Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

Silva does represent a bit of leverage if indeed Monaco decides they want him.  If we make Silva conditional on Tielemans coming the other way, they might be inclined to take a few million less in overall value.  Of course that only works if Tielemans still wants to come to Leicester and Monaco believe we'd be willing to take Silva back.  I could see Silva getting another shot here under a new manager (though the real issue is more likely an ownership ban on using him being lifted) so it's not totally far-fetched from a credulity standpoint.

17 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Very talented and will hopefully get even better but can be frustrating, especially the turning back thing.

Yes, agree. Think that’s the most frustrating thing, we all know the talent is there. 

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes I'd still let him go as we will just buy another one. Chilwell is not worth the money being quoted, so if Man City are stupid enough to pay £50-60m for him then snap their hand off.

I don't know if we can get an equivalent player even withe money. He's very well integrated in the team and despite his actual lack of end product, is a tremendous asset for us. We need a backup, not a new starting LB and we have more urgent problems to solve.

Rodgers is a big fan of young players and can finish what Puel couldn't. Can't honestly see it happening.

Just now, That_Dude said:

I don't know if we can get an equivalent player even withe money. He's very well integrated in the team and despite his actual lack of end product, is a tremendous asset for us. We need a backup, not a new starting LB and we have more urgent problems to solve.

Rodgers is a big fan of young players and can finish what Puel couldn't. Can't honestly see it happening.

Chilwell would be being bought for his potential and not his current ability. There are a number of left backs that will have scored and assisted more times than Chilwell this season, plus offering the same level of defending.

He is a huge talent, but people seem to be convinced it's only a matter of time before he adds end product to his game but i'm not so sure it's that nailed on. He seems to lack the footballing brain and that can't be taught. I would be tempted to cash in purely because the hype is so high and if Man City really were willing to pay the £75m that's been quoted then i'd be astounded.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gerard said:

Gone where?

We won't pay £40m. Either an elite level club comes in for him and he'll go there anyway or the only offer for him is a club like us. Monaco will want rid and if the only offers are clubs like ours then they can't expect £40m. 

Only 12 clubs in Europe have ever paid more than £40m for a player, it's not pocket change. 

I don't think that we should play hard ball for a player like him. Monaco won't bulge, especially if he keeps giving this kind of performances.

Times have changed and prices went up, thats how it is. The lad's young and class and we had tremendous problems in the midfield since summer 2016.

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Paraphrasing...

someone said... Rodgers would stay 2-3 years and then go to a top 6 club.

Someone said, given time Rodgers could make us a top 6 club

I said as we will be a top 6 club, we would come in for Rodgers and therefore Rodgers would "go" to us.

Oh how i laughed :) 

Ah right, now I see why I’m confused, I thought we were talking about Tielemans, yunno, this being the Tielemans thread and all :)

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

Gone where?

We won't pay £40m. Either an elite level club comes in for him and he'll go there anyway or the only offer for him is a club like us. Monaco will want rid and if the only offers are clubs like ours then they can't expect £40m. 

Only 12 clubs in Europe have ever paid more than £40m for a player, it's not pocket change. 

Why won’t we pay £40 million? We bid that for Sigurdsson before he went to Everton

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Why won’t we pay £40 million? We bid that for Sigurdsson before he went to Everton

No we didn't.

As I said previously only 12 teams in Europe have ever paid £40m+ for a player, people are going on like it's pocket change. Financially we're way behind the top six in revenue, even Tottenham have never paid that much for a player and they generate over £200m a year more than us.

Tielemans is surplus to requirements at Monaco, they'll be actively looking to sell this summer. If an elite level club doesn't come in for him then they aren't in a position to demand £40m from us. 

24 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No we didn't.

As I said previously only 12 teams in Europe have ever paid £40m+ for a player, people are going on like it's pocket change. Financially we're way behind the top six in revenue, even Tottenham have never paid that much for a player and they generate over £200m a year more than us.

Tielemans is surplus to requirements at Monaco, they'll be actively looking to sell this summer. If an elite level club doesn't come in for him then they aren't in a position to demand £40m from us. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-citys-failed-gylfi-sigurdsson-2080586

“In July 2017, City bid what would have been, and still would be, a club record £40million for Iceland international Gylfi Sigurdsson.”

Just because he is surplus to requirements doesn’t mean Monaco will be willing to take less then they value him at. The world of football is now a sellers market, clubs will always ask for higher prices from Premier League clubs because of the figures that go around about TV money.

You want quality you have to pay for it. And with Tielemans (and other players of his age) you are not only paying for his current quality but the potential he has to become a world class player, which is why he has been so highly rated for the past few years and followed by some of the worlds biggest clubs, and is exactly what Monaco will be seeing in their valuation.

You only have to look at the prices paid recently like £20 million for Solanke (50 league games in his entire career) or the prices being quoted for players who have played less than a full season of games (Sancho and Joao Felix) to see that £40 million is a good deal for a player of Tielemans’ quality and potential.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

On 10/03/2019 at 11:40, Carl the Llama said:

Imagine thinking Silva's 10x the player of Tielemans because he's slotted in well in a lower quality leaguelol

I wouldn't dismiss the league that easily.

