Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

He’d have the man management skills to handle the experienced lot thats for sure but the football will be dire.

I think he’d be a pragmatic manager who would work with what he has to get the best out of our young team. Perhaps instil some confidence and achieve a decent league position. That would give time to look for a more permanent solution.

He seems to prefer short stints these days anyway.

15 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Someone under the radar but proven.

eg, Hasse..... the Austrian at Southampton

eg Bielsa ffs. 

What were these pricks doing at LCFC giving it to Puel last time? 

For info, Southampton are currently at the same point as when Hughes left. Basically no improvement. 

If we go leftfield, Marco Rose at Salzburg won the Youth CL with their kids, then managed to get them to the semi finals of Europa last season and then managed a 100% record in the group stages of that competition again this season 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am so pleased puel has gone... but after the celebrations of yesterday i now realise that we have to learn from this.... the next decision is the big one.

We have to have a charismatic manager who will inspire fans and players ... no more poor interpersonal skills or lack of gravitas.  We have to have someone who can boss the players.

If necessary i would find a temp manager till june... appleton... or may be big sam...  sam might sort the defensive errors but wouldnt move us forward to the free flowing  high work rate ..bodies in the oposition box... that i want. 

So..

I would take david wagner now... he did a lot with a little at huddersfield. ... he could give us 10 years...

Edited by foxinsocks

One name that's normally linked to a premier league job but hasn't is Michael O'Neill.... could he be that shock name we get surprised by? 

Did a fantastic job with Northern Ireland with the players they've got but I fear personally he would be out of depth in the premier league. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

One name that's normally linked to a premier league job but hasn't is Michael O'Neill.... could he be that shock name we get surprised by? 

Did a fantastic job with Northern Ireland with the players they've got but I fear personally he would be out of depth in the premier league. 

He had his 5 mins of fame after Euro 2016, but the novelty wore off before any domestic club went for him. Just like Chris Coleman, their reputation is very precarious.

4 hours ago, Walkers said:

Appleton has achieved next to nothing over some managers linked short or long term yet people want him just because he knows the players? lol

He has a 100% record managing us! Knowing the club, staff and players very well is a big plus when coming in for a short term stint. Gives the best possibility of a quick start (no settling-in period).

We don't need a super-star manager for a short-term appointment, just someone who can keep things ticking over fairly seamlessly. Appleton seems ideal in that respect, is available, and could be easily tempted as it would put him in the shop window.

Skybet have Rodgers at 1/6. 

Either someone knows something or theres been a lot of money lumped on him throughout the day. Was 10/11 earlier. 

Nearest then is Wagner. 

If you're a betting person and you think otherwise, now might be your time to strike if you fancy a punt against Rodgers. 

Edited by Mee-9

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

Brendan Rodger's is now at 1/3. 

That's coz you lot keep putting money on him - just stop it.  The odds just reflect money from punters who know as much as we all do.  

PS: hope it is not going to be rogers - if we have learn anything form our time with claud it should be the value of an inspiring manager - and it aint breden

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Skybet have Rodgers at 1/6. 

Either someone knows something or theres been a lot of money lumped on him throughout the day. Was 10/11 earlier. 

Nearest then is Wagner. 

If you're a betting person and you think otherwise, now might be your time to strike if you fancy a punt against Rodgers. 

where can I bet aginst him?

Crazy that people are betting on Rodgers! There’s 11 games left. I’d imagine we will have an interim in place for the weekend which would mean ten games which makes them permenant.....

Cannot see Brendan walking out on Celtic without the sort of send off he’ll wank himself into a coma over for years to come lol