Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Some fans think they are getting defensive master. They are in for a rude awakening when they partner him up with someone not experienced... just like when he’s partnered with anyone other than Evans.F745D81D-9F15-4140-ABEA-5535E3D263E9.thumb.jpeg.c3f4cda135b4bd6da42d22951bda3c6c.jpeg

Mid table af

So correct me if I’m wrong, but this whole story has come from a young lad who works at the Sun, has 92 Twitter followers and no previous track record of being in the know at all - and the whole country is accepting it as gospel?

The speed that fake news travels is actually frightening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

It beggars belief why we spent about £30m on these two centre backs if we have no intention of using them.

Because the manager we have now didn't buy them and possibly doesn't think they fit in with his plans perhaps? 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

It beggars belief why we spent about £30m on these two centre backs if we have no intention of using them.

A club needs four CBs competing for two positions--two senior starters and two young prospects. Unless you think Morgan is the starter we need another one. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So I've just asked again nothing on Maguire leaving, nothing on Dunk incoming but there is something with another transfer for us. 

Just trying to confirm something before I post in the thread that, that player has already in the transfer section ??

You little tease

If Maguire is going to be a little bitch and join a big club on the skids with a manager who will be gone by Christmas, then thanks for the couple of years service and see you in a few years when it’s gone belly up.

I’d stay clear of Tarkowski or Dunk. Not worth the money and I rate Soyuncu. Go out and spend big on this world class winger we are after. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

if we genuinely are hoping to push for a top 6 place there is no way we’d be prepared to give someone time to grow. we’ll want players that are rdy now, id imagine.

Why change tact now...We have a mix of

Proven youth,potential youth,and a few

Winklies..at 26+ & 30+. ..What is ready??

It's all a bit of gamble...

What if .......

Morgan and Evans aren't here after next season? Changes the question doesn't it.

Youth players not good enough? Shopping for a center half at the last minute(next summer). Buying in the winter is a good way to get bent over.

Edited by SO1

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Sorry..but there was no club nor Tielemans public statement as far as I can remember.....

Obviously not listening or reading above in this thread then.

A lot of links from the usual media about various speculation on Maguire; so if someone like John Percy comes in and says something about what he's hearing etc, then will only trust that source as he and few others have been reliable before than the various tabloids.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

So I’ve seen a couple times on the internets this summer auderweirald is avail for 25m? Why in the world wouldn’t we have a go at that (if true)?

Sounds like he's off to Roma. I imagine he wants CL football, and a massive wage to go with it.

Anyone who has seen all the tripe that the sun has put out in this style this transfer window, knows to pretty much ignore it.

Given time I could post 100’s of these sun “exclusives” from the past month that have just been plain bulls**t. 

Not just wrong, but totally fictional.

I’m not saying negotiations haven’t been going on around Maguire, but until something comes from better sources, I refuse to believe that either a fee has been agreed for Maguire, or we have actually bid for Dunk.

• Like 1

Just now, Bats8711 said:

So I’ve seen a couple times on the internets this summer auderweirald is avail for 25m? Why in the world wouldn’t we have a go at that (if true)?

I was saying this the other day, If as we keep being told Maguire isn't worth £80m, I'm not understanding why there isn't a massive interest in him tbh at a fairly low risk fee.

Couple of years older, that's the only negative I see towards to Alderweireld.