Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Is there any articles or videos looking at his tactics? apologies if they have been posted already. A lot going on here in the last 48 hours lol

I did a bit of quick research last night. looked a good fit and Puel upgrade to be honest. favourite formation apparently is 4231. Also plays 433 and at Liverpool played the diamond quite regularly. Looking at his buying record that looks pretty decent. He looks to have a good record of buying young talented players, Firmino was 20 or something when he got him and he bought Gomez at Liverpool are a couple I remember.

• Thanks 2

"Brendan Rodgers will be named the new Leicester City manager. The 46-year-old is expected to be appointed within the next 24 hours after Celtic reluctantly gave him permission to talk to Leicester. It is understood that talks are at an advanced stage and that a deal in principle has been agreed between all parties, paving the way for Rodgers to take charge of his first game as Leicester manager at Watford on Sunday."

Wow.

3 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

I did a bit of quick research last night. looked a good fit and Puel upgrade to be honest. favourite formation apparently is 4231. Also plays 433 and at Liverpool played the diamond quite regularly. Looking at his buying record that looks pretty decent. He looks to have a good record of buying young talented players, Firmino was 20 or something when he got him and he bought Gomez at Liverpool are a couple I remember.

Based on paper it is exactly what Puel favours and he also has the same ideas about possession and "sideways" passing.

Very interested to see how he will set the team up.

Edited by That_Dude

21 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Well Celtic seem happy to let him go, probably their failures in Europe would be the reason.

The Celtic fans I've seen are deeply disappointed and have low expectations of their European prospects anyway, usually citing the fact that they have a third of our TV money and therefore a smaller budget. 

Just now, That_Dude said:

Based on paper it is exactly what Puel favours and he also has the same ideas about possession and "sideway" passing.

Very interested to see how he will set the team up.

I don't see the football per se as the issue, just the toxic atmosphere that was clearly evident and his lack of command. 

• Like 1

Really excited about this. At least if we are mid table and still losing matches regularly then we will do it in style. Liverpool were amazing to watch when he was their manager and he's good at getting the best out of players especially younger one's. I'm not expecting a tilt towards the top 6 again if he does come but I do expect the football to be good even if results are mixed. 

Wonder why Celtic had granted Rodgers permission to leave. Can see Lennon going back there imo.

Doubt it's to do with the amount of compensation going their way to get his services.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder why Celtic had granted Rodgers permission to leave. Can see Lennon going back there imo.

Doubt it's to do the amount of compensation going their way to get his services.

Probably because we have intimated to Rodgers its either now or you won't get a chance in the summer.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

I don't see the football per se as the issue, just the toxic atmosphere that was clearly evident and his lack of command. 

If you mean the toxic atmosphere in the dressing room, I don't know much about it. If you mean the one in the stands, it might also have something to do with the fans because the team played for him until the last minute. 

Anyway this is a Rodgers thread and I don't want to derail it any further.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Doubt it's to do with the amount of compensation going their way to get his services.

Rodgers fell out with the board, who didn't give him any money to improve the team. They dominate domestically but don't have the resources to compete abroad. Look at how they sold their promising striker Dembele as an example. There is no love lost there that's for sure. Their owner will probably love the 6M compensation we will pay too which will definitely soften the blow for them.

I don't have any doubt that if Rodgers did do well for us he would scarper at the first opportunity to a Chelsea or Arsenal but to be honest most managers would. 

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Probably because we have intimated to Rodgers its either now or you won't get a chance in the summer.

I think that may be the story being touted about but I think this was pre-arranged tbh. It's all fell into place pretty quickly anyway. At least we prepared in advance if this is the case lol.

3 minutes ago, Foxhead said:

I think that may be the story being touted about but I think this was pre-arranged tbh. It's all fell into place pretty quickly anyway. At least we prepared in advance if this is the case lol.

That's my (obvious) guess too. Former manager sacked yesterday and Rodgers is already in talk with LCFC. You coudn't make it up.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Foxhead said:

True, this was probably on the cards, but with Puel's departure it accelerated his coming.

Not buying he'd have stayed to complete the Treble - Treble, where does that sort of thing end.. year on year it would be "he's got to stay for the Quadruple - Treble". Under safe hands they'll see the season out no problem, Leicester presents a fantastic opportunity for Rodgers and likewise I'm very excited he is coming here.