Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Uddersfield Away Match thread

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Whilst I don't begrudge him it, it's it usual for footballers to get compassionate leave for a birth? 

I seem to remember plenty of instances of players playing up to or through their wives giving birth. 

I remember reading that his daughter arrived early. If it was a difficult birth for Harry's fiancee and their baby I can understand it. 

9 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Someone have a word with Maddison. Tell him to aim his free kicks at the near post.

Madders only ever does the top left corner on free kicks, I’m surprised the opposition goalies haven’t noticed

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I remember reading that his daughter arrived early. If it was a difficult birth for Harry's fiancee and their baby I can understand it. 

Oh I don't begrudge it. Just football has a long history of birth related celebrations and that so it struck me as unusual. 

We won't miss him. Farquaad to dominate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Professional journalist and published author spells sore with an A.

Maybe he is correct...Evans caught skinny dipping in the Soar,and cragged himself on a dumped bicycle...hence Soar-hip!!

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Whilst I don't begrudge him it, it's it usual for footballers to get compassionate leave for a birth? 

I seem to remember plenty of instances of players playing up to or through their wives giving birth. 

I remember Gareth bale having 2 games off when he had his first child whilst he was playing for Tottenham 

There would be an argument for starting Soyuncu is this game anyway if you ask me. It's a game against literally one of the worst teams ever in Premier League history who are already relegated and we are already safe. Of course I want us to win this game and challenge for 7th, but this is a very good game to give him game time in.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Would like the lad to get through the game without a clanger. He's put in some nice performances and then let himself down with some really poor errors.

Yeah, first half vs Cardiff he was like Beckenbaur and then 2nd half he was like Brian Carey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

I remember Gareth bale having 2 games off when he had his first child whilst he was playing for Tottenham 

Fuchs were absent againts Liverpool, big team, when he's still first choice