Lyon and PSG played some decent stuff in the Champions League and it is the league where Hazard and Kante played before they made it big. PSG shadow looms large but Marseille, St Etienne, Lille, Rennes are clubs who would fancy their chances against us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Chilwell would be being bought for his potential and not his current ability. There are a number of left backs that will have scored and assisted more times than Chilwell this season, plus offering the same level of defending.

He is a huge talent, but people seem to be convinced it's only a matter of time before he adds end product to his game but i'm not so sure it's that nailed on. He seems to lack the footballing brain and that can't be taught. I would be tempted to cash in purely because the hype is so high and if Man City really were willing to pay the £75m that's been quoted then i'd be astounded.

I see where you're coming from, but we'd have to line up replacement for two left-backs, if Chilwell were to be sold in the summer.

Otherwise, we'd be too exposed and forced to find a suitable replacement. Not that many good and reasonably priced young left-backs with Premier League experience out there at the minute. I like Ben Davies, but it'd cost quite a bit. Pushing it, Ryan Bertrand.

I doubt Fuchs will want to stick around any longer, as his contract expires. He's then free to finally head to the US on a permanent, even join an MLS side.

There's the question mark with regards to Callum Elder's future situation. I like what I've seen when he was on loan at Wigan. If he's happy to be backup, we should keep him.

In short, I see too much of a risk trying to sell Chilwell now. He still has aspects of his game to work on, but he's currently on track to becoming our very own Leighton Baines.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I see where you're coming from, but we'd have to line up replacement for two left-backs, if Chilwell were to be sold in the summer.

Otherwise, we'd be too exposed and forced to find a suitable replacement. Not that many good and reasonably priced young left-backs with Premier League experience out there at the minute. I like Ben Davies, but it'd cost quite a bit. Pushing it, Ryan Bertrand.

I doubt Fuchs will want to stick around any longer, as his contract expires. He's then free to finally head to the US on a permanent, even join an MLS side.

There's the question mark with regards to Callum Elder's future situation. I like what I've seen when he was on loan at Wigan. If he's happy to be backup, we should keep him.

In short, I see too much of a risk trying to sell Chilwell now. He still has aspects of his game to work on, but he's currently on track to becoming our very own Leighton Baines.

Rodgers previous 2 left backs might be courted, Tierney and Moreno. The latter being out of contract this summer.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

40m is probably fair tbf. We were offered 25m for Gray with less experience and potential at a similar age.

That was from Bournemouth who only have 4 garden sheds to up-keep meaning that can spend more on their playing budget.

23 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

FRY UP & CUPPA TIE 

Tielemans plans to make Leicester move permanent after falling in love with porridge and beans

The Belgian midfielder has adapted well to both English football and its cuisine despite only arriving in January

YOURI TIELEMANS is loving life in England and can see himself staying permanently - because of the football and the food.

He has slotted into the Leicester midfield seamlessly since joining on loan from Monaco on deadline day in January.

But after scoring his first goal for the club in the 3-1 win over Fulham on Saturday, the Belgian admitted he can't get enough of the English cuisine.

And now he says there is no reason for him not to sign permanently for the Foxes, with a £40million transfer fee reported in recent weeks.

Tielemans, 21, told RTBF: "I needed to get fresh ideas after my last few months at Monaco, where we went into a downward spiral.

"In principle I am due to return at the end of the season. But if Leicester want to keep me, I don't see why not. We will see in due course.

"I speak English, and eat a lot of English food as well - bacon and eggs, porridge - which is very good for an athlete.

"I love baked beans, but have to restrain myself with them - they can be a bit heavy!"

Tielemans has played five times for the Foxes since swapping with Adrien Silva for the rest of the campaign.

He seems to have struck an immediate bond with his Leicester City team-mates, forging a partnership with Wilfred Ndidi and James Maddison in midfield.

And after setting up Demarai Gray against Brighton, Tielamans assisted Jamie Vardy at Watford before the former England striker returned the favour against the relegation-threatened Cottagers.

But as he is singing from the same hymn sheet as his team-mates on the pitch, it is as much off it that the Belgian midfielder has integrated with the rest of the squad, helped by his initiation performance.

He added: "We don't go away on training camps before home matches - we just meet at the stadium three hours before kick-off, eat together and relax.

"Some of the squad play cards, others snooker, but darts is their big thing. They love it.

"Jamie Vardy is a very straightforward and welcoming guy. But when he gets annoyed it's something else!

"I had to sing Shape of You by Ed Sheeran for my initiation ceremony. My wife tells me that I do not have a great voice, but I think I have done a good job.

"But it was more stressful than playing in front of a packed stadium!"

Now I know he's not going to turn around mid loan when he's in the team and say "I hate it here, I have no intention of signing". But a lot of what Youri is saying in interviews sounds very promising. I wouldnt be shocked if we could get this done in the summer and what a signing it would be!

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

No we didn't.

davinson sanchez ??