Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

I will be seriously concerned if Rodgers gives the green light to extend Morgan's contract.

Surprised he was included today and it didn't go well. Hoping Rodgers immediately rectifies his first mistake made and we don't see him start again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mucfox said:

I'm sorry, did you ever play football? It was Wes' mistake not disturbing Deeney, but not Kaspers fault

If he stands still he saves it, he dropped down under it. What happened before doesn't change that.

• Sad 1

Just now, TonyN11 said:

would have been a 1-1 draw

No chance. 

We got today exactly what Puel has been serving up for us for months.

Blunt in attack and weak at the back. Slow start and always a brain fart away from conceding late.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

We are the most ****ing sideways and backwards team I've ever seen. Its times like these that you realise just how good Mahrez was.

As for Kasper, he needs to give his head a wobble. His distribution has gone from some of the best to probably one of the worst.

We are desperate for a new striker, that much is clear.

A new striker will still require a service of some sort, so not really sure what a new striker is going to achieve tbh.

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But what and how we fans see it,after months of mash, isn't how BR will see and take it...His tenure started today,or first training session a few days

ago...No matter what coaching staff say!!!

Some slight positives,we committed more front players in and around the box..problem all near each other or taking the same line!!

we were far off being tidy today,Watford were ,and were all on the same wave-length. After our goal...we had them for awhile,but they kept their shape..

Maddison ,Nacho had 2 great breaks,twice they couldn't control the ball,nor their space...

2nd goal...poor midfield,but we got the match drawing foul!!! Evans played back instead of forward...Then whole defence out of sync,even when they

called Evans to play back...

Schmeichels clearance was the last nail in the coffin...!!..Angry because like many fans posted it was stupid from all B.line players

Rodgers and fans were robbed by their own players..up to then we had played well at the back!!

But..Rodgers would see no reason why not to play same system,but has he mentioned quicker ball,and more committment and pressure,when moving the ball.!

You're right, its a fresh start and we need to look at things from Rodgers' perspective now. Im fully prepared to expect and hope for him to improve us and today doesnt mean much in the long term view

However, under Puel we were creating a good amount of chances, we havent done that the last 2 games and I hope this doesnt continue for the rest of the season.

I feel like our system wasnt far off from clicking before, but now its back to the drawing board sadly

Im not sure such a big formatio  change was a good idea today. It was drastic and it didnt need to be

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I will be seriously concerned if Rodgers gives the green light to extend Morgan's contract.

Surprised he was included today and it didn't go well. Hoping Rodgers immediately rectifies his first mistake made and we don't see him start again. 

Thought he was better than Maguire today though

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

I think we must have some of the thickest players I've ever seen on a field together.

What the fook was Kasper doing? 

Giving the new manager ammunition for replacing him? BR has not come here to steady the ship and just coach these players, he is here to move us onwards and he needs to see what players can continue with us and those we need to part company with.

Some players are just too comfortable and come the summer are in for a rude awakening or maybe even before then.

That would be my guess:)

Only caught the second half so can't judge. Nothing to play for this season now so i'm just gonna get behind the team and enjoy myself. As long as the performances are there i'm not fussed about the result. No point in judging the new manager when he's come in with 10 games to go. 

Up the foxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lots of negatives from today but what/how can Rodgers start changing it?

I am an advocate of trying 3 at the back, due to how well I think it suits players such as Chilwell, Ricardo and Maguire, however I think it will take time and it was clearly not ready today. I think it should be something we look at over the summer and bring it in for next season, if at all. 

I would go straight back to a 4, drop Morgan obviously and then play pretty much the same team with Barnes back on the left, Maddison behind Vardy and Gray out on the right. That team pretty much picks itself for me and whilst it is far from perfect, I think the more game time we can give to players like Barnes, Gray and Maddison etc, will benefit them hugely for next season. I would also like to see Iheanacho given a decent amount of game time until the end of the season - Mostly so we can figure out if he actually has anything to offer for next season! 

Rodgers has to get us playing the ball forward more often and more quickly. Today was no different to what we have been watching all season and far too many passes went backwards or sideways. We also have to commit more in attack and get the numbers forward so that Vardy isn't so isolated. Not easy I know, but if we can't do this then Rodgers has to go with two strikers, as this isolation of Vardy is a huge issue for us. 

Hoping to see some changes made for the next game and a demonstration that Rodgers learned a lot from today and will not be stubborn like his predecessor was. I'm not expecting overnight miracles, but certainly an indication that Rodgers is now becoming aware of our issues and will get straight to work in trying to address them. 

• Like 2

I can’t quite work out how we don’t score more from Chilwell’s rampaging runs down the left? Is he too quick for the others to get into the box? Is his final ball so poor?

I don’t get it. He gets forward brilliantly but we spurn so many chances

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

No chance. 

We got today exactly what Puel has been serving up for us for months.

Blunt in attack and weak at the back. Slow start and always a brain fart away from conceding late.

Going to take a fair bit of time to rectify this malaise

• Like 1

Everyone blaming Kasper like it was obvious not to do what he did is being silly. That was a fluky, perfect goal. They hit that 1 time out of 50, each pass was ideally weighted, placement perfect, sometimes you just need to tip your cap.

