Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

we've had their pants down tbqh.

If Maguire is worth £85m then I'm worth at least £10m just for getting out of fvcking bed in the morning. 

we should get a decent replacement and move on. that's all it needs because he was decent, but that's it. 

got turned often, a little bit too slow and often caught out of position. there will be nowhere for him to hide at united. 

as someone else said, no malice towards him but hope he does a drinkwater and it'll further prove 'grass ain't always greener' at the 'big' clubs. 

thanks Harry! Bye, don't let the door... etc.

3 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

I’ve read this thread with interest, I’ve got to say I’ve never seen anything like this both within and outside of football. Like any product or service, it’s supply and demand. Man Utd want to sign a player from us and we have no real driver to sell other than the opportunity to get a significant transfer fee. 

Man Utd issues are compounded by a) their openness in desperately wanting Harry b) The fact they have no CB of the required standard, and a recent injury c) a track record of over spending. 

This is simple business and Leicester hold all the cards. The level of entitlement from Man Utd is unbelievable. Yes there is a human aspect to this deal but, and I’m sure Harry recognises this, he is paid extremely well, playing international football at a club which is progressing. I’m sure he wants to play for Man Utd but equally he made a commitment last summer, one which gives Leicester the control to set a fee they think is fair. I think the club have been nothing but professional. 

"entertainment"

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sure - the fee is fantastic and our stoicism is applaudable - but it's disingenuous to compare it to other transfers - especially stuff like Ronaldo and Pogba - because fees move on all the time. And we've lost our best defender, our only real threat at set pieces, our only defender who can bring it out from the back, gain territory and link the defence to the midfield. And strengthened a direct rival. Annnnnnnd we're only going to have to spend half of it on a sub par replacement. We've just diddled Man Utd, now let's watch Burnley/Brighton do the same to us. 

Your last point is very valid, we may be laughing now, however, if we not think we can get Dunk for £45m easily, we've got another thing coming. 

As many have said, losing Kante and Mahrez was more devastating than losing Maguire... He's a good player, who's often the suspect for conceding poor goals.  

Edited by La-li-lu-le-lo

We've done very well out of this deal if we've managed to get that. Fair play to Harry for remaining professional and letting us eek as much money as possible out of the deal.

I fancy we've already decided on our target (if required) should the deal materialise, so not too worried about that.

Feel for big Harry though as he's going to be getting pelters when they realise he's not worth close to what they're paying. 

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

gutted he looks to have gone but that kind of money is outrageous if he is worth that how much is Jonny Evans worth these days! 100+ surely !! lol:nigel:

He’s a lot older and he doesn’t bring the ball out like H 

and he isn't England's CH 

and he is a bit injury prone 

On 30/07/2019 at 16:36, ClaphamFox said:

But it sounds like there haven't even been any 'negotiations'. We told them our price weeks ago and they've failed to get anywhere near it. I honestly don't think we'll budge, which means Man Utd's only two options are to pay what we want or look elsewhere. And according to some reports, they're not prepared to stump up the £90m up front that we're asking. In which case Maguire stays.

Anyways... you were saying bud? ?

This goes to show that it is ultimately impossible to break the natural food chain in football unless you are owned by a country like Man City. We have a better manager and arguably a better first XI than them but Maguire couldn't wait to leave. Ho hum. Will be interesting to see what we do with the money.

• Like 1