Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Over-trained and underwhelmed: How Leicester players and fans lost faith in Claude Puel

Percy is just another media hack with his own agenda at the forefront. Is he speaking to a disgruntled player at the club? Quite possibly, as there must be at least one person not happy at being possibly left out of the managers plans. Is a player scorned going to give a true picture of his club? Has Percy tried to find someone very happy at the club who would give a balanced view? Possibly the only players that will talk to him are the scumbag grassing snakes with an agenda? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Percy is just another media hack with his own agenda at the forefront. Is he speaking to a disgruntled player at the club? Quite possibly, as there must be at least one person not happy at being possibly left out of the managers plans. Is a player scorned going to give a true picture of his club? Has Percy tried to find someone very happy at the club who would give a balanced view? Possibly the only players that will talk to him are the scumbag grassing snakes with an agenda? 

Good point. Chillwell would, presumably, give a better account of life at the club. 

Ive never been a fan of Percy but to me some of the stuff in this article does ring true even though much is obvious.

We have one of the best strikers in the league but Vards is starved of chances. Why we are not building our team and tactics around him I have no idea. Its one of the reasons I love Vardy so much because he just gets on with it where a lesser man would have been all ego and transferred to a club that would give him 4 chances a game.

The fact that we start slow and sluggish, us playing three defensive midfielders at home to Southampton with Silva still on our books, chopping and changing the team (especially the defence). The fact that a lot of the fan base has had enough is evident by reading this forum for starters,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

I know he's usually a good source for information about the club but Percy's agenda against Puel is so clear it seems forced. Lots of comments that aren't backed up by any quotes or evidence.

He’s a good source of information for a reason and thats because he’s fed information by a player(s). Where do folk think this information comes from, especially when he’s mentioning training ground regimes, isolation of players and the mis use of ‘certain’ players. Regardless of whether you think he has an agenda or not I think its pretty obvious where his sources originate. The so called itk’s surely can affirm that John Percy has a direct line to a certain clique within the club. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’m not a Puel fan and I couldn’t careless if he was to get sacked tomorrow. 

But I am finding it uncomfortable to the amount of stories John Percy is writing about Puel. Obviously it’s his job to get people reading but it doesn’t help the manager & the team when we are having weekly newspaper articles about Puel’s job. 

To me it looks like Percy is sticking the boot in at any given opportunity.

51 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

It does seem as though there may be some sort of agenda on Percy's behalf but equally, he does tend to be accurate when reporting on all things Leicester. Either way, it does seem increasingly as though Puel's days are numbered. 

I just hate when the media vultures start circling like they have for Claude. The way they stoke the fire to get a few more page clicks - it's appalling. They'll keep going for Claude every day until he's gone. Despicable really. I'm not talking just about Percy here btw.

player power going on here. 

One or two players are obviously not happy with Puel ( maybe more?) and are seeking Percy’s help to get him gone. @Abrasive fox has stated that Percy’s tweets can be trusted 100%. 

He’s definitely getting his info from someone at the club.

7 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

He’s a good source of information for a reason and thats because he’s fed information by a player(s). Where do folk think this information comes from, especially when he’s mentioning training ground regimes, isolation of players and the mis use of ‘certain’ players. Regardless of whether you think he has an agenda or not I think its pretty obvious where his sources originate. The so called itk’s surely can affirm that John Percy has a direct line to a certain clique within the club. 

Even if he is speaking to players the things he writes are still not evidenced. I understand he isn't going to quote certain players (if that is where he gets his information) but until he can back up what he is writing then why write it? All it seems to do is help him gain clicks and further anti-Puel rhetoric. It's unhelpful, unsubstantiated and suits his personal agenda.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

How is it difficult to predict a Puel line up? It'll change occasionally due to injuries but if everyone's fit you can be confident it'll feature:

Schmeichel

Periera

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Mendy

Ndidi

Maddison

Vardy

The only thing that really changes is the wingers, because none of them are really good and consistent enough to lock the place down.

That’s just not true though, Maddison isn’t a guaranteed starter and Ricardo doesn’t always start in the back four. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’m not a Puel fan and I couldn’t careless if he was to get sacked tomorrow. 