Now, if you want to discuss the real problems, we have Kasper's generally suspect distribution, sure, but more than that, we have a reflexively negative approach to possession. Claude fought to break us of our instinctive pass sideways, pass backwards, "be safe" football, but couldn't do it. Now Rodgers needs to figure it out. We have to be more aggressive and attack going fwd. Better to lose possession in their box by attempting more dangerous passes. We only need a handful to get through. Give me 4-5 high quality chances per game FOR OUR GOALSCORERS, not 760987 nonsense chances by non-goalscorers, they have made us offensively impotent. We need to take more risk passing fwd, it is bloody obvious.

And when out non-goalscoring FBs have the ball deep in opposition territory, they do not look for their shot, they look to shepherd the ball fwd or inside and then pass, they need more Demari in them, Chilwell is afraid to shoot, Ricardo can be much more than he is, IDK why he goes so quiet now, Maddison is afraid to shoot now as well, Ndidi and Mendy  think first of maintaining possession, not scoring by attacking fwd, same w/our non-Mags CBs. We need to get EVERYONE looking forward, ready to look for the dangerous pass or goals instead of always looking to pass via cross, we just about NEVER manage to do that successfully. In all seriousness, our goals scored from crosses in the box must be one of the worst in the Prem. We need to ease back on the emphasis on possession and look to attack fwd -- even when under pressure -- rather than this play it safe BS. Yes, playing safe and going backwards cost us the game today in a sense, but it has cost us far more games thanks to our risk-averse approach. 

We also need to vary our tactics, we are obvious and predictable. When we have balls on the outside, we always look to cross near the goal, we NEVER seem to have a MF trailing late despite the fact that the teams we play leave space at the top of the box open pretty much always. We are hapless and predictable, totally lacking in ideas or variety.

And when the F are we going to get a legit corner taker? Maddison is woeful. We should be working hard on our set play scoring, we have the size inside, we waste so many corners, we need someone who can get us that wicked dipping action teams like Burnley make a living off of. Gylfi would've worked well, but we need a free kick master to come in the summer, we are missing a major avenue of attack. When we have to replace Tielemans, perhaps we spend big coin and get someone who is similar to him in attacking mindset but who can actually take quality corners, that would be terrific. 

FFS, this team is scoring 1.21 goals per game in the Prem. With the attacking talent we have, that is f'ing insane. Start attacking forward at the expense of possession, that means everyone. Get our FBs to figure out where they need the ball to score goals and work on getting them the ball in that area. Vary our tactics more, especially when our FBs have the ball outside. Reduce the crosses, they have been a real waste, better to attack directly and lose possession more frequently but then beat your man occasionally and attack from a dangerous area. Then this summer,  bring in someone who can take decent corners and free kicks. 

We have talent. We can do much better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I can’t quite work out how we don’t score more from Chilwell’s rampaging runs down the left? Is he too quick for the others to get into the box? Is his final ball so poor?

I dont think ive ever seen a more one footed played, which makes him a bit predictable. His final ball isnt exactly awful, but compare it to Trent's at Liverpool....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

We could really do with an on the pitch leader, someone like a Cambiasso who would tell it as it is and give rockets when we go into headless mode

Preferably someone not all pally with the opposition captain pre match. Rodgers needs the chance to name his own club captain, and if that’s a new recruit then all the better. Pearson only started to turn this club around when he got rid of Mills and made Morgan the new club captain, sadly his time is up and decisions have to be made.

Disappointing result, especially how we conceded late with that muppet of a goal. If it had ended 1-1, we'd all be saying it was a decent base to build from instead of 14 pages of total over reaction. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just wish we could finish this season now. Obviously we've had worse seasons but it just seems to be one disappointment and setback after another at the minute. 7th place has now gone for sure, thanks in no small measure to us gifting 2 of our closest rivals 3 points in injury time after giving both a head start as well. Feel so deflated. 

1 hour ago, Harry the Cat said:

Chilwell was like a headless chicken today. For all his energy he cannot cross. He either hits the first man, it goes too high or goes out!

It’s almost like he’s a young player with room to improve his technique...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

So will I, we have so many shite players taking up a massive part of our ffp wage bill, I hoping he will clear out rather than retain Morgan, Simpson, James, king, Okazaki, just them alone could free up about 300 grand a week for new talent 

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

His final ball is generally woeful. He even spurned a good shooting chance today.

I think it's fair to say if that happened under Puel he would have been slated for it.

That was a poor performance. We barely created anything until we scored and then could have won it. 

Brendan has to really get us going because we are going to need much better pressing and intensity if we are going to compete at the top end of the table.

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

I think it's fair to say if that happened under Puel he would have been slated for it.

That was a poor performance. We barely created anything until we scored and then could have won it. 

Brendan has to really get us going because we are going to need much better pressing and intensity if we are going to compete at the top end of the table.

There could be an argument that we payed pretty poorly first half and then tweaked a few things for the  second half which broadly put us in control of it. having moved them around for much of the half, we got stong and could have pinched it late on as they tired. 

Given that tne manager hasn’t had long to work with them, this approach could have been expected ??.