Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Posted in another thread, but just want to comment on this one here too.

Today I think Rodgers use of Youri Tielemans was fantastic. He kept him on all game and realised that he was the one that could make things happen. And it was his cross at the end that got us the goal. To be honest if I was manager, I would build the entire team around Tielemans. He is that good IMO and will only improve and he has a good understanding with Vardy already. Today he started off as an 8 alongside Maddison, got shifted to a 6 after the sending off to sit alongside Ndidi, and then at the end played as a 10 behind Vardy. And he was good in all three positions! That's why he is such a special player because he did all of that aged just 21, and with less than 10 games in the Premier League.

We must do this and not around Vardy who would only benefit from Tielemans thriving.

Sign the lad asap.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

Just now, That_Dude said:

We must do this. Not around Vardy who can only benefit from Tielemans thriving.

Sign the lad asap.

I think Puel signed Maddison to build the team around him, but Tielemans is the better player now, and likely will be the better player in the future. I can't see how he won't end up being a first team player at a top 4 club eventually, but there is a window of opportunity to get him now and try to get top 4 ourselves one day :)

Also it doesn't mean that we have to use him as a 10 and make everything go through him. The system we started with which is 433 with Maddison and Tielemans together behind Vardy is a very good one and suits our current players IMO. But he should be the player that we try to get on the ball as much as possible IMO. It's no coincidence that the players around him (Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes) have all improved their performances when YT is on the pitch, and that's the effect the best midfielders have.

• Like 3

He's very astute and drifts into great positions. 

At the minute he lacks a little pace but then he hasn't played much football this year.

With a good pre season he'll be so much stronger and quicker, Then I look forward to see him really shine.

I'm sure the Club will get this real done done Summer.

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Posted in another thread, but just want to comment on this one here too.

Today I think Rodgers use of Youri Tielemans was fantastic. He kept him on all game and realised that he was the one that could make things happen. And it was his cross at the end that got us the goal. To be honest if I was manager, I would build the entire team around Tielemans. He is that good IMO and will only improve and he has a good understanding with Vardy already. Today he started off as an 8 alongside Maddison, got shifted to a 6 after the sending off to sit alongside Ndidi, and then at the end played as a 10 behind Vardy. And he was good in all three positions! That's why he is such a special player because he did all of that aged just 21, and with less than 10 games in the Premier League.

In one of his first games at Anderlecht, at age 16, he was played as left back. Assisted one and absolutely bossed the pitch.

You guys are so lucky to have King Youri in your squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stoica said:

In one of his first games at Anderlecht, at age 16, he was played as left back. Assisted one and absolutely bossed the pitch.

You guys are so lucky to have King Youri in your squad.

It was this game right? I have only seen this video of the match when we were linked with him and seeing it made me understand the hype that surrounded him. Crazy performance for a 16 year old!

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think Puel signed Maddison to build the team around him, but Tielemans is the better player now, and likely will be the better player in the future. I can't see how he won't end up being a first team player at a top 4 club eventually, but there is a window of opportunity to get him now and try to get top 4 ourselves one day :)

Also it doesn't mean that we have to use him as a 10 and make everything go through him. The system we started with which is 433 with Maddison and Tielemans together behind Vardy is a very good one and suits our current players IMO. But he should be the player that we try to get on the ball as much as possible IMO. It's no coincidence that the players around him (Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes) have all improved their performances when YT is on the pitch, and that's the effect the best midfielders have.

You make a good point, but I personally think that his system supposed a ball playing CM who would be pulling the strings from the deep, Maddison and Vardy being at the tip of the spear. Puel got Tielemans too late to save his head, however it was clear, at least for me, that he played with 2 DM out of necessity rather than by philosophy. 

That said I'm very pleased to see what Rodgers is actually doing with the team and sincerely hope that we'll sign Tielemans, no matter what it takes. This is one in a lifetime opportunity, just like Vardy, Mahrez or Kanté. Losing him would be detrimental, to put it mildly, and could even cost Rodgers his job on the long-term (yeah I know it's a bit far-fetched but still).