Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The Race for 7th

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

The only way Man City don't ream us is if the title is decided and they rest most of their side, in which case Liverpool will do the same against Wolves.  And Wolves are going to get 3 points against Fulham.

Have you seen Wolves record against the bottom 6?

28 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Realistically we need not only to beat Chelsea, but to get something from Manchester City.

Wolves you'd think will lose at Liverpool, but I can't see them not beating Fulham.

Possible...but a tough ask really.

Fulham have won there last 3 games and kept three clean sheets though

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Be typical Wolves for them to lose to Fulham but draw or beat Liverpool!

I hope it's you in a way as we'll never hear the end of it if Wolves and Everton do after the games and events between us and them!

Like I said before, just win the FA Cup and job's a goodun. Unless we're in 7th!!!

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Three points to make up verses Wolves.

They have Fulham and Liverpool. 

We have Man City and Chelsea.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a result against City. 

On current form we’re probably the last team they’d want to play, apart from Liverpool. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LestaAl said:

We will have a better season out of Europe. If there are 5 teams in the champions league then maybe that may make it easier for us to squeeze into the top 6 if we continue to invest in the team.

What's the end goal of having a better season as a result of not being in Europe? Oh yeah, European football the season after. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a draw vs man city and a win against Chelsea will get us 7th.

Wolves I think will draw against Fulham and lose to Liverpool.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. We've got to go for it, as I feel with one of two additions in the Summer we could Win the Europa Cup. I don't think anyone would fancy playing us either.

Everton can win both their last games, Spurs away is not easy but they could have sewn up 3rd and be looking at a Champions League final.

We're going to just fall short, as much i'd like European football. A clear pre-season and no early season distractions could benefit us.

I think it’s gone now, but nice that the season isn’t entirely dead rubber. All we be confirmed next weekend and the Chelsea game will be a carnival atmosphere.

Frustrating that I can think I of many examples of where we could have made up that 3 points, but we can only hope next year is very different.

19 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The only way Man City don't ream us is if the title is decided and they rest most of their side, in which case Liverpool will do the same against Wolves.  And Wolves are going to get 3 points against Fulham.

It would be the day the title was given so they would rest no one. They would play freely and massacre us. Best case is they have to win so nerves will play a huge part. 

10 hours ago, FIF said:

what is the point playing in the league if you don't want European football?

Should our goal be to finish 8th every year?

Finish 8th, win a cup then you avoid the qualifiers and can go straight into the group stage with a trophy in the cabinet.

• Like 1

The way we played yesterday it would be a shame to miss out on Europe. Probably not worthy of it given the season overall but still.We destroyed one of the possible finalists and have beaten one of the other 4 teams left.

Everton and Burnley are held up as an example of what could go wrong but our squad could do well in Europa League. Atletico Madrid and Sevilla have done alright and its been a good learning curve for Ajax.

Things are improving in the 8th to 10th position this season. In 2017, 8th-10th was 46-45 points. In 2018, 8th-10th was 49-44 points. This season, 10th will have at least 50 and probably more as I wouldn't rule out us, Everton and Watford winning at least one of the two remaining games.

10th could finish with 53 points which shows the teams are getting better in the middle of the league.

It's a tough one on one hand it would be good to be in Europe next year however on the other it's not a big issue if we just miss out as we could challenge for top 6 and a domestic cup without the worry of early games with a squad that's still learning.