Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Do you think if you keep calling me Claude one day it will eventually be funny?

I think Morgan should check his positioning and Mendy shouldnt give the ball away

It’s not meant to be funny I’m taking the piss because of your inability to accept that the manager is making ANY mistakes; something that you cannot bring yourself to do.

On the plus side I was entertained. ?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

People had better get used to the idea of Puel not going anywhere. He’s helped this club and the players through a very difficult time, Tops not going to sack him just because a few fans are pissed off.

Then we'd better get used to the idea of drab football and potentially flirting with relegation.

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

It’s not meant to be funny I’m taking the piss because of your inability to accept that the manager is making ANY mistakes; something that you cannot bring yourself to do.

On the plus side I was entertained. ?

Yes, you were entertained. Which is usually what you care about. But now it suits you to say entertainment is not as important as the result you seem to care less about it

I have already said i thought his starting line up was wrong. But you're so rabid there is no room for sensible discussion

Did you listen to Heskey's analysis? Puel was screaming for calm and the players lost their heads at the end.

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why does the media think we want Puel out because we're boring?

We want Puel out because we are a ****ing hopeless team under his leadership and we are regressing as a club in a time when we have unbelievable potential to push on.

The snobbery from Carragher is ****ing disgraceful, acting as though we have no right to want to better ourselves and suggesting we should be happy because we've been involved in a 7 goal game.

Top absolutely has to get rid of him. That was a ****ing disgraceful performance today.

It’s opinions like this that give rise to people thinking we’re an entitled fan base.

We’re not a hopeless team, we’re a top-half PL outfit, which is something that has been beyond us for 95% of our history.

5 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Things falling apart for clueless Claude. Mid-table security will provide a comfortable window for the Board to find a replacement. Does anyone really think this process hasn't already begun? 

Just hoping it has... surely the board can see what the fans can.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

So frustrating, it's getting so difficult to defend Puel but at the same time, it surely cannot be Puels fault that we make SO MANY individual mistakes. 

Addressed this elsewhere. Top managers don’t accept repeated mistakes. It just isn’t acceptable. Klopp or Guardiola don’t keep picking guys who make constant errors. We have not only poor coaching but also an atmosphere or culture where mistakes are okay. Morgan and Mendy have been poor of late and both seem undroppable. 

There is an argument for not punishing mistakes and for allowing players to play themselves in to form, but CP has excuses serious errors and allowed seriously out of form players to keep their place. This gives also an atmosphere amongst those guys in the team of complacency ( I won’t get dropped ) and other players outside the team of losing interest ( I won’t get a game ). 

Loads will Jump to argue just because of who I am but I’m talking sense. If someone wants to argue please present case of a top manager allowing so many errors and then turning it around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I listened to the game so didn’t see the goals, been sent this pic of the 4th goal with their player getting a massive advantage 

FB3EB4B2-1819-45DF-9021-2C42A4F20A62.jpeg

It is the rules, nothing wrong with that. I would question the defensive line.. far too forward giving our lack of pace and with it being the last minute 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Addressed this elsewhere. Top managers don’t accept repeated mistakes. It just isn’t acceptable. Klopp or Guardiola don’t keep picking guys who make constant errors. We have not only poor coaching but also an atmosphere or culture where mistakes are okay. Morgan and Mendy have been poor of late and both seem undroppable. 

There is an argument for not punishing mistakes and for allowing players to play themselves in to form, but CP has excuses serious errors and allowed seriously out of form players to keep their place. This gives also an atmosphere amongst those guys in the team of complacency ( I won’t get dropped ) and other players outside the team of losing interest ( I won’t get a game ). 

Loads will Jump to argue just because of who I am but I’m talking sense. If someone wants to argue please present case of a top manager allowing so many errors and then turning it around. 

I point you to Klopp and Karius.

He threw away their chance of success that season persisting with that gk

1 minute ago, shailen said:

You know I'm not even disappointed. If we had a competent defence today that would have been a good away performance.

Thought we looked good going forward and hopefully we pick a similar attacking line up going forward.

That's how I feel, but with our next three fixtures being Liverpool away, Man United at home and Spurs away, if the pressure wasn't already on, it's going to be cranked up to 11 by the end of those 3 games, if he doesn't go in between those games.

To be honest it all depends on Top. Even if fans are upset, he is unlikely to make a rash decision. As long as we are clear of relegation I can't see him making a change until the summer, though as others have mentioned I could see Puel himself resigning. He looked pretty distraught with that goal at the end.

Our attacking play today was great. Defensively we were a shambles, but too often it was players stepping out of position or not picking up their man properly.