Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Our defense is usually good under Puel. But go ahead and now say its a problem specific to the manager against all evidence.

Today was a game of individual player mistakes being our undoing, story of our season tbh

If you look at goals anywhere in football you can always find a mistake on the defending side, so you can’t really look at individual players.

Simpson should not have been playing nor Wes, but they were selected; buck stops with the manager.

So in answer to my question Claude, what were you thinking playing a high line to expose the lack of pace in the defenders you selected throughout that second half? 

Biggest error from Puel today was not startin Choudhury imo. He's much more mobile than Mendy and has, from what we've seen, a better range of passing than both. We missed him today. Shocking first half performance littered with mistakes and gave ourselves a mountain to climb.

We did climb it but then slipped with 3 minutes to go. The goal was inexcusable at the end. Morgan was nowhere near Jota seconds after Evans had just bust across to cover him to allow Schmeichel to pick up. 

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 2

Positives: Vardys energy, Gray had one of his best games from us, the emergence of Barnes, fighting qualities, we always looked like we could score.

Negatives: We looked lethargic and uninterested at the start, the defence was a shambles and by that Im not only talking about the back 4 but the midfields protection in general, another loss and Puel probably made more tactical errors by dropping Maddison and playing Simpson.

Overall it looked at times like the players couldnt be bothered and I dont think Puels team are that concerned or care about their manager. It almost looks like they are playing for themselves and in truth, I cant see it getting any better.

• Like 1

Can't help but think we're going backwards defensively. Puel's beloved Mendy-Ndidi pivot doesnt help to contain the opposition at all. Sadly we are sentenced to watching these two in the middle till the end of the season, at least. Very entertaing but frustrating and ultimately disappointing game. 

• Like 1

Starting to get concerned the season is about to implode. With 3 very difficult games to come we could be looking at a repeat of the season under Taylor when we had been top of the league, lost to Wycombe in the cup and won only one game for the rest of the season.

We've lost to Cardiff, Southampton, Newport and Wolves and each have been hallmarked by chronic defending and in 3 cases late demoralising goals conceded. And against Southampton we couldn't get a result against ten men.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

I can't see Puel surviving the weekend. 

He'll get at least the next three matches. Lose all three and surely he will be gone.

A new manager would be on a hiding to nothing coming in and facing Utd, Pool, and Spurs straight off the bat.

4 minutes ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

We need a ball playing midfeilders someone who drives the midfeild no point in 2 of the same players who offer no attacking or creative threat nor can do there jobs at helping the defense. 

Then change the formation or sign someone who can do that. We're more than halfway through January and we still have Ndidi and Mendy as our CM pairing.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

At the end he was very illustrated seemed like he was shouting at Stowell, who didnt seem to be saying much probably just thinking See ya

And there’s another problem. Stowell. How the fvck a goalie coach from Bristol gets to advise a prem manager on what to do in a game is beyond me.

• Like 1

Mendy and N'Didi are the problem. They were completely anonymous all game when it came to defending. Then gave the ball away at critical points when in possession. We need someone to break up the play, Choudhury would have been far better suited in the middle there. 

For the 4th why did we have our entire midfield committed forward? Think Puel was screaming only 1 just before the goal, I'm guessing he meant 1 cm.

Don't  really like a witch hunt but Wes ball watching unforgivable, Ndidi and Mendy piss poor passing which puts pressure on our shakey defence, Hamza Choudhury must surely be in now, only young but looks much better than either of the two midfielders ive mentioned.

Go and get Rodgers and bring back Benkovic. It seems if we want to tighten up at the back in the current setup then we simply cant ever attack. Our central midfield is just soul destroying as well.

The whole defence bar Evans, were horrible today. Chilwell may have been the worst actually, going forward he was brainless as well. 

To make matters worse, Barnes wont be awarded that goal which would have done him the world of good.

• Like 3

Just now, kingfox said:

So our defence was good today was it?

Our defence was shocking, in particular Morgan and Simpson. I don't see what Evans did wrong, I think Chilwell was mainly caught out due to us chasing the game and him attacking. Completely agree that we had some defensive problems.

However the reaction of taking the time and effort to get players photos and write idiot on their foreheads is what i take exception to. 

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Mendy and N'Didi are the problem. They were completely anonymous all game when it came to defending. Then gave the ball away at critical points when in possession. We need someone to break up the play, Choudhury would have been far better suited in the middle there. 

For the 4th why did we have our entire midfield committed forward? Think Puel was screaming only 1 just before the goal, I'm guessing he meant 1 cm.

Players are thick. Pretty much every goal (2 today as exceptions) in the last 3 league losses has been down to brain dead defending.

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

You do realise he trains the team, teaches them his system of defending, coaches them in it all week, and then picks the team he thinks are the best at executing HIS plan / method of play?

Wesley, I want you to errr lose your man at every errr given opportuniteee. 

Ndideeee, make shure you err give zee ball away. 

Danny and chilly, please err forget to track back and fall asleep when our attacks break down. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The style of play wasnt the issue today was it? We scored 3 goals, from losing positions. It was exciting. All the usual things people say we cant do.

We should have got a draw out of this, Mendy doesnt pass the ball to them under zero pressure, Morgan doesnt lose his man for the second time this game! and we see it out

Oh is this another one of those on another day excuses? Got it!

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

If you look at goals anywhere in football you can always find a mistake on the defending side, so you can’t really look at individual players.

Simpson should not have been playing nor Wes, but they were selected; buck stops with the manager.

So in answer to my question Claude, what were you thinking playing a high line to expose the lack of pace in the defenders you selected throughout that second half? 

Do you think if you keep calling me Claude one day it will eventually be funny?

I think Morgan should check his positioning and Mendy shouldnt give the ball away