But I am finding it uncomfortable to the amount of stories John Percy is writing about Puel. Obviously it’s his job to get people reading but it doesn’t help the manager & the team when we are having weekly newspaper articles about Puel’s job. 

To me it looks like Percy is sticking the boot in at any given opportunity.

Why would he though? Not saying that in you're wrong (because you aren't at all) but what's it to him?

Makes you wonder if this is the players telling him. In-fact it makes total sense that it is.

1 hour ago, IsItMuzzy said:

I know he's usually a good source for information about the club but Percy's agenda against Puel is so clear it seems forced. Lots of comments that aren't backed up by any quotes or evidence.

Firstly, he isn’t going to quote inside information that has been given to him.

Secondly, journalists are allowed opinions as well. They don’t have to be neutral.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, MPH said:

player power going on here. 

One or two players are obviously not happy with Puel ( maybe more?) and are seeking Percy’s help to get him gone. @Abrasive fox has stated that Percy’s tweets can be trusted 100%. 

He’s definitely getting his info from someone at the club.

Rudkin...

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

you are in denial as to the amount of people who are against him at the club.

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, Analysethis said:

Ive never been a fan of Percy but to me some of the stuff in this article does ring true even though much is obvious.

We have one of the best strikers in the league but Vards is starved of chances. Why we are not building our team and tactics around him I have no idea. Its one of the reasons I love Vardy so much because he just gets on with it where a lesser man would have been all ego and transferred to a club that would give him 4 chances a game.

The fact that we start slow and sluggish, us playing three defensive midfielders at home to Southampton with Silva still on our books, chopping and changing the team (especially the defence). The fact that a lot of the fan base has had enough is evident by reading this forum for starters,

So what happens when Vardy retires or leaves and we have built a team around an ageing player? Also strikers nowadays need to work to fashion chances too not just be supplied with them, although that is more a comment on your post than Vardy. 

Puel, for all his faults (yes he does seem to have them), is trying to get us away from overreliance on one man and style of football (as did Ranieri in the second season). We were found out somewhat although it's good to also have it in your armoury. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Firstly, he isn’t going to quote inside information that has been given to him.

Secondly, journalists are allowed opinions as well. They don’t have to be neutral.

True. But you make what is opinion clear as a top-class reputable journo not cloak it in fact. Sadly it's less of the case nowadays. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

He had to pen something to justify his existence, he didn't have anything new so he regurgitated some stuff about Leicester players not liking the intensity of the training, or the pre-game sessions. Then he stuck it in an article which is otherwise blandly speculating on Puel's future ('Top is unlikely to...' 'It's likely that...') and reminding everyone that he's not too popular. There wasn't too much in it, I thought, but it's pretty much what I'd expect journos to be churning out while we're still on a losing streak, and fans are calling for his head in numbers. Editors will be expecting someone to be watching that story.

As for the references to the players, lots of hacks hear lots of players' gripes and not only at LCFC. It's likely that this has some substance to it at least, the source probably being someone who isn't getting game time, or has a problem with the manager. It contained no big reveals, I thought, and it certainly didn't feel like it was part of a wider vendetta. It isn't on the scale of, say, Conn's two year-long rephrasing of the same article, banging the drum for our name to be blackened in the name of FFP.

5 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Think you're missing the point. I'd normally join you when it comes to footballers moaning about having it tough but in this day and age, to be having extra training the day before a game seems pretty dumb.

Allegedly is the term being used to be fair. I doubt very much there's any truth in that. It's just another article built on hearsay.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Why would he though? Not saying that in you're wrong (because you aren't at all) but what's it to him?

Makes you wonder if this is the players telling him. In-fact it makes total sense that it is.

If this is the case, then it stinks of player power. The players might earn the big bucks, but they need more discipline and putting in their place. Like or hate Puel, he IS the manager of City, and they need to just get the **** on with it, or get back in the development squad.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

you are in denial as to the amount of people who are against him at the club.

And just exactly like you I suspect, i haven't got the faintest idea. I admit it but ... if you have any genuine evidence to the contrary and not just basing your claims on mere supposition and rumour,  now is the time that you can enlighten us all with your first hand knowledge and facts.

• Like 1