Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Hakim Ziyech

1 hour ago, richardsfoxes said:

Hope they don't do a Monaco and get ripped apart, its looking that way though.

Ajax look a bit stronger than Monaco did.UEFA Cup finalists 2 years ago and now a Champions League semi final.

Monaco was a flash in the pan really. Don't have anything like the history of Ajax. Ajax look well placed to build on the current success.

3 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Ajax look a bit stronger than Monaco did.UEFA Cup finalists 2 years ago and now a Champions League semi final.

Monaco was a flash in the pan really. Don't have anything like the history of Ajax. Ajax look well placed to build on the current success.

Monaco > Ajax don't be daft. 

Monaco has wealthy owners, is a tax haven, plays in a stronger league. 

Ajax don't have the resources to hold on to their players and all the stars of this team will leave. Just not to us. 

All of the Ajax players are out of reach after their performances in the Champions League. Even the reborn again Dusan Tadic! You've got to hand it to them though, they have been brilliant and I hope they actually win it, they have now outplayed Bayern, Real and Juventus away from home. The elite clubs will be after their players if anymore leave (De Jong has already signed for Barcelona).

What is encouraging is that Ajax have shown what is possible by keeping a young group together, just like Monaco did a few seasons ago and Dortmund when Klopp was in charge. And we are going for the same strategy with a mostly young side with experienced and reliable pros in key positions. Tadic and Blind are good examples, both pretty good players but hardly tore up trees in this league. But having good players to go along with exciting youngsters can be a good combination and I think it's why it's good we have players like Kasper, Evans, Vardy, Albrighton and to a lesser extent Morgan in the squad.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, notnow john said:

Puel preferred Ghezall.

Very true lol

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Think we’ve missed the boat on this one. Werent we linked with this fella 4/5 seasons ago?

Yes i doubt he gives up champs league to come to the KP unless he has some sort of unlikely love for King Richard III.

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

All of the Ajax players are out of reach after their performances in the Champions League. Even the reborn again Dusan Tadic! You've got to hand it to them though, they have been brilliant and I hope they actually win it, they have now outplayed Bayern, Real and Juventus away from home. The elite clubs will be after their players if anymore leave (De Jong has already signed for Barcelona).

What is encouraging is that Ajax have shown what is possible by keeping a young group together, just like Monaco did a few seasons ago and Dortmund when Klopp was in charge. And we are going for the same strategy with a mostly young side with experienced and reliable pros in key positions. Tadic and Blind are good examples, both pretty good players but hardly tore up trees in this league. But having good players to go along with exciting youngsters can be a good combination and I think it's why it's good we have players like Kasper, Evans, Vardy, Albrighton and to a lesser extent Morgan in the squad.

What's very possible to be fair is that Ajax will make enough money off De Jong, De Ligt and Ziyech (probably the three most likely to stay) that they can say no to any more sales this summer. 

They're clearly not going to want to lose an entire team are they? As good as Neres, VdBeek, Tagliafico etc have been, if they drop off a little in form next year they'll drop off the radar. 

Buying up Ajax team now would be a bit like buying up players who have a good world cup, it's just flavour of the month excitement. It'll fade if they don't move this summer and they go out in the group stage again next year. 

If we can get him for £40m or less then do it spend the money aswell as Tielemans he will be the difference to Europe or not the player of his quality. 

However having said that I can’t ever seeing it happen but if it means giving Rodgers an extra £30/£40 to make it happen then get it done.

on a separate note I’m intrigued to know how many would be willing to sell Big H if it meant funding this move? 

On 19/04/2019 at 11:47, GingerrrFox said:

****ing no chance. Could have signed him after his first season at Ajax but we ****ed it wasting time trying to convince Riyad to stay. 

Surely this could've actually gone a way to helping that as well.