Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

So in 24 hours we’ve gone from Lennon being our interim until the summer to us going in hard for Rodgers and Lennon probably being Celtic interim instead:frantics:  potentially a great appointment. Let’s just get behind the guy and see what he can do. He clearly sees the potential of the squad if he’s prepared to walk away from a treble treble 

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

MON did have better players. Celtic’s finances have regressed 

I'm also taking into consideration his previous jobs, especially here, and Villa.

I'm not saying Rodgers is a bad manager but it's far too early in his career to compare him to MON who has achieved wherever he's been.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The strong dressing room is a product of Pearson’s management style - he encouraged it and I woud argue it was a crucial tool in the players coping with the pressures of winning the PL

it should be used by the manager to his advantage but for that to work he has to carry them with him ........ shakey was not thrown under the bus by the players - he simply wasn’t up to it 

a well rounded manager will do very well here ..... the experienced pros generally have the good of the club at heart ...... they could have left for more money elsewhere if they only cared about themselves ..... a few will depart in June anyway as they won’t be kept on. 

This.

Just now, leicesterlad1989 said:

Surely I'm not the only one who is excited for the impending meltdown of Celtic fans on social media?

They shouldn't be; they need a decent boss to compete in their league. A top tier is needed to challenge Europe on the funds they have 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

No top six club is employing him, he can dream all he wants.

I think this is the point. No top 6 club will employ him without proving himself again in the Premier League, so he takes a job at a club outside top 6. We are a stepping stone, which is fine because he will only progress if he does well with us.

• Like 2

I have doubts about his personality, from a fly-on-the-wall documentary when he was at Liverpool, but otherwise his record is pretty good. He will be well motivated to move us up into contention for Europe (though unrealistic this season) as that is what he's had to forfeit, so hopefully he sees us as having good potential for making that step up.

What gets me excited is the sheer speed and decisiveness of the move, surprising when we've been in a torpor of late, and the fact that he's bringing his whole management team - we'3rd not doing things by halves.

6 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

From Rodgers point of view what does he really want? An easy life in non-descipt 2-horse race football or a real challenge to demonstrate his skills as a manager in the best league in the world?

This is why it's getting a lot of people excited. Rodgers has an easy job up there with no real pressure on him. The fact that he wants to prove he can mix it with the big boys again is great for our ambitions. He no doubt feels hard done by after what happened to him at Liverpool. The opportunity at Leicester is that you can create something brand new and special... everything is in place for it to happen.

What happens with him in charge is up in the air as it really could go either way. But I think he's worth a shot for sure.

Edited by StriderHiryu

12 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Celtic fans raging on here.... 

http://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/brendan-rodgers.140439/page-870

Revenge for MON leaving

I lived in the East Midlands for years and you need to see this set up to believe it. Subutteo stadium, turnips for fans and only EPL money holding it together.

Loooooool

We won a non-tinpot league and did better than Celtic have in Europe for decades just a few years ago lollol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I lived in the East Midlands for years and you need to see this set up to believe it. Subutteo stadium, turnips for fans and only EPL money holding it together.

Loooooool

We won a non-tinpot league and did better than Celtic have in Europe for decades just a few years ago lollol

That's absolutely buried me, superb.