Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The Race for 7th

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No chance. I want Leicester to win every game.

We should get a minimum of 4 points out of the remaining 3 games. Looking at 6 points for a good finish. Anything less than 4 will be disappointing.

Yeah, I reckon 4 should be the goal as well. A win against one of Arsenal or Chelsea (both shocking form in general), and a draw against the remaining team or Man City (we know we can perform against them, but we are away).

24 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Obviously nothing is impossible but you’ve got to think 10th will be the finishing position. Any repeat of the last two first half performances though could see us on -6 goals or more. 

if we are as open as we have been last three fixtures (I include Huddersfield) then top six sides will score plenty. That’s why I expect to see some tactical tweaks 

8 hours ago, don_danbury said:

the huge contest for 7th between wolves and watford. am gonna wet myself in excitement. 

However, if Wolves lose to Arsenal and then beat you.

Then we win and Everton slip up there is 1 point separating the 4 of us with 2 games to go.

Would be nice if we got to the last game of the season against Chelsea and we still had a chance of 7th, rather than a dead rubber game. Even if we are 3 points behind Everton, Wolves and Watford before kick off.

However, I think by the last game of the season Watford will be clear of us and Everton, Wolves may still be with them if they can beat Arsenal tonight (and there is a good chance given Wolves love playing the top 6 and Arsenal are dreadful away from home).

It's not so much is finishing 7th, I just want to see the points total being as high as possible. Last season we finished 9th with something daft like 47 points, if we can finish the season on 52-53 points then it's an improvement. The league is getting tougher for the clubs outside the top 6. We must continue to improve and the gap will narrow.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not so much is finishing 7th, I just want to see the points total being as high as possible. Last season we finished 9th with something daft like 47 points, if we can finish the season on 52-53 points then it's an improvement. The league is getting tougher for the clubs outside the top 6. We must continue to improve and the gap will narrow.

Agree, would be nice to break the 50 point barrier which is a improvement on other years (apart from title winning year). Next year we really need to push on if we are serious about 7/top 6 in the league, for me we are still losing to many games over the course of the season. Exciting times ahead bring it on. :scarf:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, smitha said:

Agree, would be nice to break the 50 point barrier which is a improvement on other years (apart from title winning year). Next year we really need to push on if we are serious about 7/top 6 in the league, for me we are still losing to many games over the course of the season. Exciting times ahead bring it on. :scarf:

Exactly this, we have had a couple of "mediocre" seasons now where we have played some good football and showed lots of potential, but were unable to be consistent. If you think about the silly points we threw away this season, in particular losing last min to Wolves and Watford, those points are the difference between 7th and 10th.

I hope we can push on next season and get regular results, away form this year has been good but the home form really needs to improve again if we are to challenge top 6. Let's see if Rodgers can get these players to be a team that are hard to beat and know how to get results. Finish this season strongly and build on that for next season. I just feel there will be other teams improving next season too, this and last season have been "easy" to get 7th. Hopefully a nice cup run, in particular FA Cup is on the horizon too.

Guest Cujek
3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I would not love it if we beat Man City to help Liverpool win the league but we still end up finising lower than 7th...

I dont think we are beating man city away in the penultimate game of the season in reality.

with how we are playing, they will score, we will score as well, but they will score more.

It's all about performance levels and building towards next season. 7th is out of our hands, so the pressure is off. Playing top 6 teams provides the perfect opportunity to test ourselves against the elite teams we need to challenge if we are to take the next step on our amazing journey.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I would not love it if we beat Man City to help Liverpool win the league but we still end up finising lower than 7th...

Beating them away would be a massive statement of intent from us and an enormous confidence boost.

Speaking personally, I could care less who wins the league. And let's face it, where we finish will be exactly where we deserve to finish.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, points tallies are the best guide for progress. If we finish 9th again but with 54 points and 16 wins then we've made strides forward.