Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

10 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sure - the fee is fantastic and our stoicism is applaudable - but it's disingenuous to compare it to other transfers - especially stuff like Ronaldo and Pogba - because fees move on all the time. And we've lost our best defender, our only real threat at set pieces, our only defender who can bring it out from the back, gain territory and link the defence to the midfield. And strengthened a direct rival. Annnnnnnd we're only going to have to spend half of it on a sub par replacement. We've just diddled Man Utd, now let's watch Burnley/Brighton do the same to us. 

Ok, all I'll say is Morgan played 7 games less and scored the same amount of goals as Maguire last season, so even though Morgan isn't the answer, I'm sure we'll be able to replace his goals AND mistakes.

2 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Thank puck for that, now who we bringing,

United might have just help fund the transfers to knock em out the top 6.

No one, we’ve paid half of what we owe on a new training centre and given hull 10 million quid.

Wow.  80 million for a player I would rather played for us.  But a player who had iffy defensive moments and who was rated in the top 10 of Leicester players on FT.  

We need a player to step up.  Arise Soyuncu?

14 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sure - the fee is fantastic and our stoicism is applaudable - but it's disingenuous to compare it to other transfers - especially stuff like Ronaldo and Pogba - because fees move on all the time. And we've lost our best defender, our only real threat at set pieces, our only defender who can bring it out from the back, gain territory and link the defence to the midfield. And strengthened a direct rival. Annnnnnnd we're only going to have to spend half of it on a sub par replacement. We've just diddled Man Utd, now let's watch Burnley/Brighton do the same to us. 

He's wasnt our best defender. He wasn't exactly Elliott or Walsh at scoring from set pieces, bringing the ball out from the back is a very football hipster thing at the minute. Evans doesn't hoof it aimlessly and that's all you really need. Not charge halfway up the pitch leaving you way out of position! His lack of organisation, leadership and positional sense are all problems Man Utd already have and he won't fix them. And if we do spend 40 odd million on a Dunk or Tarkowski, so what? All CB prices will go up after this deal and there's no way Maguire is twice as good as either of the ones I've just mentioned. He's about the same standard quite honestly. They wouldn't be sub par.

Edited by Gubbins
  • Like 2

Well this has flattened my Friday enthusiasm somewhat, but at least it means we can see how Evans and A N Other get on tonight against Atalanta.

Ridiculous fee, but great for us - makes Youri look like a steal! Going to miss that big forehead of his. Means we no longer have a player in the England squad too, sadly.

Hopefully we go after Tarkowski over Dunk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Well this has flattened my Friday enthusiasm somewhat, but at least it means we can see how Evans and A N Other get on tonight against Atalanta.

Ridiculous fee, but great for us - makes Youri look like a steal! Going to miss that big forehead of his. Means we no longer have a player in the England squad too, sadly.

We selling Chilwell too? ITK

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

looking forward to seeing how Alexis Other gets on tonight 

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

Wow.  80 million for a player I would rather played for us.  But a player who had iffy defensive moments and who was rated in the top 10 of Leicester players on FT.  

We need a player to step up.  Arise Soyuncu?

Arise SIRyuncu!

I'll get me coat.

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

No player in the England squad? We have the first choice left back and, surely, Maddison will be called up soon too 

• Thanks 1