Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The Race for 7th

So we are down to the final furlong in the race for 7th and potential European football next season, how many points do you think we will accrue and the other teams in contention?

Leicester City (Points Total so far: 47)

West Ham (a) - win

Arsenal (h) - draw

Manchester City (a) - lose

Chelsea (h) - win

Points predictor - 7 points

Wolves (Points Total so far: 47)

Brighton (h) - win

Arsenal (h) -  lose

Watford (a) -  draw

Fulham (h) - draw

Liverpool (a) - lose

Points predictor - 5 points

Everton (Points Total so far: 46)

Manchester United (h) - lose

Palace (a) - draw

Burnley (h) - win

Tottenham (a) - lose

Points predictor - 4 points

Watford (Points Total so far: 46)

Arsenal (h) - lose

Huddersfield (a) - win

Southampton (h) - draw

Wolves (h) - draw

Chelsea (a) - lose

West Ham (h) - draw

Points predictor - 6 points

Maybe slightly biased our end and quite conceivably it could be a points tie come the end of the season where goal difference will come in our favour whether we finish 7th or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We needed to beat Newcastle unfortunately. Do not see Wolves dropping points to Fulham at home in a month of Sunday’s and we will do well to get 4 points of Chelsea and Arsenal 

The same could've been said about Everton and Fulham yesterday. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We needed to beat Newcastle unfortunately. Do not see Wolves dropping points to Fulham at home in a month of Sunday’s and we will do well to get 4 points of Chelsea and Arsenal 

I wouldn't write off our chances of just yet! We do produce results against the big boys, so we do still have a chance albeit small. Fulham are capable of getting at draw at Wolves.

Watford's mind will be on their cup final now, so can see their results dipping a bit, and Everton are on the beach already.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The same could've been said about Everton and Fulham yesterday. 

Not really, they have been much better at the cottage than they have been on the road. To expect them to go away to wolves and pick something up is seriously clutching at straws.

• Like 1

Im not bothered about 7th this season and am almost glad it looks like we will fall short.

I want a full proper pre-season of matches and working on the BR way and we have plenty to do in the transfer market with a lot of oldies having their contracts run down as well as some others that need to go.

I know they get a lot of flack in here but I would like Wolves to grab 7th. One, I like the way they play but importantly for us I think them buggering off into Europe and playing Thursday Sunday Thursday will affect their season, as it did Burnley this season whilst they were in it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Im not bothered about 7th this season and am almost glad it looks like we will fall short.

I want a full proper pre-season of matches and working on the BR way and we have plenty to do in the transfer market with a lot of oldies having their contracts run down as well as some others that need to go.

I know they get a lot of flack in here but I would like Wolves to grab 7th. One, I like the way they play but importantly for us I think them buggering off into Europe and playing Thursday Sunday Thursday will affect their season, as it did Burnley this season whilst they were in it. 

I’m sort of in agreement. But then I wonder just how far we might get in the Europa league ..... the qualifiers are likely to mess up our pre season but if we manage to get to them then we will have had a brilliant end to this season and will be able to carry momentum into next. we have a large enough squad to cope with the qualifying rounds but come the actual league stages, that will certainly mess with our PL campaign. 

I think brendan would probably like a fairly clean go at things next season and maybe the following year would suit a euro jaunt better 

27 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Hope Watford win the cup and put us all out of our misery. Lets re-group over the summer and come back and qualify for Europe in style. 

How is this going to work? 

Watford can't win the Cup until the prem seasons finished. 

So we finish 7th and think we have a European tour to have Watford take it away. They won't put us out of our misery but could make us worse. 

Never really taken much interest in the Europa League having only been in the Champions League  :P  what's the general fixture set up for the team qualifying in 7th place?

46 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not really, they have been much better at the cottage than they have been on the road. To expect them to go away to wolves and pick something up is seriously clutching at straws.

But as we've seen anyone in this league can beat anyone. Wolves have lost or drawn with the lower teams in the division. Yes it's not an expected sticky game, but to rule out a potential draw or loss is wrong. 

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

Never really taken much interest in the Europa League having only been in the Champions League  :P  what's the general fixture set up for the team qualifying in 7th place?

Three qualifying rounds starting in July. 

47 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

The reality is that it’s highly unlikely we’ll finish top 4 again in my lifetime so the only chance we’ll have of playing CL football again is by winning the Europa League.

You've gotta be in it to win it and although it might effect our PL season, I think we could actually do well in the Europa League and possibly even win it.

Thats my logic anyway.. 

• Like 2

The predictions remind me of those spurs donkeys on YouTube predicting the final run in and had spurs winning the league with a game left lol

We needed to beat Newcastle to have any chance. We might give the big teams a go but chances are we lose all 3 of those. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Would be a miracle to get 7th. We have ****ed up too many easy fixtures, and rival games including Wolves and Watford, I reckon Watford will finish the season the strongest and get it. 

A miracle to finish in the position we currently occupy with 4 games remaining?

I think you need to check the definition of miracle.

Leicester City (Points Total so far: 47)

West Ham (a) - draw

Arsenal (h) - lose

Manchester City (a) - lose

Chelsea (h) - draw

Points predictor - 2 points

Wolves (Points Total so far: 47)

Brighton (h) - win

Arsenal (h) -  draw

Watford (a) -  draw

Fulham (h) - win

Liverpool (a) - lose

Points predictor - 8 points