Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

Think we actually hold a good hand here, particulary because if Adrien Silva carries on impressing them and they want him it can knock £15-20m off the price and all parties are pleased. Anyone else coming in will have to stump up £40m and for a player seen as surplus is abit ridiculous - you'd still be asking questions as to why they want rid and then why they would then rate the cost so high.

He also looks pretty happy to be here and has come straight in, settled, starts every week and has now even hit the back of the net. He's not above our level either at all lads, we can pay him his wage, he can play in the Premier League and if he excells again still has time on his side to move, though right now he still has alot to prove.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jordan said:

The original article/interview in French is here: https://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/etranger/angleterre/detail_tielemans-a-leicester-on-joue-aux-flechettes-avant-les-matches?id=10166186

Other notes, if my French is still useful:

• Rodgers uses a lot of tactical flexibility and interchanging of players, and in his short time, he's already been employed in three different roles "number 6," "number 8," and "number 10."
  • They talk about how English fans love screamers from distance, as that's something Tielemans has in his bag of tricks. He said he'd like to show off a few more tricks, though--half-jokingly saying he might want to give the Zidane "roulette" a try in England.
  • He also says he leaves any discussion about money and transfers to his agent. He says he plays football for the love of the game and not for money, so while the business of football can be crazy, he "keeps his eye on the ball" and doesn't worry about it.
  • He mentions again (like he did in his intro interviews) that he's not the sort to go out and party. The interviewer brings up the British tabloid press and their reputation, and Tielemans cracked a laugh, saying they're not going to find anything worth writing about with him.
  • Also, he mentioned how nice the people are in Leicester, and remarked that people still stop him on the street to welcome him to Leicester even though he's been there for six weeks.
  • The biggest adjustment in life in England for him seems to be driving, which he's still getting used to.

Aside from the Leicester/England questions, Tielemans spoke national set up (he is immensely proud of wearing the Belgium shirt, says Dendoncker is his best friend, says the winning mentality that the players have from their big clubs translates into a great team mindset and culture, and says you could see on their faces just how much losing to France hurt them. He also says winning the Euros is their goal.). He's also asked about Thierry Henry and Anderlecht.

Cheers for taking the time to that buddy very enlightening.

• Like 2

There are not many players who have made such an instant impact, and no reason to suppose it won't continue. I think it very likely the move will become permanent in the summer, whether or not Silva moves the other way.( His performances will have raised his value compared to start of loan at Monaco.) Tielemans is happy at City and even if we paid 'over the odds' it'slikely to be worthwhile given his ability and the way he has fitted into the team. 

He's been a breath of fresh air but I would be wary of getting attached to him. The more he impresses for us will also bring him to attention from other clubs.

If we don't sign him at least he has given us an idea of what we have badly missed.  Since the 2016 summer debacle slowly but surely we have started to spot gems once again in the transfer market.

N'Didi, Maguire, Maddison, Ricardo, Evans, Tielemans on loan and Benkovic looking the part in Scotland. All it needs now is to unearth a decent attacker and we could be in a very good place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

The original article/interview in French is here: https://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/etranger/angleterre/detail_tielemans-a-leicester-on-joue-aux-flechettes-avant-les-matches?id=10166186

Other notes, if my French is still useful:

• Rodgers uses a lot of tactical flexibility and interchanging of players, and in his short time, he's already been employed in three different roles "number 6," "number 8," and "number 10."
  • They talk about how English fans love screamers from distance, as that's something Tielemans has in his bag of tricks. He said he'd like to show off a few more tricks, though--half-jokingly saying he might want to give the Zidane "roulette" a try in England.
  • He also says he leaves any discussion about money and transfers to his agent. He says he plays football for the love of the game and not for money, so while the business of football can be crazy, he "keeps his eye on the ball" and doesn't worry about it.
  • He mentions again (like he did in his intro interviews) that he's not the sort to go out and party. The interviewer brings up the British tabloid press and their reputation, and Tielemans cracked a laugh, saying they're not going to find anything worth writing about with him.
  • Also, he mentioned how nice the people are in Leicester, and remarked that people still stop him on the street to welcome him to Leicester even though he's been there for six weeks.
  • The biggest adjustment in life in England for him seems to be driving, which he's still getting used to.

Aside from the Leicester/England questions, Tielemans spoke national set up (he is immensely proud of wearing the Belgium shirt, says Dendoncker is his best friend, says the winning mentality that the players have from their big clubs translates into a great team mindset and culture, and says you could see on their faces just how much losing to France hurt them. He also says winning the Euros is their goal.). He's also asked about Thierry Henry and Anderlecht.

Thank you for this, great job!

Out of interest did he say anything about Puel? You might think that changing the manager would make him think differently about the club, given that the same thing happened at Monaco. Though at the same time the change in mood among both the team and fans is there for all to see, and it was brilliant to see both Youri and Vardy so happy when he scored at the weekend. It made me think already that he is "one of us" at least for one full season next year :)

4 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

This is all shaping up very nicely, even Silva is doing his bit... surely it can't last. :thumbup:

Silva is not a bad player my friend, not by a long shot just playing in a league and for a manager that didn't suit his natural strengths.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Silva is not a bad player my friend, not by a long shot just playing in a league and for a manager that didn't suit his natural strengths.

I agree that Silva is a good player who deserved better at LCFC (especially over the transfer), and credit to him for getting switched on at Monaco, in such a short space of time.

It's quite unusual to have this kind of swap where both players are immediately great, and I'm delighted for all concerned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I'm unsure if we have the financial muscle to buy him for 40 million and another striker to replace Vardy. It's not like King Power is rolling in money at the moment.

Very likely it'll be no more than £20m and Silva. It's easily do-able and I think Rodgers will look to cash in on either Maguire or Chilwell to fund all the changes he may want to make to bring this squad up to standard for his style of football.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I'm unsure if we have the financial muscle to buy him for 40 million and another striker to replace Vardy. It's not like King Power is rolling in money at the moment.

Agreed we do need to bring in a replacement for Vardy... but we shouldn’t pass up the chance to sign Tielemans. The high press is already bringing the best out of Vardy and we can wait another season to replace him if needs be. 

14 minutes ago, weller54 said:

2nd best for me, behind Matt Mills. 

Hahahaa it's past experiences like that that make me always uneasy when we are linked with what appears to be a huge coup on paper for the club. It's also why I had nagging doubts that Rodgers won't do well here because everything points to them being a success here but it seldom works out like that for us, we are a strange club.