Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves A Match Thread

6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

That Puel shouldn't be under fire after every single game when we're 8th in the league. 

He understands we won the league and have higher expectations because, BUT people do need to be more realistic. 

They've also discussed his football being a bit boring but they're saying that he's building and developing the side. They're also saying that everyone has figured us out and our old style can't be the only approach any more.

It's probably the most balanced and fairest assessment I've heard pundits give Leicester in a long time. 

Consensus is that he should be given more time and windows.

I know many turn their nose up when ex players/pundits start spouting stuff about our club, but I'm always open to what they are saying and they do have some good points sometimes.

However, i really hate this constant theme of "we should know our place" and somehow winning the title makes all Leicester fans delusional. We heard the exact same when we were in relegation form under Claudio. Things like "What do Leicester fans expect?" I imagine they were saying the same about Southampton fans but interestingly Matt Le Tissier who obviously a huge Saints fan, was saying how awful the football was under Puel etc.

Interesting that another fellow ex pro/pundit albeit on a different level to Carragher, our very own Matty Piper who watches/attends our games every week, had a very different assessment recently as well.

Don't get me wrong. I think 8th would be a decent finish for our team and if he delivers that, we have probably had a decent finish to the season and he deserves the summer as well on balance, but that doesn't mean Leicester fans can't voice their unhappiness at the type of football on show and the weakened sides put out in the cups, without Jamie "spitting" Carragher piping up to tell us to know our place! lol

16 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

well, no. not really. they've given arguments on both sides of the coin and concluded that Puel needs and deserves more time.

but yeah, seems you only have an interest in giving one side of the story.

The short clip I saw came across very much as little Leicester should know their place

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agreed. Puel normally hooks players when they play as badly as he did last week. Even Ricardo was dropped!

Possbly it’s been done because we have Barnes and Gray playing so he wants more experience out there, but very harsh on Hamza!

Using the squad.....nobody gets dropped!!!

I would of liked to see Choudry,but I ain't getting on any high horse.....It's all about opinions  and how the coaching/management staff want to

set up,to try various formations....we are in a rebuilding process...

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Surprised to see Maddison not playing for you. 

Doherty dropped to the bench for us, either Saiss or Dendoncker in for Boly at the back. Not sure which way round yet. 

One of his close friends, a young girl called Sophie, sadly passed away yesterday, so Puel probably just giving the lad a break.

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Agree with some of the choices but dropping Hamza the lad didn’t deserve that he’s been a top  performer over last few games he’s played !!

Good to see Barnes Start don’t know what Rationale Puel has dropping Maddison more likely for the pace down the wings !’

The lads need to step up and be counted today we can’t continue to throw points away where we should be winning so really hoping we can come awY from the Dingles with all 3 points !!

#COYF ??

I suspect Maddison’s head isn’t quite there after Sophie’s death so it makes sense to let him settle into the game from the bench, give Barnes a run out and bring him on to play without pressure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

I feel we are light in defense with this lineup.

How? We have 2 sold centre backs, a brilliant defensive fullback, 2 defensive/holding midfielders and Chilwell whose flying up and down the wing. Ricardo as well who is a RB playing in an attacking position. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

To think we’re getting rid of Silva and he never had a game in an LCFC shirt as bad as mendy vs Southampton... and he’s starting again, great.

One fking game....I hope your girlfriend/Mrs doesn't take the same approach.....!!!

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I suspect Maddison’s head isn’t quite there after Sophie’s death so it makes sense to let him settle into the game from the bench, give Barnes a run out and bring him on to play without pressure.

Not sure Barnes will play without pressure and abuse having been a  Baggy. However I couldn’t give a monkeys about the team and the line up we just need to click and play well then it won’t matter whether it’s 4321 4231 or 4411. Cmon boys !!!