his words today are infuriating, all he does is stoke up anger towards Hamza, the only problem i have with it is i think Cagler should have made that challenge before Hamza, it was a professional foul at pace and it's embarrassing he's made it out to be anything more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martyn said:

The irony is that if the biased referee had given a free kick against Salah for his blatant nudge on Soyuncu then Hamza wouldn’t’ve been in a position where he had to take Salah out. It’s surprising that Klopp didn’t notice Trent AA’s attempt at Achilles tendon extraction via studs on Youri a far more dangerous tackle than Hamza’s. 

• Like 2