Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

Just now, Harry the Cat said:

Chilwell was like a headless chicken today. For all his energy he cannot cross. He either hits the first man, it goes too high or goes out!

There was one first time cross in the first half that Barnes fluffed (probably surprised Chilwell actually found him), but crossing remains a huge weakness in his game.

• Like 1

Well I was surprised he changed the system so much given we only had two days to work on it but I suppose the games this season are now a learning exercise.  First 20 mins we were all over the place defensively and the players seemed to struggle with the system. Giving away silly early goals makes it so difficult especially against a side like Watford. The draw would have been the right result but Kasper saw to that. He’s spent all season kicking for touch as well. 

I must say I thought Watford were pretty decent without being excellent. Going forward they weren’t any better than us. Very well drilled side where everybody knows their role, press high, physical in midfield and tough to break down. We’d do well to follow that example to an extent.

It’s clear the two things Brendan must work on - playing it quicker and movement. Maddison is horribly guilty of taking too many touches and taking too long to make a play but all of them do this. Then when we do make a play, we just stand still. It’s so easy to play against because there’s no dynamism, no option for the man on the ball, and we just get pushed back. We don’t move their players around enough, it really is poor. Pass and move, makes football so much simpler. By playing it quick in the first place you create the room to move into.

There were times today where Puel’s safety first mantra was plain to see. Ricardo too often looked back to Evans rather than pushing forward with the ball. Rodgers spoke to him towards the end and seemed to indicate he should get on the half turn and take their player on more.

But I think overall, tough opponent to play today and to change our system against. Should have got the draw and that would have been decent. A lot to take from the game though. 

Finally, no idea why half our fans go to the football. They make it seem as if they’ve been dragged there against their own will. Not a decibel of support but plenty of whinging and blatant non-understanding of football.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

There was one first time cross in the first half that Barnes fluffed (probably surprised Chilwell actually found him), but crossing remains a huge weakness in his game.

Thought in the second half he put another two really good crosses in - probably the best he's been recently on that front.

He definitely has at least one other weakness - he's really, really keen to avoid shooting. Noticed this early on in his career, but thought that if he become a regular it would give him the confidence to have a batter regularly.

• Like 3

Have  not been so disgusted by leicester for a while and given recent form that says something.

I at least expected a few new ideas but it was same old.

3 at the back restricted us more especially as maguire had a stinker.

We should have came away with a shithouse point but we even screwed that up. 

Just now, kingfox said:

I actually felt sorry for him today, same goes for Ricardo.

Those two found the ball so many times but nobody was moving in front of them, they were doubled up on and had to try and take on two players.

Ricardo was more successful at that than Chilwell but we know Chilwell's end product is his weakness.

I don't know - towards the end where he was whipping them in low on the floor, I thought were excellent crosses, as well as his free kick.

I utterly detest his floated crosses though.

to all Kasper Schmeichel critics - without Kasper we would get 1 to 2 more goals in every game. Today, after two minutes, he held an incredible ball.

The second goal was certainly his mistake, but it was his only and first mistake in this match. How many mistakes do Maguire, Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo and Co make? You can't even count because there are so many faults. Most players are just not capable for Premier League.

Not without reason we are in the table of the second half of the season on place 18, thus on a relegation place, only Huddersfield and Fulham are even worse and Kasper is certainly not to blame for this....

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'd drop Kasper and give Ward a chance. His shot stopping has always been excellent, but his distribution and commandment of the area is pretty poor.

It'll take a while for the team to adjust to Rodgers and his tactics, and lets not forget Watford are a good team.

We should have got a point ultimately, which is a shame.

Delbert? 

5 minutes ago, bfox said:

Cant still be having Wes as captain too. Need someone new to rally the troops and manage the game from the pitch. 

Put the guy in charge who was captain against Palace. Oh.

Who is captain isn't the issue.

1 minute ago, mucfox said:

to all Kasper Schmeichel critics - without Kasper we would get 1 to 2 more goals in every game. Today, after two minutes, he held an incredible ball.

The second goal was certainly his mistake, but it was his only and first mistake in this match. How many mistakes do Maguire, Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo and Co make? You can't even count because there are so many faults. Most players are just not capable for Premier League.

Not without reason we are in the table of the second half of the season on place 18, thus on a relegation place, only Huddersfield and Fulham are even worse and Kasper is certainly not to blame for this....

Other than jumping out the way of the first header of course.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

This is particularly funny because when Puel said something similar after a performance that wasnt as bad as today he got absolutely panned for it

We were terrible today. There was no positive show in our play. We looked worse than under Puel

But what and how we fans see it,after months of mash, isn't how BR will see and take it...His tenure started today,or first training session a few days

ago...No matter what coaching staff say!!!

Some slight positives,we committed more front players in and around the box..problem all near each other or taking the same line!!

we were far off being tidy today,Watford were ,and were all on the same wave-length. After our goal...we had them for awhile,but they kept their shape..

Maddison ,Nacho had 2 great breaks,twice they couldn't control the ball,nor their space...

2nd goal...poor midfield,but we got the match drawing foul!!! Evans played back instead of forward...Then whole defence out of sync,even when they

called Evans to play back...

Schmeichels clearance was the last nail in the coffin...!!..Angry because like many fans posted it was stupid from all B.line players

Rodgers and fans were robbed by their own players..up to then we had played well at the back!!

But..Rodgers would see no reason why not to play same system,but has he mentioned quicker ball,and more committment and pressure,when moving the ball.!

• Like 1

We are the most ****ing sideways and backwards team I've ever seen. Its times like these that you realise just how good Mahrez was.

As for Kasper, he needs to give his head a wobble. His distribution has gone from some of the best to probably one of the worst.

We are desperate for a new striker, that much is clear.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Put the guy in charge who was captain against Palace. Oh.

Who is captain isn't the issue.

Didnt say it was the issue. But strolling back in to the starting 11 with captain band after seemingly been phased out itsnt what i want to see. Need to move on from the Captain Morgan era asap