Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Can’t see the point in sacking him with our upcoming fixtures, any new manager would be onto a loser straightaway

Perfect settling in time for a new manager then. no pressure to win for the first couple of games..

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

4 defeats in the last 5.  Clueless today at times......feel sorry for Puel but playing 3 cdm's last week and today away from home plays a attacking team is just crazy.

He smells of desperation today.

And will probably be 7 from 8 after the next 3 matches.

• Like 1

Ndidi doing a stupid floated pass at the end when they countered! His passing has been shocking! He’s been a massive disappointment for me. He only gets ahead of Mendy for me because he’s tall.

morgan is finished but he’ll still play, so obvious wolves targeted him every time

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

How can anyone blame Puel for that result? 

Everyone whinges about boring, negative football and we score 3 away from home. You can quite clearly see Puel going batshit crazy telling them to stay back and defend at 3-3.

He can't legislate for some of our players making individual mistakes. Morgan, Simpson, Mendy, Ndidi, Chilwell, Ricardo, Maguire, Gray all made stupid defensive errors in that game and we were rightly punished. 

I'm neither Puel in nor Puel out, but people that blame him for losing that game are being ridiculous. 

we scored 3 because he knows his arse is on the line 

2-0 down before we attacked

Foxes fail to challenge

Wolves 2-0 Leicester

Leon Osman

Former Everton midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live

I can't quite understand this Leicester City defensive shape at the moment. Leicester didn't seem to want to go and make a challenge and Bennett just taps it into the goal.

They've only got themselves to blame. The manager will ultimately be responsible but they've made big mistakes and in the space of 30 seconds they fail to challenge for two balls.

Leicester will be concerned with how easy that ball gets Jota in behind their defence in the first place. Everybody stood around watching apart from Jota who was able to earn the corner.

image.png.5dc95e6d4c82e1b89025eb6223281753.png

Edited by HankMarvin

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Then why is he starting them if they aren't doing what they should be? This argument is stupid. If a player isn't doing their job, put someone else in. Hamza has played well every time he's been called upon, SO PLAY HIM INSTEAD OF MENDY.

So its Puels fault that professional players can't do the basics? I don't think Choudary would of make a difference today when morgan, Simpson, ndidi, chilwell, maguire, Evans etc can't defend and do the basics. 

Just for the record I’ve never bought into the whole Puel vision but I thought going forward we were really good to watch today and in a strange way I’d rather watch today’s performance than the Everton one, I thought we were really unlucky to lose, definitely worth a point, I’d like to see 2 things happen, I think on current form you’d pick Hamza over Mendy and I think for his own future Claude needs to recall Benkovic.

I've fallen off the fence, but not on to the side I was leaning. Yes, Puel picks the side, but ultimately our squad isn't very good. We all made jokes at the start of the season that Morgan was still going to start, he is and it's costing us goals. We already knew Danny Simpson was shite. Demarai Gray offers nothing apart from an occasional goal to buy him more time. Mendy is a waste of a position, Ndidi does that job. We need a midfielder that can actually pass. 

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

I can’t help but think That Puel knew a lot  was riding on this... he was animated on the sideline...

of course there was, we're in a terrible run and have Liverpool, Spurs, and a resurgent Man Utd up in the next three. If we don't get anything from those it's basically the same run of form that made Wagner leave his job at Huddersfield last week.

5 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

How can anyone blame Puel for that result? 

Everyone whinges about boring, negative football and we score 3 away from home. You can quite clearly see Puel going batshit crazy telling them to stay back and defend at 3-3.

He can't legislate for some of our players making individual mistakes. Morgan, Simpson, Mendy, Ndidi, Chilwell, Ricardo, Maguire, Gray all made stupid defensive errors in that game and we were rightly punished. 

I'm neither Puel in nor Puel out, but people that blame him for losing that game are being ridiculous. 

Spot on.

Full responsibility lies with the players after this one.  So many unforced errors and brainless decisions.  They actually let Puel down.

• Like 1

Gonna go against those defending Puel

Yes that was an entertaining game, but the underlying problems are still there that have been there all season.

Our midfield two is non existent, Mendy/Ndidi have been deserving of being dropped for weeks now yet they continue in midfield. They're probably the biggest problem in our side. Feel sorry for Choudhury/Iborra/Silva. We've starved our side of creativity because of this.

Delighted we are bringing youth through but the persistence with Morgan and also bringing back Simpson was a terrible mistake.  It practically undoes the 'bringing through youth' motion.

One semi-fightback doesn't mask our problems. Yes I know the problem isn't just Puel but even though our squad isn't the best we CAN be doing better.

He hasn't learnt from his mistakes and he'll likely be given the boot for it after today. Forever thankful for how dignified he was during the lowest point in our history, but on the field these poor shows have gone on too long.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

probably the most outrageous performance i can remember. how on earth did it appear that every time neves got the ball we had literally zero players on the pitch? 

must be up there in the all time worst defensive performances in the league’s history. 

Shades of Portsmouth away

4 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Well at least resting all those players for the Newport game was worth it. 

Since Newport defeat

Ply 2 Pts 0

Though if the players that rested in the cup were as pisspoor against Newport as they have been since, then we wouldn't have won that either.

Puel has taken us to 3 quarter finals in 4 cup attempts, and Soton to an FA Cup final. He obviously takes them seriously