Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I am sure we have approached Celtic/rodgers with a view to him making a decision now 

however, it’s not our style to leak stuff like this  so it must have been leaked from their end. it’s not in Rodgers interest to leak it unless he intends to knock us back and make the most of the opportunity to ingratiate himself further with this fanbase. 

Similarly, if clectic leak it and then find a way of keeping him there then they can also manipulate the situation to their advantage 

imo, (and I am wrong plenty of times ), the fact that this has leaked means he is less likely to take the job now (unless everything has been done and dusted and the leaks are because it’s all agreed - in that case Claude was already a goner irrespective of the weekend horror show) 

on balance, I believe this isn’t happening 

I know your post is two hours old which can be out of date really quickly on these things but he's currently trading at 1.1 on Betfair. 

This is not the same as a bookie offering 1/10, he would not be priced at 1.1 if this wasn't in the latter stages of happening. It's obvious he's in talks and the consensus is Leicester and Rodgers will agree terms. 

9 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Hahahaha. They are proper pissed

Let's be honest, we would be too. A successful manager leaving a team on for three trophies to go to a mid-table side elsewhere with potential but risks as well.

I mean, Mark McGhee went well down the table to join another team and our fans couldn't understand it.

This will keep Jim White quiet on Talksport. He said we're not a big club and we therefore wouldn't interest the likes of Rodgers, Benitez etc.

What has surprised me is the immediacy of the move as Rodgers will not see out the season and is likely to be in the dugout for the Watford game, ironically his old club :-) . I guess the Foxes hierarchy said it has to be now to secure our Premiership position and status in readiness for Rodgers' transfer window bounty and next season. 

So out if 10 what would we give brendan?

Inspirational leadership. .. 6

Commitment to Free flowing football 5

Tactical accumen 7

Ability to build strong team spirit 7

Fan engagement 5

Confidence to be honest with the media 5

Developement of individual players  7

I am expecting him to be better than puel... but is hw giid enough?

An obvious step up from Puel if he can attract a 20 goal a year plus striker to the team. That is the only way to compete in the league, anything less will be trying to be the best of the trailing, usually by 25 points, pack and that's always going to end up in a lot of mediocre signings delivering a lot of mediocre football entertainment. So the owners need to spend big or bring expectations and player wages back into line with anything higher than 17th is just great. 

Tbf Rodgers might have had some misses in the transfer market but he wasn't given anywhere near the money at Liverpool that Klopp has had. That's partly because Liverpool sold Coutinho for like 140m.

.... After Rodgers bought him for 8m.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Tactical accumen 7

Fan engagement 5

Go read the Celtic forums, they are apoplectic over Rodgers deserting them.

Edited by Bazly
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Tactical accumen 7

Fan engagement 5

Look at the names in the betting odds 

He is the best of what was linked 

be happy it’s not Fat Sam

Lennon 

Moyes

Pardew 

bilic 

or someother shitehouse

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

The bloke is a living embodiment of David Brent and I can't bloody wait 

Viva la Rodgers 

Brilliant! this man won't take any sh*t from players. Just what this club has needed since we won the Prem.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Can't believe how many people are exited by this tbh. 

Average manager at best. 

Who do you want?

Knows the league and plenty of experience. He's still only 46 yo but has over 20 years in coaching and young enough to be highly ambitious. I think this is an excellent appointment, it could go wrong but you can say that with anyone who ends up here. 

I also think Leicester is a fantastic job and he knows that. He'll be licking his lips knowing Maguire and Evans and he's seen Benkovic close up. Two young attacking really highly rated full backs and one of the best GK's at the World Cup so there's the GK and DF sorted.

Ndidi, Maddison and Barnes could be anything and he might get a tune out of Gray who hasn't kicked on here but I believe he has the tools to be a top player if it clicks with him. Vardy is one of the best strikers in the league. There is not a lot wrong here and a good manager should be getting a lot more out of this squad. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I wonder if Slim and Silva May get another opportunity next season 

No chance for Slim, doesn’t get on with the squad if I recall correctly. Silva might have an opportunity.. However I have a feeling his lack of appearances is also to do with us owing money to Sporting? Still can’t see us wanting to do that.

Also Rodgers can’t assess him on a day to day basis now, so I think the Silva situation will be out of his hands. 

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 1