Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, StevieB said:

This guy Jimmy hasn't got a thing wrong this window he started the Maguire talk of bid and talks days ago and he was right, he's been spot on about Tiellmans and JJ too. I hate fake itks but jimmy knows?

Screenshot_20190714-161614.jpg

Fair enough, I'm sure there are proper twitter ITKs out there, they're just normally diluted with all these kids wanting to boost their follower count which is why I normally just go meh whenever I see anything from twitter... do I sound old?

Guest ttfn
4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Love your posts Strider but I can't agree with this one I'm afraid.

Those saying we'd be ok with Benkovic and Soyuncu, where's the evidence? We are a side with top six ambitions, can we rely on two inexperienced centre backs, one of which has no Premier League experience, I'm not so sure. When we signed Benkovic and Soyuncu we instantly knew we had brought them for the future.

There's about four centre backs in the Premier League that are ready to make the step up in class, Dunk, Ake, Lascelles and Tarkowski, we'd be foolish not to sign one of those players. Waiting till January isn't usually an ideal thing to do, we all know it's difficult to sign players in that window.

As for saying we could even just start with Evans and Morgan together, no, no way.

If we sell Maguire and get Dunk then an Evans/Dunk CB partnership would see us set perfectly for this season and the future. Personally this season I'd loan out one of Soyuncu and Benkovic, have the other as 3rd/4th choice along with Wes. Then next season we'll have Dunk, Evans, Benkovic and Soyuncu as our centre back options, Wes will either leave or retire, then that would see us set for the next 5+ years unless someone comes in with a £80 million bid for one of them lol 

The flip side of this is that the club wants to demonstrate to young players both in Europe and domestically that it is a place you can come and expect to play regularly at the top level whatever your age. If you’re good enough you will be trusted.

Signing two highly regarded centre backs, making them wait a year for their chance and then taking it away and giving it to a mid-table centre back because they have experience is totally at odds with the way the club purports to operate and the manner in which the club has put itself in a position to have a crack at the top 6 in the first place.

Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Morgan (and Amartey) is plenty. Like anybody else we have a finite pot of money to spend and right now we’re riding high on being the ones taking advantage of others’ desperation in the transfer market. I could understand Dunk at £40m if we were absolutely desperate - say we didn’t have Evans or he had a long term injury - but we’re not desperate, we absolutely don’t need a centre back in the way in which Manchester United do.

Perhaps Soyuncu and Benkovic are both not good enough. But I’d rather we give them 6 months - Dunk will still be there in january and even in this market it’s hard to believe that his asking price will go up by more than 10% in that time. Seems like potentially a small price to pay to give one or both of those two a chance.

10 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Just try and sign drogovic and bring him back much cheaper option defensively sound. Equally as good as Dump and about 35m cheaper 

He failed to thrive really since leaving and don't think he's an absolute regular. He didn't let us down but was just mediocre.

Dunk is not an elite central defender.  At most he’s slightly better than defending at HM (slightly worse in the air).  He lacks the best-in-Europe ball moving ability.  (Why does FT piss on Harry's insane volume and quality of long balls?  You want quality to fit Rodgers' system.  You want entertainment.)  He completely lacks the valuable profile as a popular England starter with four contract years to run.

Say we get most of the add-ons for 75M.  Net out 10M for Hull, spend 45M on Dunk, and the remaining 20M won’t buy proven goal-scoring improvement on the wings.

I really don’t think our club would make such an objectively stupid pair of moves.  If they feel forced to do it, and it’s because Harry wanted out for wages, he’ll have screwed us as well as Mahrez ever done.

35 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

A club needs four CBs competing for two positions--two senior starters and two young prospects. Unless you think Morgan is the starter we need another one. 

With HM leaving we have four CBs.  Morgan is cover and we should promote one of Benkovic or Soyuncu.

We then have Amartey, Panascu, Knight, Fuchs etc should there be an injury crisis.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

With HM leaving we have four CBs.  Morgan is cover and we should promote one of Benkovic or Soyuncu.

We then have Amartey, Panascu, Knight, Fuchs etc should there be an injury crisis.  

FFS!!  Why didn't you say that right at the beginning..would of saved us 150 pages of twaddle...and embarrasing posts written under copywrite as

" Right to an opinion"...:frantics:

Edited by fuchsntf

I think a starting back 4 with Benko or Soyuncu is very dangerous. Not sure why everyone is alarmed by Dunk’s price we have humped Man U over Harry’s price so we can’t have it both ways. England capped captain of his club, 3 seasons experience in the prem for half of Harry’s fee? This is a no brainer

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Where's Sam Hughes?.. 

It's about time he showed progress, although I realise he had an injury setback. 

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Brendan will go into the market. Pascanu, Hughes and Knight are not ready. Morgan, Evans and Benkovic seem to get injured regularly. Amartey and Fuchs are not Top Six centre backs. That leaves Soyuncu, who may come good but has shown little sign of that yet. Pretty sure he will reinforce with an established player.

