Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

NYT's British-Irish Dialect Quiz

Also came out as spot on for me. Much more interesting than the anoydyne "what do you call a bread roll?" Facebook memes you see all the time. Hopefully this will be of some use to dialectologists, although I suspect it won't come out completely accurate as people might take more notice of comparing how the words on the screen look to them rather than what they actually sound like when they speak naturally.

I did it earlier and got Nottingham and the West Midlands slightly. Did it again just now, I chose fewer of the multiple choice options this time and almost all of the East Midlands was dark red but it centred upon Lincoln. I’ve got no idea what the Lincoln accent is like tbh, would imagine it’s (obviously) somewhat similar.

Pretty much all of the midlands is red and the rest not highlighted, with the red circle on Lincoln (and Nottingham & Wolverhampton listed on the map) - and I'm pretty sure that's just the cob question - it's the only one that also shows that narrow.

Edited by The Doctor