Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I agree that Silva is a good player who deserved better at LCFC (especially over the transfer), and credit to him for getting switched on at Monaco, in such a short space of time.

It's quite unusual to have this kind of swap where both players are immediately great, and I'm delighted for all concerned.

Silva can do well at mobaco coz it is a differebt gamevto the pl.  He never looked comfortable with the lack if tine or tge physical nature of the pl.... i hope he does great. .. so that we can tecoup some value. 

My concern us that the better tielemans looks the more likely he will be snapped up by some other club 

• Like 2

'He's a talent but of course there's a number of factors to signing a player,' said the Leicester manager. 

'We'll just enjoy working together and we'll see where we're at in the summer. I just want to see him consistently.

'He was a young player at 16, 17 who was highly sought after, he obviously went to Monaco and was in and around the Belgium squad, which is one of the top squads in world football.' 

Against Fulham Leicester fans chanted 'sign him up' for the second match in a row after Tielemans finished cooly from a pass by Jamie Vardy.

'I'm enjoying working with him, he's a good boy, plays with a smile, and he wants the ball,' added Rodgers. 'What was pleasing for me was seeing him in the box.

'He's a really clever play tactically, he knows the game well. He's got a wonderful weight of pass. I think as he gets fitter between now and the end of the season you'll hopefully see more from him as well.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6797475/Leicester-boss-Rodgers-delay-decision-40m-Tielemans-summer.html

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa it's past experiences like that that make me always uneasy when we are linked with what appears to be a huge coup on paper for the club. It's also why I had nagging doubts that Rodgers won't do well here because everything points to them being a success here but it seldom works out like that for us, we are a strange club.

I really hope Rodgers makes a success of it here, otherwise who the Hell do we appoint next? 

Early days I know but he appears to be a good fit. 

Keeping everything crossed! 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jordan said:

The initiation ritual had me in stitches, the Tielemans rap was Grade A. lol

Also, Tielemans says or indicates that his role is to "control the game". So far, he's done a terrific job at it. Personally, I think he's highly apt at reading the game and spraying passes left, right and center. He's able to anticipate his teammates' movements in a way that you rarely see on a football pitch.

Comes across as very professional and likeable, down to earth.

SIGN HIM UP!

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jordan said:

As for Vardy, I think it’s more interesting that the interviewer brought him up (Tielemans did have nice things to say about Vardy, too). Whenever I talk to people from other countries or have a passing interest in football and Leicester City comes up in the discussion, if the first thing they mention isn’t the 5000/1 title, it’s Vardy. We say he’s the soul of the team amongst us, but other people really notice this.

Well that's why Vardy is our hero! The player who broke out from working class to help create the best footballing story of all time, and a great person in real life too, now that some of his crazier days are behind him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

'He's a talent but of course there's a number of factors to signing a player,' said the Leicester manager. 

'We'll just enjoy working together and we'll see where we're at in the summer. I just want to see him consistently.

'He was a young player at 16, 17 who was highly sought after, he obviously went to Monaco and was in and around the Belgium squad, which is one of the top squads in world football.' 

Against Fulham Leicester fans chanted 'sign him up' for the second match in a row after Tielemans finished cooly from a pass by Jamie Vardy.

'I'm enjoying working with him, he's a good boy, plays with a smile, and he wants the ball,' added Rodgers. 'What was pleasing for me was seeing him in the box.

'He's a really clever play tactically, he knows the game well. He's got a wonderful weight of pass. I think as he gets fitter between now and the end of the season you'll hopefully see more from him as well.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6797475/Leicester-boss-Rodgers-delay-decision-40m-Tielemans-summer.html

? "He's a good boy"

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very likely it'll be no more than £20m and Silva. It's easily do-able and I think Rodgers will look to cash in on either Maguire or Chilwell to fund all the changes he may want to make to bring this squad up to standard for his style of football.

Tielemans is 21 and will only improve. Silva is 29 and will only degrade in performance. Lots of Premier League clubs would bite their leg off for Tielemans. Silva isn't as wanted by cash-rich clubs. I'm not sure is 20 million plus Silva will be enough.

I sincerely hope we don't sell Chilwell since he's an academy product. But if we sell Maguire and replace him with a hopefully fit Benkovic I guess we could manage 30 million plus Silva (if that's accepted) and then spend 20 million on a promising young striker.

I could see Tielemans returning and us developing Maddison and Barnes as our promising attacking midfielders tbh.

5 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Agreed we do need to bring in a replacement for Vardy... but we shouldn’t pass up the chance to sign Tielemans. The high press is already bringing the best out of Vardy and we can wait another season to replace him if needs be. 

I could see that happening. Tielemans is 21 with proven Premier League experience. We'd probably need to sell Maguire for the cash, give them Silva, break a transfer record and replace Vardy next season.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Tielemans is 21 and will only improve. Silva is 29 and will only degrade in performance. Lots of Premier League clubs would bite their leg off for Tielemans. Silva isn't as wanted by cash-rich clubs. I'm not sure is 20 million plus Silva will be enough.

