Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves A Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I'm mystified at Mendy starting ahead of Choudhury based on form, I have to say.

Agreed. Puel normally hooks players when they play as badly as he did last week. Even Ricardo was dropped!

Possbly it’s been done because we have Barnes and Gray playing so he wants more experience out there, but very harsh on Hamza!

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Same old “what do Leicester fans expect, they are 8th in the league what more do they want” 

The words of a man who doesn’t watch any of our games basically.

well, no. not really. they've given arguments on both sides of the coin and concluded that Puel needs and deserves more time.

but yeah, seems you only have an interest in giving one side of the story.

• Like 1

Just now, lifted*fox said:

That Puel shouldn't be under fire after every single game when we're 8th in the league. 

He understands we won the league and have higher expectations because, BUT people do need to be more realistic. 

They've also discussed his football being a bit boring but they're saying that he's building and developing the side. They're also saying that everyone has figured us out and our old style can't be the only approach any more.

It's probably the most balanced and fairest assessment I've heard pundits give Leicester in a long time. 

Consensus is that he should be given more time and windows.

It's literally what every pundit says about us constantly. It's basically "know your place."

You're only hearing it as a positive because you you're as entrenched as the "Out" crowd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Same old “what do Leicester fans expect, they are 8th in the league what more do they want” 

The words of a man who doesn’t watch any of our games basically.

To be fair, in terms of position, he isn't wildly wrong in what he says there.  Sometimes it's good to listen to an outsider's view, free of our own bias and subjectivity.  He is though, still a nobber in general.  X

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm a big fan of Choudhary and I'm surprised he's been dropped but people turning on Mendy is a bit harsh. He's been very consistent up until last week. 

He was awful against Southampton but so were Kasper, Chilwell, Ricardo, Vardy, Ndidi and basically everyone else. 

I'm not convinced he deserves to be hung out to dry. Give him a chance to redeem himself. 

Surprised this is your take on Mendy - I’m very much on the other side of the Puel fence to you but for me Mendy is a symbol of the negative aspects of what Puel is doing. If anybody epitomises possession for possession’s sake it’s him.

Just now, Finnegan said:

It's literally what every pundit says about us constantly. It's basically "know your place."

You're only hearing it as a positive because you you're as entrenched as the "Out" crowd. 

it's nothing about know your place - it was balanced and realistic.

i've seen plenty of 'know your place' assessments and this wasn't one of them. 

so, no. 

I'm shouting at the TV screen right now "3 defensive midfielders at home to Southampton!". Expectations? If we're 8th with baffling decisions and dire first halfs we could easily be clear in 7th and in the cups with logical decisions. When a break or forward pass is on pass it forwards. If our centre forward doesn't get a sniff week after week try to address that situation. My expectations. Too much to ask? 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm a big fan of Choudhary and I'm surprised he's been dropped but people turning on Mendy is a bit harsh. He's been very consistent up until last week. 

He was awful against Southampton but so were Kasper, Chilwell, Ricardo, Vardy, Ndidi and basically everyone else. 

I'm not convinced he deserves to be hung out to dry. Give him a chance to redeem himself. 

For me, it's more because he offers little other than consistency. Which sounds weird I know lol but he doesn't seem to have any real key attributes/strengths and so doesn't offer as much to the team IMO.

N'didi has been poor this season, but I still feel on a good day, he offers a lot more than Mendy, in terms of winning headers, tackling and a goal threat (on a rare occasion) 

Choudary has been a breath of fresh air too and offers so much energy in that role and feel he should have been first CM on the team sheet. 

Anyway, maybe a little harsh on Mendy as always good to have a reliable player, but I think our CM's should offer more if possible.