Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The Race for 7th

God now Arsenal will probably be up for it!

Looks like we will finish 10th which is disappointing.  Very disappointed.  But considering all we went through, on and off the pitch,  I'm happier with the future of this than I have been for years. 

• Like 2

We’ve also got one of the youngest starting 11s in the league.

You have to think if we keep hold of them all of Chilwell, Ndidi and Madison are going to be better and more consistent players.

If we can keep hold of Tielemans he is going to help us break down defences, even in his two quiet games against Newcastle he set up Vardy with a defence splitting ball that 9/10 Vardy scores and set up Barnes against West ham. This will help us secure more points against the strugglers.

Lets finish as high as we can be nice to pick up 4-6 points in the last 3 and show everyone we mean business next season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

God now Arsenal will probably be up for it!

Looks like we will finish 10th which is disappointing.  Very disappointed.  But considering all we went through, on and off the pitch,  I'm happier with the future of this than I have been for years. 

8th or 10th, doesnt really matter an awful lot. It'd be nice to look back on this era with a few 7th (or upwards) finishes considering how rarely we have done that in the top flight.

But i think we are quite hasty to forget that alot of people were saying they'd accept anything from 17th upwards after our owner died, and we all expected far bigger repercussions of that tragedy to transcend on the pitch. That being said, im glad that hasn't been any kind of issue at all professionally and that didn't end up becoming a debate every week. 

• Like 1

7th with Puel in situ for next season or 10th with Rogers and Tielemens here come next July.................you do the Maths.  We are in a good place.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

Only got ourselves to blame.

Watford was a game to get something from given their position but with it being Rodgers' first game it was sort of a tough one. 

The Newcastle game pissed me off. Shit result.

Shame about Watford. I think they've been best team outside top 6 this season.

Wolves can fvck off, absolute deluded fans who think they're massive. And the idiot on 606 right now sums them up.

Edited by Fox92

I feel a bit low having nothing to play for. Watching all these games for promotion with all the excitement that prevails is a little disappointing. 

The Newcastle result has knocked my confidence in the team with the new manager. It was though we were under the previous manager. 

I can't get too excited about the game tomorrow, at home, live on TV  early kickoff and against Arsenal does not bode well.

27 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

I feel a bit low having nothing to play for. Watching all these games for promotion with all the excitement that prevails is a little disappointing. 

The Newcastle result has knocked my confidence in the team with the new manager. It was though we were under the previous manager. 

I can't get too excited about the game tomorrow, at home, live on TV  early kickoff and against Arsenal does not bode well.

Bloody hell, you’re a cheerful bugger ??

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oldblueyes said:

Yeah I'm gutted we aren't slogging it out with Cardiff at the bottom and I'm just longing to be back scrapping it out in the Championship play offs...

• Like 2

I honestly did not want to finish 7th. With a small squad it is poisoned challis Everton , Burnley et al. The competition starts far to early in the pre-season. I want the squad to have a proper summer break that most did not get last year because of the world cup. Give BR the whole of the pre-season to bed in the new players ( hopefully) . and work with squad so we hit the ground running next season. An early start would mean the possible outgoings (Maguire) would not be sorted so players that may be going would have to report back to training with us. I think that would be just disruptive.Having said that I genuinely believe we will challenging 7/6 next year. Can't wait !!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Well Wolves don't do well against lower clubs so might lose to Fulham!

Even really but we made more mistakes and they took advantage.

Just go and win the FA Cup. That would be fantastic, Wolves get nothing and Man U (if they finish 6th) start qualifiers in July

• Like 1