Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves A Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm a big fan of Choudhary and I'm surprised he's been dropped but people turning on Mendy is a bit harsh. He's been very consistent up until last week. 

He was awful against Southampton but so were Kasper, Chilwell, Ricardo, Vardy, Ndidi and basically everyone else. 

I'm not convinced he deserves to be hung out to dry. Give him a chance to redeem himself. 

I think Mendy is painfully "functional" (for want of a better word) to be honest. I don't dislike him, he's fine, and he's had flashes of being superb – but nigh on everything going through him slows down immeasurably.

Choudhury has stood out more than both him and Wilf in considerably less game time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

They're also saying that everyone has figured us out and our old style can't be the only approach any more.

Do they mean everyone has figured out our old style? If anything they have figured out our new style. Keep it tight in the middle send us out wide wait for the inevitable cross to the centre halves. Hit us on the counter. Or put pressure on Morgan and Ndidi until they give the ball away? Or just wait for Schmeichel to kick the ball straight to the opposing striker? 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's literally what every pundit says about us constantly. It's basically "know your place."

You're only hearing it as a positive because you you're as entrenched as the "Out" crowd. 

I wasn't watching it but there is a bit of a difference between the typical "Leicester fans should be grateful, what more do they expect?" bollocks e.g. when we sacked Ranieri and saying it's a little unnecessary to have the manager's position questioned after every defeat when we're in a fairly healthy position

22 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Why is madderz not playing? If Puel loses this, hes gone.

look, never been a puel fan but the chap is trying things. people clamoring for Barnes to play... now he is... got to respect he is trying different personal... Maddison HAS been somewhat stale recently so maybe this will be the kick up the rear he needs?

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

One bad performance hardly counts as bad form. He's probably been one of our more consistently reliable players this season.

With that kids death, can't argue much with the team, although I might have been tempted to match them up and have 3atb and Gray/Barnes in a front 3

This selection could easily be configured as 343 with Simpson in the RCB position. In practice it probably is anyway as Simpson naturally plays more like a CB.

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

I think Mendy is painfully "functional" (for want of a better word) to be honest. I don't dislike him, he's fine, and he's had flashes of being superb – but nigh on everything going through him slows down immeasurably.

Choudhury has stood out more than both him and Wilf in considerably less game time.

I’m not sure, as of now, that Choudhury can play properly in a two. He’s so intent on closing down, which works well in a three, but I don’t think he’d keep his shape well in a two. However, long term, I think he’ll be a better player than Mendy or Ndidi.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Negative, don’t have the central midfielders for it, the luck will run out eventually

Why not just wait for the * luck to run out* first. It works away from home  Can see what Puel is up to but still surprised.

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

look, never been a puel fan but the chap is trying things. people clamoring for Barnes to play... now he is... got to respect he is trying different personal... Maddison HAS been somewhat stale recently so maybe this will be the kick up the rear he needs?

benched him a couple of games ago to didnt he

Ricardo is very good in attack so happy with that .Ive always felt Madison flatters a bit in that we play through him when there is no need to slows the move.

Gray Id love to see a real involved concentrated solid game ? Allbrighton can come on though.Hamza unlucky but he is a stopper first so its him or Mendy.

Agree with some of the choices but dropping Hamza the lad didn’t deserve that he’s been a top  performer over last few games he’s played !!

Good to see Barnes Start don’t know what Rationale Puel has dropping Maddison more likely for the pace down the wings !’

The lads need to step up and be counted today we can’t continue to throw points away where we should be winning so really hoping we can come awY from the Dingles with all 3 points !!

#COYF ??