Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, Celtic_daft1888 said:

Joking aside, he’s fluent in Spanish and French  

That could be a big plus for us if so.

Puel was by no means incoherent, but the majority of our squad* are fluent in English and there was certainly some difficulty in communication. Obviously Rodgers can speak English, but being able to converse in multiple languages will help any new/existing players who aren't quite as confident in the language to settle in .

*I can only think of Soyuncu, Mendy and Ghezzal from the first team/subs who don't speak English fluently. Anyone else?

31 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I wonder if Slim and Silva May get another opportunity next season 

I think the ship's sailed on Silva. Tielemans seems like more what we need as a club and fits in more with the youth-orientated vision the board obviously have. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have a feeling Vardy will absolutely love him.

This is probably going to be the make or break thing for Rodgers even very early on. Rodgers dealt with Gerrard very well, recognising that his physicality was going, but reinventing him at the base of their midfield with Henderson and Coutinho in front of him. He might have had an off season by his standards, but Vardy's movement and football intelligence is right up there, and of course he can finish.

On the one hand it would be easy to fall out with our older players, but on the other a good manager might get them up for a final hurrah.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm sure as Rodgers' cousin, Nigel Worthington will have put in a good word or two. :cool:

And MON as well, 

O'Neill has told the Glasgow Evening Times that he has really enjoyed seeing the urgency and energy to Celtic, suggesting that he has given the entire club a lift since his arrival almost two years ago.

“What I have enjoyed seeing lately is the way that Brendan has brought a real sense of urgency and energy to the club,” said O'Neill. “You can tell the lift the place got just with him coming in and he has done tremendously well,” he added.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I know your post is two hours old which can be out of date really quickly on these things but he's currently trading at 1.1 on Betfair. 

This is not the same as a bookie offering 1/10, he would not be priced at 1.1 if this wasn't in the latter stages of happening. It's obvious he's in talks and the consensus is Leicester and Rodgers will agree terms. 

The relevant part of my post was that if it was all done and dusted then that’s another reason why it’s leaked 

clearly it was all done and dusted ......

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

Stringer said he was linked with the job before Pearson got it in 2008. I remember his name being mentioned in the papers but no-one knew who he was.

Was watching a sky programme on his time at Liverpool and he said he was set to become our manager but we went for Gary Megson. 

Nice one Milan