Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It feels weird sacking someone and having a replacement lined up

Doubly weird that most are pleased with it

This is going to be a disaster isnt it? lol 

I can now reveal I did see Brendan and Top last Friday in Bruciani's sharing an Ice Cream Soda, looks like we've adopted the Chelsea strategy of illegal approaches. 

4 hours ago, inckley fox said:

If the board encourage players to have a voice, they'll have a voice. We've not seen those players let the side down in terms of work rate, and they haven't been among the worst performers of Puel's reign. Neither has there been any breathtaking show of insubordination, only a few grumbles and a bit of media gossip.  There was no problem with the previous boss, and only a bunch of discredited gossip regarding the one before him, who appeared to have lost the plot anyway.

Bearing in mind Puel made enough odd decisions to undermine his own stewardship, and that you'd expect the professionals who worked with him to raise an eyebrow here and there, I'd say there's not enough to go on for us to call for star players to be ditched. And I suspect there's not enough to put off big name candidates for the job, including (perhaps) Rodgers and Benitez.

If Puel was let down, I'd look at the players who've emerged post-Pearson rather than the 'Old Guard' - Mendy and Maddison being in such dreadful form in our recent poor run, Iheanacho, Ghezzal, Maguire, Gray. The 'Old Guard' may have got a bit old, but their effort levels have remained admirable enough, Vardy included. No, he's not in top form, but he's not the first striker to suffer under Puel, and if he's been poor in the second half of Puel's reign, he was the stand-out star of the first.

Above all, though, it's just a case of a manager trying to implement a style which has had questionable success in the EPL in recent times, not having the players to implement that style and, at two different clubs, getting fired as a result. In our case you can throw a few weakened team selections for cup games into the equation, and a miserable post-Wycombe-esque collapse in form in the aftermath. I don't think we need to go searching, dagger in hand, for any serpents' heads. And I think potential new managers will see that too.

I have run out of thumbs up emojis so instead you have this.

Good post.

8 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

So nickname.....the older generation of fans will call him "Ginger", sci-fi geeks will call him "Buck" and the rest of us will take amusement from the fact that Rodgers is another phrase for "makes love to". First run of bad results and the "R" will no doubt become a "T". Welcome to Foxes Talk Brendan, and you thought the Scots were a potty bunch!

Welcome Brendan:

321_ted_dusty.jpg

If this is confirmed, I think he comes in at a good time. A chance to see the team in some competitive fixtures when players are giving their all for the new manager. Fans will give him leeway (more or less) with results until the end of the season so he can find what works with our current squad, assess what he wants to change and do so in the summer.

Whilst I'm not convinced we had him lined up before sacking Puel, I do believe he has been made aware of our interest for some time which is what we should have been doing for years. Positive steps by the club.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Martin O'Neill did much much more than Rodgers. MON even took Celtic to a UEFA cup final.

Yes of course, his record at Celtic was phenomenal but so is Rodgers. I feel Rodgers can have a similar impact like MON did for us.

Jonathan Northcroft Retweeted HeraldScotland

A very good match. A lot of Leicester supporting friends loved Ranieri but their favourite ever manager was Martin O'Neill. Brendan fuses the development/playing elements are LCFC looking for with a bit of the O'Neill, self-styled, 'underdog messiah' stuff. He'll go down well.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Martin O'Neill did much much more than Rodgers. MON even took Celtic to a UEFA cup final.

Having Henrik Larsson sure helps with that!

Larsson was one of the best strikers in European football at the time. Proved it for Barcelona and even looked good despite being old when playing for Manchester United. He was Shearer level goal scoring threat.