Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Post Match: City 0 - 1 Cardiff

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

So Puel can guarantee us 8th next season as well? Thats not bad. Keepimin

I’m not fixated on league positions, 8th may as well be 14th, if I’m bored watching us score nil or one every week then I’ll want something to change. I’ve enjoyed one game this season vs Man City, I cant think of any other highlight at the KP

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

In my opinion the root cause of all our problems is our midfield two. Mendy and Ndidi is far too negative, how often in games does Maguire (and today Soyuncu) dribble past our midfielders and try to create something? They do this as all Ndidi and Mendy do is win the ball back and offload to a defender. We need a powerhouse to take the ball forwards.

Either play a 3 or play a more attacking midfielder next to Mendy or Ndidi. 

I'll stop reading at this post. I've been saying this all season. Two great players and only both needed at the same time against the top possession sides. For sides below and around us just pick one.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

I’m not fixated on league positions, 8th may as well be 14th, if I’m bored watching us score nil or one every week then I’ll want something to change. I’ve ebjoyed one game this season vs Man City, I cant think of any other highlight at the KP

Today had dull moments between Mendy and Soycunu (i know i cant spell his name). Mendy was far too safe with his passing. Dunno if its just down to him or partially to lack of movement from the players in front of him. But every time he had the ball he did nothing with it. Bit frustrating for me today he was.

Where was Evans btw? The new kid was a bit of a bombscare

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I don't get why people are so shocked that we played so badly. We've been playing poorly all season. 

For a while now, the argument has been wether it's acceptable to trade a good league position for potentially better football. Wins against Man City and Chelsea don't change that. 

We either stick with Puel and be content with poor football in return for being a solid mid table side or we look for a more exciting manager and way of playing,risking being worse off than we are now. Puel isn't going to change his way of playing, regardless of who we beat.

Agree with this. These performances have been cropping up consistently for a long time now. Great wins against the top 6 but it doesn't take a mastermind to realise you just park the bus for 90 and hope you nick a goal on the counter. He still doesn't know how to set up and get fired up against mid/lower teams really, that's it. 

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Unless we spend many ££ in the summer no manager is going to break us into the top 7 

Precisely. 7th is anyone's game, look at the past 5 seasons: 

Burnley, Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Man Utd (Everton finished above them that season). There's room to make a big 7 if the right decisions are made, but us, Wolves, Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Watford and Brighton are separated by 4 points, it's tight competiton, and no justification for thinking we should win that competition easily

• Like 1

Zonal marking at corners doesn’t help. We offer no threat whatsoever and should be leaving someone up on the halfway line. No one in a million years can tell me Okazaki offers something at corners against us. Just leave a player up the pitch ffs, we get an outlet plus it keeps another defender back, no team is going to risk a one on one

That was a very frustrating game and we didn't play well and I think most of what I think has already been said here tonight.

The biggest problem from what I can see when we play like this is that the two sitting midfielders sit so deep and the centre backs push righ up to them; sometimes they are past them. When that happens either Maddison has to come back looking for the ball which then leaves Vardy isolated or the ball goes out wide or, we played it out to the fulbacks today and they were being tracked closely, not being allowed to cut in. 

For me I would like to see Mendy or Ndidi drive forward more quickly with the ball more, rather than leaving it to our Centre Backs, if they were able to carry the ball forward when Maddison gets it he's closer to Vardy or they can lay feed it in to wingers further up the pitch giving them more support.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

The lad that scored the winner was Cardiff's best player. Anyone take him over Deidre and gray?

Certainly looked like he had something about him.

Camarasa was the best player on the pitch today.

I'd also take Bamba back :whistle:

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

We had enough chances to win but as has often been the case this season we fail to finish, too many of our passes are incomplete even when not under any pressure, Soyuncu can't seem to pass long and most of our throws ins as they have been for decades are totally useless we might just as well let the opposition have them. Oh and have we ever scored from a Maddison corner and how come Maguire seems to get his head on nearly all the England ones but none of ours.

This has been something I’ve wondered about since the World Cup, good point indeed sir! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, the messenger said:

This result is why I want Puel out 

infuriating tactics and team selection no consistency.

Get this Puel lover boys I guarantee if we stick with him we will be no better off this time next season because he does’nt have what it takes to make this team consistent enough to break into the top 7 season after season.

Mr messenger..If we are again are next season 7-9th,I for one will be very happy.. 

I want to see an uplift in our performances and how we present ourselves!!! But I won't go on a manager-out hunt!!

amazes that fans don't seem we have won " some player positions,"but still struggling for consistency.....and struggling for quality output from others...

Any critic on Soyu for today s game,a bit shallow....He gets the rest of the season before we can even start to judge him....

The players in front of him let the defence down today...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shiv said:

I stopped reading after this. What a ridiculous thing to have as an argument lol 

Big mistake, Shiv. The 'argument' you refer to was a hypothetical statement. You should take the time and read the whole post in order to establish some context  before you dis someone's considered arguments. By the way, if we are arguing hypotheticals, do you disagree with that statement?

5 hours ago, manders86 said:

Today walking away from the game made me realise why football fans can be such d*cks..

Yes we lost the game, we could and should have won, but it happens. Booing your manager when a clearly spent and injured Vardy is brought off is support now is it?! Makes us look like an entitled bunch of tossers, and ultimately we got what we deserved.

Yes a poor performance, yes a terrible penalty. We had to change system today to try and break through and it didn't work. Walking out of the kop at full time the amount of cretins screaming abuse at our manager is classless and poor beyond a doubt. 

My view is you win some, you lose some. To taste the highs of man city and Chelsea you go through days like today. Our squad is still in transition and the quality isn't good enough beyond the first 11.. not Puels fault. 

Agree 100%, people complaining about the football is fair enough, some of it hasn’t been great but the only thing that’s getting me frustrated at the moment is the self entitlement and some of the downright miserable prat’s who think we have a god given right to win every game because we won the league one time! To boo taking Vardy off when anyone with half a brain knew he wouldn’t play 90 minutes today is pathetic and embarrassing. You’ll all soon be bitching and moaning if he doesn’t start at Goodison on New Years Day. I watched two people today arguing two rows apart about Vardy coming off 

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 1

I'm starting to think it's not just a coincidence that we're drab against poor sides but seem to be a lot better against the bigger boys. Last season we had good results against Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea just from the top of my head but had disappointing results against the lesser teams. The same seems to be happening this season.