Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Newport away

Lots of rotation, but wouldn't include any of the non-prem registered players out of sympathy. Would like to see nothing complicated, maybe a solid 4-4-2 and let our ability show through. 

Ward

Simpson  Morgan   Evans   Fuchs

Albrighton  Choudhury Mendy  Gray

Okazaki  Vardy

Subs: Jakupovic, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Maddison, Ghezzal, Ndidi, Iheanacho, 

Edited by Gazza M

23 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Lots of rotation, but wouldn't include any of the non-prem registered players out of sympathy. Would like to see nothing complicated, maybe a solid 4-4-2 and let our ability show through. 

Ward

Okazaki  Vardy

Wouldn't play Vardy or Albrighton, the bench at most. Both need a break from the festive period. 

54 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Ward

Okazaki  Vardy

I am not against the selection...but!!

We have 2 youngsters,who shouldn't be tired,and if required could play the rest of the season out.

Soyuncu,build his experience with the FA-cup atmosphere,show him he's trusted to take us into the Future.

Nacho...get him doing what he does best,scoring cup competition goals,rekindle his self-confidence,chance of a big Pick-me-up!!!

We know what we get with Evans and Morgan...Against Newport,we should be encouraging our youth,especially when we know they

can and proved they are good enough...Automatic credit points..!!!

Then why not This seasons buy of Ghezzal,against Shinji or Vardy(recovering from recent injury)

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I for one would be more than happy to see him play on Sunday. 

No doubt we're going to get rid of Iborra, Silva and King and have James as our 4th choice CM. He'll then get injured again soon after the end of January and we'll have to play the rest of the season with just 3 central midfielders when we've just shown signs of mastering 4-3-3.

6 hours ago, rachhere said:

Such a diva! Here you go: 

:D 

6 hours ago, brucey said:

Looks like Admiral Muskwe. I wouldn't want him to start. Barely played for U23s due to injury

Same. Looks like Muskwe. Played the last u23 match. Was very quiet but I think he's just come back from injury.

Don't all the u23s train with the first team now? Or just a select few?

Wrong year, wrong number on the shirt ... don't care.

IMG_5506.PNG.af8bea773c6d5c0fb4cbb6641e5fb0e9.PNG

Start Kingy and you know he will put in his best shift.  I would love to see him score one last LCFC goal in the Cup.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Don't all the u23s train with the first team now? Or just a select few?

They generally train separately, but occasionally a select few train with the first team. I guess it’s on some kind of rotation as a few U18s have been sighted before. Probably the better ones get to do it more often as Knight seems to pop up quite a lot.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No doubt we're going to get rid of Iborra, Silva and King and have James as our 4th choice CM. He'll then get injured again soon after the end of January and we'll have to play the rest of the season with just 3 central midfielders when we've just shown signs of mastering 4-3-3.

Cheerful Fvcker aren't you ??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Really hope he doesn’t he has been so tainted with injuries. 

I think it would be an unwise decision of our recruitment to get rid of both Silva and Iborra unless we  have someone else coming thru. But I’m sure we shall see the loss of one of them 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I am not against the selection...but!!

We have 2 youngsters,who shouldn't be tired,and if required could play the rest of the season out.

Soyuncu,build his experience with the FA-cup atmosphere,show him he's trusted to take us into the Future.

Nacho...get him doing what he does best,scoring cup competition goals,rekindle his self-confidence,chance of a big Pick-me-up!!!

We know what we get with Evans and Morgan...Against Newport,we should be encouraging our youth,especially when we know they

can and proved they are good enough...Automatic credit points..!!!

Then why not This seasons buy of Ghezzal,against Shinji or Vardy(recovering from recent injury)

I disagree. We need experience to get the job done. They will have had 5 days rest since Everton. Give Vardy and Albrighton an hour and then replace when we are 2 or 3 up. Soyuncu or Iheanacho could get bullied in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Don't agree. Get the job done early then rest them in 2nd half.

We have enough quality to not play Vardy and Albrighton. 

Why risk the 2 when you can rest them for an extra week. Hold in mind that Vardy has a dodgy groin, let him take a week off following 4 games in 11 days.

25 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We have enough quality to not play Vardy and Albrighton. 

Why risk the 2 when you can rest them for an extra week. Hold in mind that Vardy has a dodgy groin, let him take a week off following 4 games in 11 days.

I think there is too much emphasis on rest. These guys are paid athletes. They have 6 days off after. Get them in rather than having to drag them on late or end up having a weak side and forcing a replay or worse going out. I think we don't have enough quality to rest them. Albrighton only did 45 v Everton also. 

15 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think there is too much emphasis on rest. These guys are paid athletes. They have 6 days off after. Get them in rather than having to drag them on late or end up having a weak side and forcing a replay or worse going out. I think we don't have enough quality to rest them. Albrighton only did 45 v Everton also. 

When Vardy gets an injury because we've overplayed him and we are watching Iheanacho plead with the footballing gods for some form while he fluffs shots I will remind you of this post.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

When Vardy gets an injury because we've overplayed him and we are watching Iheanacho plead with the footballing gods for some form while he fluffs shots I will remind you of this post.

I look forward to it. Luckily we are in a transfer window so we can and need to recruit another striker  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

We'll progress in this round, but our inability to beat teams clearly worse than us bodes for a quite dull Sunday afternoon....

Took us two attempts to get past Fleetwood last year :doh:

Yeah but, if we hadn’t done that, we wouldn’t have been the answer to quiz show questions for years to come, would be?

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Great gesture from the Newport fans!

21C746AF-6F89-49AE-B085-135AE29E5393.png

Many of my friends contributed towards this. They grieve every saturday for friends who are no longer with us, Only to be expected when these friendships were built through football. They know the meaning of respect and it didn't take long to find the money for the flags. 

• Like 2

On 02/01/2019 at 16:50, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

My first football team was Newport County so looking forward to this.

Has been dry in south Wales for a while and think the forecast is for that to continue. Was rugby on the pitch a few days ago and it is close to the River Usk so doesn't drain that well. But should be OK if far from KP surface standards. 

The home support can be very vocal but we should quell that and get through comfortably enough with a reasonable line-up. 

Newport is in Wales:huh:

Does anybody know a good sports bar in the Isle of Wight?

• Haha 3