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Dunk is not an elite central defender.  At most he’s slightly better than defending at HM (slightly worse in the air).  He lacks the best-in-Europe ball moving ability.  (Why does FT piss on Harry's insane volume and quality of long balls?  You want quality to fit Rodgers' system.  You want entertainment.)  He completely lacks the valuable profile as a popular England starter with four contract years to run.

Say we get most of the add-ons for 75M.  Net out 10M for Hull, spend 45M on Dunk, and the remaining 20M won’t buy proven goal-scoring improvement on the wings.

I really don’t think our club would make such an objectively stupid pair of moves.  If they feel forced to do it, and it’s because Harry wanted out for wages, he’ll have screwed us as well as Mahrez ever done.

Depends if there is any truth in this rumoured deal that he could go this year if we got a fair offer.  We can't argue that the fee is not fair.

Personally I don't like to keep unhappy players.

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Those saying we'd be ok with Benkovic and Soyuncu, where's the evidence? We are a side with top six ambitions, can we rely on two inexperienced centre backs, one of which has no Premier League experience, I'm not so sure. When we signed Benkovic and Soyuncu we instantly knew we had brought them for the future.

There's about four centre backs in the Premier League that are ready to make the step up in class, Dunk, Ake, Lascelles and Tarkowski, we'd be foolish not to sign one of those players. Waiting till January isn't usually an ideal thing to do, we all know it's difficult to sign players in that window.

As for saying we could even just start with Evans and Morgan together, no, no way.

If we sell Maguire and get Dunk then an Evans/Dunk CB partnership would see us set perfectly for this season and the future. Personally this season I'd loan out one of Soyuncu and Benkovic, have the other as 3rd/4th choice along with Wes. Then next season we'll have Dunk, Evans, Benkovic and Soyuncu as our centre back options, Wes will either leave or retire, then that would see us set for the next 5+ years unless someone comes in with a £80 million bid for one of them lol 

They are both internationals I suppose, but If we don't play them we'll never know.  They deserve their chance imo.

"Mirror Sport understand Leicester are distancing themselves from reports over a bid for Harry Maguire"

"Reports suggest  Man Utd have launched an £80m bid for the England Defender"

"But Leicester have indicated they have not received a suitable offer for Maguire"

"However, it is being claimed elsewhere that they are moving for Brighton's Lewis Dunk as a replacement"

Basically as everyone expected, no one has a bloody clue

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Any real truth in this or is it more rumour guesswork?

An intern for the Sun with about 20 followers on Twitter published the tabloid’s daily, definitive, “Maguire’s gone to Man Utd for less than the fee Leicester have kept demanding all summer” article which has been regurgitated by the Mirror and confirmed by various untrustworthy hacks and some people on here lost their shit. RedCafe are also convinced and the intern now has 200 followers and hookers on standby. 

Shit all has happened. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

"Mirror Sport understand Leicester are distancing themselves from reports over a bid for Harry Maguire"

"Reports suggest  Man Utd have launched an £80m bid for the England Defender"

"But Leicester have indicated they have not received a suitable offer for Maguire"

"However, it is being claimed elsewhere that they are moving for Brighton's Lewis Dunk as a replacement"

Basically as everyone expected, no one has a bloody clue

What a ****ing surprise. 

17 minutes ago, murphy said:

Depends if there is any truth in this rumoured deal that he could go this year if we got a fair offer.  We can't argue that the fee is not fair.

Personally I don't like to keep unhappy players.

Agree that, if we do get 80M, that is fair value.  I'm uneasy about add-ons being 25% of that.  But who knows what they are. 

I'm bitching about the pair of deals if we feel compelled to pay 45M for Dunk ... I don't see that as fair market value, as solid Huth-type CBs are not rare.  Harry's blend of skills is rare.

Bottom line, from the club's standpoint, the only good reason to do a Maguire deal is to profit enough to strengthen significantly elsewhere.  Meaning a winger or striker, which will be expensive.  If we do it yet can't strengthen, we've been had.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Where’s the evidence that Trent Alexander Arnold, Wan-Bissaka, Rashford or Harry Winks would exceed in the PL. Where was the evidence for Mourinho to promote Huth all them years ago to the Chelsea first team squad? When Chilwell broke onto the scene he looked like a championship player, not a PL one. 

Every transfer is a risk, PL proven or not. Just because Dunk, Lascelles, etc have played in the PL, it doesn’t mean their form will translate to another club. For example Sanchez, Torres & Drinkwater were all PL proven yet couldn’t perform for their new clubs. 

Surely we spent £35million on Benkovic & Soyuncu because we knew Maguire would leave one day. Now the time has come, so why not give them a chance. Add someone from the academy such as Knight into the mix and we’ll have healthy competition for places.

In conclusion I have to agree with @StriderHiryu. Lets utilise the CB’s we have available and put the money towards a Mahrez replacement. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, brucey said:

These two are genuine ITKs with proven track records. 

(this is not a joke, I’d trust these particular accounts over the Sun any day)

Especially the second one, He doesn't make stuff up, He only tweets when there's progress on a deal or it's done etc.