Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Everton Away Match Thread

We were turning our noses up at Super Sunday Cardiff v Burnley a few months ago but today might be the worst half of football this season.

Almost as bad as Middlesborough NYD in 2016/17.

Even Sky can't gloss this one up. Says it all.

• Like 1

Really dire with one of the worst pass completion I've ever seen. Hamza, Simpson, Evans and Pereira are the only ones doing their job. The rest is having an absolute shocker, especially Ghezzal and Mendi.

Only good thing is that Everton are as shite as we are and we're still in the game somehow.

Edited by That_Dude

The game reminds me of the first half against Chelsea, except under less pressure. If anything we've had the better "chances" in that half.

We've kept it solid for the first 45 and I don't think Everton have done anything. We can start to introduce more attacking players as the game goes by. Against Chelsea we were hanging on in the first half, but came out in the second on fire. The game plan could very well have been to contain Everton in the first half and be more aggressive in the second. At least I hope so!

Currently this type of game shows you how hard it is to play good quality attacking possession football. Both teams are trying it, but passing from both teams has been horrendous to put it mildly.

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Any idea what the game plan is? 

Soak up the pressure then launch it back up the pitch and repeat. At some point one ball will fall to a Ricardo outlet and he’ll score or put Vardy in.

We win 1-0 and Puel is hailed a tactical genius and piano wire sales in Leicester go through the roof.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Sky have gotta find 10 minutes of analysis from this half lol

The fit Arsenal bird will mention "tired" to which Souness will snarl and get his bagpipes in a twist "shouldnae be tired, professional footballers, och nae" etc.

The phrase "Cancelling each other out" may be thrown in but that falsely suggests it's flat due to the abilities of the two sides in stopping each other when in reality they're stopping themselves with woeful passes.

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

If anyone has an actual working stream that works (usually use USA goals but can't find my usual one on there) none of the sky sports ones work for me, usually think mine links in to NBC - someone send me a PM! 

Why?

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It's one-chance football. Hope you keep it tight and stop them scoring and then take one of the two, maybe three, chances you create to nick it.

So uninspired.

Exactly this. 

The irony is it could even happen

But watching City is more than about just sneaking wins off the back of such dull displays. I don’t think I’ve been so uninspired by the brand of football in a long time

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

New to following City?

At least watching us in the championship under Sven was a laugh and entertaining. 

I'd say I was more entertained watching Micky Adam's team struggle in the Prem.

This is barely worth watching.

• Like 1