Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

Where was the common sense in those final minutes? That’s the disappointing thing having done the hard stuff getting back into it. 

As for Wilf he is not benefiting from playing alongside Mendy. That pairing is not working for us now. The rest are a bit of a jumble blowing hot and cold. 

Biggest issue sue though was lack of game management. 

Last 10 matches 11 points but take out the 9 points over Christmas and do you not get a truer picture, you looking at worse form in league and if we honest we are all over the place  we starting to look like Leicester of the first season when we were at the bottom, not an experienced premiership side we should be 

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Mendy and N'Didi are the problem. They were completely anonymous all game when it came to defending. Then gave the ball away at critical points when in possession. We need someone to break up the play, Choudhury would have been far better suited in the middle there. 

The lack of pressure by them both is unbelievable really. They just stand like absolute nobs giving the other team enough time to put a nice ball in behind our defence. They think pressure is running up and standing with their legs spread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Did anyone else think the look on Puel face after 4th goal as if he knew time over, he had three good results Christmas, but other than that been a mixed season to poor season and we'd in worse position in table if wasn't for those 9 points. 

Didn't realise that's how league sports works

For me there's such a lack of interchange from the forward players, one-twos, triangles, off the ball running and this was the story of the first half, second half totally disorganised and I thought looked tired at the end. I don't see improvement from training, changing players every game affects us I think

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No idea what to think. I’m confused, exasperated, confused all rolled into one.

Going forward today we looked fine.

Defensively an absolute, absolute shambles

Sort of contradicted everything we had seen in the games through this season!!!!

when they were called upon, they blew it... This inconsistency is become frustrating and painfull....It actually hurts.and as you say exasperating!!!

So frustrating, it's getting so difficult to defend Puel but at the same time, it surely cannot be Puels fault that we make SO MANY individual mistakes. All 3 goals were due to poor individual decisions and bad positioning and the players know better. 

Someone mentioned Morgan celebrating his goal with the bench but ran past puel, did not see it myself but if that is true it's a ****ing disgrace, the amount of mistakes Morgan has made this season yet still gets played he should be licking puels shoes, any other manager would have retired him by now. His goal didn't even make up for half of the 7-10 mistakes he made today. 

Simpson and Morgan are a burden on the team defensively, Mendy and Ndidi are just too similar and I think they actually hinder eachother, playing them together cannot be defended but at the same time we literally have no other options in that position that would compliment eachother, Choudhury is not the finished article and I don't think he could play in a midfield 2, Silva is way too slow and off the pace and has been a passenger every time he's played in a 2. 

I know i've always been Puel in but it's so difficult to defend, today however I really can't help but feel sorry for him, he's always been cautious and the fans have hated him for it, 2nd half we did what the fans wanted and it backfired and he looked as though he wanted the ground to open up, I have a gut feeling that this is it now and the final nail has been hammered in. All in all I feel sorry for Puel, our team is a bit of a shambles at present and 95% of the blame is put at his door whilst the players seem to get a free pass. 

So frustrated and I don't know what the answer is. 
I think Chilwell is MASSIVELY overrated and i'd snap man citys hand off for 50m, Maguire has been poor this season, Morgan has been a rock in some games and a donkey in others, Simpson fills me with zero confidence and the duo of Simpson and Morgan combined fills me with fear. 

Maybe we get Rodgers in and he gets a new manager bounce, make no mistake though, we need atleast 10 first team and bench players before we have any hope of fighting for the top 6. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Wesley, I want you to errr lose your man at every errr given opportuniteee. 

Ndideeee, make shure you err give zee ball away. 

Danny and chilly, please err forget to track back and fall asleep when our attacks break down. 

"Wesley, You lose your man consistently, are slow, and often caught out of position, and you seem to have lost the ability to jump. So I'm not playing you this week."

"Ndidi, It seems you need to work on your passing, so I'm resting you until you prove to me in training that this area has improved."

"Chilly, I'm not sure what to say - I expect you to attack and be one of our main sources of attacking threat and then somehow "itsTheJoke" on Foxestalk thinks you can also then be immediately at the other end of the pitch defending"