Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Over-trained and underwhelmed: How Leicester players and fans lost faith in Claude Puel

10 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Percy can fvck off honestly. Fvcking Idiot.

Puel is the manager your article won't change that.

Suspect the press would rather have someone more media interesting, someone who has either won things and has a reputation or comes out frothing at the mouth in the press conferences.

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Generally we finish games stronger, surely overtraining would lead to us tiring during in the games? Fail to see how it causes slow starts. 

Article attempts to discredit the manager but all it does is turn people against the players. 

Whilst the constant press negativity and "player leaks" that lead to these articles feels like an attack on our club and is extremely irritating. Generally if someone has overworked their body the day before exercise wise then it takes a while to get going the following day. Go on a long run for example 2 days in a row the first minute or so on day 2 will be "painful" as the muscles seem to take longer to get going. Granted professionally players should be in excellent shape but there is a reason almost all professional sides have light training the day before a game. Due to their conditioning it makes sense that it would have a bigger impact at the beginning of games than the end. 

Edited by desertfox2
Minor
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

We all know this will have come from a player. Wonder if he asked the player whether they thought it was sensible to have a late night in London on the Thursday if Friday training is the norm??? 

How do you know they had a late night on Thursday?

Some top notch conclusion jumping in here.

Fact is that we are struggling at the minute and he’s under pressure. The article tries to explain why, using what inside info he has. It was never going to be balanced because it’s a negative situation.

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

If you haven’t fully recovered from the day before it takes you a little while before you can get up to speed as you have to fight through the doms and tiredness etc.

Surely this would be dealt with in the warm up if even true.

Also why would a manager tire his players or before a game when it directly affects they're match day performance?

This sounds made up as there would be a team of experts making sure the players a right and if training a negatively affects the whole team they would change the training regime.

Unless of course there's around 40 people all telling Puel that training is too much and he ignores....

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

Does anyone not remember the title winning season when training inbetween and right before games was focused on recovery and making sure the players were at 100% before the game? Do people not remember how well that worked for us and how fit and intense the players looked that season?

Of course long training sessions the day before games is going to have an effect especially on the starts of games. If you haven’t fully recovered from the day before it takes you a little while before you can get up to speed as you have to fight through the doms and tiredness etc.

Even professional atheletes are human beings and are not super people, they will also need time to recover from long training sessions. A hefty wage packet doesnt make them immune from it either.

This is why Puel is losing the fans and players because he is so stubborn he does not see the fault in anything he does and his refusal to change anything is going to be his undoing. If a player is struggling in games due to over training and voices that opinion it is Puels duty as manager to ensure this isnt happening.

Going on about the title winning season is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle, twice.

How well did this training do in our performances against Huddersfield, Bournemouth x 2 and West Brom under Shakey? Or the entire second season under Ranieri?

My fear is that like the fans, a set of the players are constantly harping on about what happened 3/4 years ago and are trying to recreate something that's impossible to do.

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Fact is that we are struggling at the minute and he’s under pressure. The article tries to explain why, using what inside info he has. It was never going to be balanced because it’s a negative situation.

Percy's articles about us have had a bit of a stink about them for about 6-8 months, people have noticed. Yes there are negative things to talk about, so clearly they will be negative stuff written. But as I mentioned in the summer and several times since his articles have seemed a little off, with some strange angles and ultra negative slants.

If Ricardo wasnt being such a boss this season I think Puel would be fast becoming my favourite member of our club.

At least Pogba showed his face to the public when he disagreed with the manager.  Someone or some people from our club are acting like rats.

Hope Top sticks with Puel to be honest.

If we get rid of him I hope we get Mourinho.  Most deserving club of him that I can imagine atm

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Beechey said:

Getting really annoyed with Percy's issue with Puel. There's no substance in this article whatsoever. It's all quotes and opinion and nothing to substantiate anything.

Has he ever written a non-negative article about Puel?

Didn't he write that the dressing room hated Puel, and then Maguire, Chilwell and others rubbished these reports? How close is he actually to the club?

? Yes that’s right.

Players would normally admit to slating the manager behind his back when interviewed. 

What planet are are you on? 

9 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Think you're missing the point. I'd normally join you when it comes to footballers moaning about having it tough but in this day and age, to be having extra training the day before a game seems pretty dumb.

Alleged extra training.

That word pops up a couple of times, along with, "it is said".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Exactly. 

Puel is not liked anywhere other than this forum ffs plain and simple.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

what an utter fragmented bs article to try and cause some sort mementum in being true. as per usual the media need to be carefully monitored because they are truly con-artists in plain sight.

Edited by Simoken

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

? Yes that’s right.

Players would normally admit to slating the manager behind his back when interviewed. 

What planet are are you on? 

It's not for me to justify myself, I'm not the one damaging the club by publishing this crap. I can hold an opinion of the topic without having to do Percy's job for him. 

I happen to dislike him publishing articles with absolutely no fact involved at all. You might like it, I don't care. 

• Haha 1