I sincerely hope we don't sell Chilwell since he's an academy product. But if we sell Maguire and replace him with a hopefully fit Benkovic I guess we could manage 30 million plus Silva (if that's accepted) and then spend 20 million on a promising young striker.

I could see Tielemans returning and us developing Maddison and Barnes as our promising attacking midfielders tbh.

I think we'd get £10-15m for Silva, don't forget we've nearly got £10m for a 31 year old Iborra. If Monaco are willing to accept that Silva's market value would be £15m to them and we'll make up the difference to get Tielemans for approaching £40m then £20m and a sell on clause or some future add ons would clinch it.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'd get £10-15m for Silva, don't forget we've nearly got £10m for a 31 year old Iborra. If Monaco are willing to accept that Silva's market value would be £15m to them and we'll make up the difference to get Tielemans for approaching £40m then £20m and a sell on clause or some future add ons would clinch it.

Who were those Monaco fans on here a while back? It'd be interesting to know their opinion. It's good Monaco's got Silva and he's performing because he'll give us a financial edge that we wouldn't normally have vis-a-vis richer clubs. There's half a chance in hell if we raise the cash from selling Maguire but I can equally see Maddison and Barnes as our main attacking midfielders next season.

39 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

https://sporza.be/nl/2019/03/11/tielemans-uit-sportweekend/

Found joy at Leicester again after 18 months of misery at Monaco.

Doesn't consider his time at Monaco as a failure.
Feels like a true Fox already and was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome from his mates.
EPL suits him, not just physically but also technically. There's a lot of space to exploit. He has a connection with Vardy, a runner, easy to service, easy to play with.

He learned a lot at Monaco, but there was too much negativity so it was a good call to leave now. He had to cope with negativity and criticism, deal with fighting for a spot. Playing one match, benched the next. Wasn't used to that. Grew mentally stronger.

Fans (LFC) want him to stay, but he doesn't know what will happen in the summer. "Normally" he'll return to Monaco.

There's a video too

https://api.sporza.be/permalink/web/articles/1552323207296

"Normally" in that context with French means that based on current circumstances he’s on loan until the end of the season…. Consequently he’d return…

However, clearly there are things that could happen in the interim…. Like we make an offer!  

I just wanted to be clear that he wasn’t suggesting this’d be a likely outcome in case anyone started to feel dismayed ?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wolfox said:

"Normally" in that context with French means that based on current circumstances he’s on loan until the end of the season…. Consequently he’d return…

However, clearly there are things that could happen in the interim…. Like we make an offer!  

I just wanted to be clear that he wasn’t suggesting this’d be a likely outcome in case anyone started to feel dismayed ?!

Yes, except that that wasn't French... it was Dutch.

Otherwise, yes. That's why i put it between quotes.

2 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Yes, except that that wasn't French... it was Dutch.

Otherwise, yes. That's why i put it between quotes.

Ah he’s Dutch as opposed to French speaking Belgian….  I guess it works it works in either language then!

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Ah he’s Dutch as opposed to French speaking Belgian….  I guess it works it works in either language then!

He's from Brussels and speaks both languages near-perfect. He gave an interview to both Flemish and Walloon TV on the same day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lizhang said:

He's from Brussels and speaks both languages near-perfect. He gave an interview to both Flemish and Walloon TV on the same day.

I have a teeny bit of vlaams in my locker and the very last quote from your article would translate to: "I can't say anything about the price, that's just paper talk. We'll see what happens in the summer. As things stand I'm just going back to Monaco again".  The way he talks of rediscovering the joy of football and playing in the 1st team, how he describes this as the next step in his career and on 2 occasions says "we'll see" if he stays all paints a positive picture regarding his response if we do make serious overtures to make the move permanent.  Hope that's all cleared up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I have a teeny bit of vlaams in my locker and the very last quote from your article would translate to: "I can't say anything about the price, that's just paper talk. We'll see what happens in the summer. As things stand I'm just going back to Monaco again".  The way he talks of rediscovering the joy of football and playing in the 1st team, how he describes this as the next step in his career and on 2 occasions says "we'll see" if he stays all paints a positive picture regarding his response if we do make serious overtures to make the move permanent.  Hope that's all cleared up.

There is no need to translate my motherlanguage for me, but thanks ;)
I wasn't translating the article, i was just giving a rundown. He does seem to enjoy it at Leicester, while not having enjoyed his time at Monaco, and it looks like he just doesn't want to comment on a permanent move. Which makes sense.If he says he wants to leave Monaco, but the summer deal doesn't happen, then he needs to go back and fans back there will spit him out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

There is no need to translate my motherlanguage for me, but thanks ;)
I wasn't translating the article, i was just giving a rundown. He does seem to enjoy it at Leicester, while not having enjoyed his time at Monaco, and it looks like he just doesn't want to comment on a permanent move. Which makes sense.If he says he wants to leave Monaco, but the summer deal doesn't happen, then he needs to go back and fans back there will spit him out.

I was backing you up als het niet klaar was...