Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

41 Points

I’ve been thinking about the points we’ve thrown away this year.

I know every club can point to games where they’ve slipped up, West Ham probably being the best example, but if we had cut out the self inflicted mistakes 7th would be wrapped up. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Still behind Fulham in the all-time Premier League table at 17th. Expect to move up to 15th early next season.

https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeLeagueTable?comp_code=EPL

Interesting is that, thanks for posting.

Strange to see that we're still behind the likes of Bolton & Fulham in terms of PL games played, and still way behind the likes of Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Blackburn.

We might think that we're now an established PL side with lofty ambitions but we've still got a way to go really...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Interesting is that, thanks for posting.

Strange to see that we're still behind the likes of Bolton & Fulham in terms of PL games played, and still way behind the likes of Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Blackburn.

We might think that we're now an established PL side with lofty ambitions but we've still got a way to go really...

Apparently we've scored exactly the same number of goals (612) as Sunderland in 117 fewer games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Still behind Fulham in the all-time Premier League table at 17th. Expect to move up to 15th early next season.

https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeLeagueTable?comp_code=EPL

Who exactly takes any notice of an "all-time" table? We won the bloody thing ffs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shailen said:

Don't want to curse it or anything but have we got to the stage where we are almost too big to go down. Obviously every team can, but the investment we are making in youth, our new training facility, the managers and players we are attracting- I think we are getting closer to that top 6 and hopefully there for years to come. 

The sad and exciting truth is that no one (in theory, not practice - still applicable to most) is too big to go down. Villa proved this.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

The sad and exciting truth is that no one (in theory, not practice - still applicable to most) is too big to go down. Villa proved this.

Completely agree. Barring the top 6, I can envisage anyone from the remaining 14 teams being relegated in the next 10 years under the right circumstances. In fact, I’d go as far as to argue that the day we as fans, and more importantly the owners and staff, believe we’re ‘too big to go down’ is the season we are likely to end up in serious trouble. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 1

All down to Pearson, who laid the important bottom foundations of the club initially to allow the managers after him to continue to build from it.. 

:whistle: :nigel:

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Agreed but the way the modern game is going - you have to invest massively to keep yourself in the league. We look like we are getting closer to Spurs, Arsenal...etc and are going further away from the Brightons (no offence) of the league.

Of course any club can get relegated - but the way our football club is run and the committment of our owners I cannot see us going down for a number of years.