Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just like the supposed interest back in January, no other club are DESPERATE to get Tielemans. If Pogba goes they may want him but that won't be their only replacement and he will still be competing at a club that is very chaotic, but no doubt the sheer history and prestige of joining Utd will be a pull for him. 

We need to make Monaco an offer they can't refuse and call out Utd's bluff, needs sorting one way or another quickly. It feels like other areas are being left until we sort this out but it could drag on. 

£45m and Silva for Tielemans and see if Utd flinch.

My guess is we’ve already agreed a deal with Monaco so throwing more money at them doesn’t solve anything.

The hold up will be Tielemans stalling.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

My guess is we’ve already agreed a deal with Monaco so throwing more money at them doesn’t solve anything.

The hold up will be Tielemans stalling.

Or he could just be on holiday and does not wish to occupy his mind with this nonsense...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What's holding him back to sign?

Am guessing it's possibly his agent trying to get 'better' offers for himself and Tielemans.

I expect while a deal in principle with Monaco might be agreed they'd be dragging their feet hoping for more interest and a bidding war. His agent would like that too as he can demand higher wages etc.

However while we're (supposedly) the only interested party to have made a concrete offer we're unlikely to offer more, and longer this goes on like this more power we have as Monaco will be forced to accept our bid or be stuck with a player they want off their books.

Tielemans himself suggested things might move forward in a couple of weeks time, and now he's on holiday so I doubt anything will be sorted until he gets back.

Okay I've not said anything new there but thought it was my turn to put this back at the top of the transfer thread and get everyone to click on it hoping progress has been made. I know I keep doing that.

1 hour ago, mannyzlcfc said:

Could there only be Man U's interest in Tielemans to try to force us to drop Maguires price to them. 

They’re not going to buy a £40m+ midfielder in a bid to force us to sell Maguire. 

Not only that, our owner wouldn’t deal in such circumstance, he won’t be bullied by other clubs.

Also, them hiking the price up for Tielemans, in turn would make us demand more for Maguire. 

Finally, the longer they drag the Tielemans deal

out, the later Maguire would leave (if your theory was correct), leaving less time for us to get a potential replacement. Meaning we’d be less likely to sell, and rely on unproven CBs. We’ve been forced to buy late before and on numerous occasions it hasn’t worked (inflated fees, not getting the first choice, etc). 

Edited by Leeds Fox

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

They’re not going to buy a £40m+ midfielder in a bid to force us to sell Maguire. 

Not only that, our owner wouldn’t deal in such circumstance, he won’t be bullied by other clubs.

Also, them hiking the price up for Tielemans, in turn would make us demand more for Maguire. 

Finally, the longer they drag the Tielemans deal

out, the later Maguire would leave (if your theory was correct), leaving less time for us to get a potential replacement. Meaning we’d be less likely to sell, and rely on unproven CBs. We’ve been forced to buy late before and on numerous occasions it hasn’t worked (inflated fees, not getting the first choice, etc). 

I'm not saying theres a direct link or that they actually want Y T, just asking if Man U are showing an interest, then saying we will drop any interest in Y T if you drop the price in Maguire.... 

15 minutes ago, mannyzlcfc said:

I'm not saying theres a direct link or that they actually want Y T, just asking if Man U are showing an interest, then saying we will drop any interest in Y T if you drop the price in Maguire.... 

I think that if United were fool enough to say that to us, then we could demonstrate to Tielemans that their interest in him is only tenuous, straight from the horse's mouth.as it were.

• Thanks 1