Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves A Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I am genuinely confused about why we start a more attacking team away against Wolves than we did against Southampton at home.

Line-up is fine but why can't we do this at home ffs

It’s all about counter attacking with pace. Wolves will attack us so we will look to hit them on the break. Teams like Southampton rock up to our place and sit back to nick a point of a quick goal on the counter which means we need more possession based players. It’s the key reason we do badly against lesser teams but well against the big boys. Sadly we only show good possession based football in patches hence why we keep getting turned over. Get this right and we are not far from securing 7th in my opinion.

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

It’s all about counter attacking with pace. Wolves will attack us so we will look to hit them on the break. Teams like Southampton rock up to our place and sit back to nick a point of a quick goal on the counter which means we need more possession based players. It’s the key reason we do badly against lesser teams but well against the big boys. Sadly we only show good possession based football in patches hence why we keep getting turned over. Get this right and we are not far from securing 7th in my opinion.

You could pretty much say the same for Wolves. We're very similar teams, as the stats for the season so far suggests.

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

I thought they were very good at our place but a little like the old Arsenal style tried to walk it in or score spectacular long rangers, I felt if they added an out and out finisher like a Defoe or Sturridge they'd be a fuller package, able to score some scruffier goals from half chances. Admirable that so few have played Premier League football before but maybe just one or two more who have would help them dig out those extra few results away from home that can make the difference. 

We need to be a lot better than we were that day even though we got the result.

Insert the token "I see they've brought in Jonny to offer them protection" gag.

13 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Not sure why Evans has been dropped the last few games. Thought we looked better with him in the team. Think Albrighton is unfortunate as well. 

B r o k e n   t o e!!!  Do your homework,before sending out your posts....You naughty boy..write down a 100 times......I am lazy and can't be bothered

about reading anything on my teams updates....