Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Get shot of Nacho this summer. Unfortunately the time as come to bring in a 1st choice striker, we can longer rely on Vards week in week out.

That time actually came in the summer.  The timing of our signings is woeful.  You can bet we will sign a replacement for Vardy in 2025, by which time R

Tiele, Soyunchu, Maddison would have buggered off

Edited by filthyfox
  • Like 1

It’s a bit of both I think. Past his best? Yeah.

Finished completely? No.

As I said a few weeks back, he’s been on past his peak for a while.

For me it was obvious he’s not been the same since Man City away in December 2019.

He was fantastic that day as the entire 2019, literally running the show week in week out. He then got injured vs Liverpool and was out for a while and has never looked the same.

Scored 2 vs Villa but looked rusty then went into lockdown.

Hes lost something since then but what do we really expect at 33 and now 34?

The last few weeks he’s been shockingly bad. He’s getting on a bit and although he is past his best, he’s been ran into the ground over the last few games and looks over worked.

He wasn’t the only one today. Wilf looked way off the pace, as did Youri. It’s a case of too many minutes in a short space of time.

I think it is the start of the end for JV and over the next season we’ll need to rotate him, however he’s still got something to offer when fully fit. He’s out on his feet today and Arsenal were far fitter and fresher and well rested.

JV should get the week off and hopefully see him refreshed for Brighton. I’d start Nacho in a 433 vs Burnley then bring JV back for Brighton next weekend. See how he copes when rested, can’t judge him over the last few games..all we can see, which I think everyone knows, is he IS slowing down and can’t make things out of nothing when we don’t control the middle of the park.

What it really shows is just how good peak Vardy is when he used to be able to play that graveyard role between 16/17-18/19 with little to no service and knicked things out of nothing!!

Hes finished as an elite striker but there’s still life in him yet if we realise how to manage him properly starting with him being left out the squad for Burnley.

If we go back to 4-2-3-1 .......

Play Vardy in Barnes spot (Left Wing)

Nacho up top as (Striker)

Richardo / Albrighton (Right Wing)

Takes the pressure of Vardy (Clearly not back to previous best) and gives him some space with the ball at feet rather than the usual runs onto long passes.  Vardy always works the left hand side anyway, so a natural move for him.  

2 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

If we go back to 4-2-3-1 .......

Play Vardy in Barnes spot (Left Wing)

Nacho up top as (Striker)

Richardo / Albrighton (Right Wing)

Takes the pressure of Vardy (Clearly not back to previous best) and gives him some space with the ball at feet rather than the usual runs onto long passes.  Vardy always works the left hand side anyway, so a natural move for him.  

I admire your creativity, but this is ludicrous. There is only one position on the pitch Vardy can play and he's damn good at it.

Poor bloke has obviously came back way too early to help the team due to barnes and maddison playing with injuries and looks a shadow of himself. Unfortunately after today he is probably going to need to give us 2 more games in 6 days then just rest between the Brighton and sheff u games then I'd give him the cup game off. That should give him 3 weeks between games where he can recover for the last 8 matches of the season. He doesn't look right and want him to be the player we know for another year or 2. 

Honestly can't believe anybody is writing him off.  He's obviously not fit.  He was holding his groin from like the 5th minute today.  And has been doing it early most games recently, even if people aren't talking about it or picking up on it.  It absolutely sucks of course.  But he shouldn't be playing.  

I'll mention it for the 1000th time. He's been 'rushed' back after surgery and we all, myself included have become so accustomed to him absolutely bullying teams, week in week out. In addition, the fixture congestion and not having one of the most creative midfielders in the league behind him also doesn't help.

Yes he'll inevitably start to slow down but the coaching staff will manage him accordingly. 

No doubt in my mind, he is still crucial to us and time and time again he'll deliver when we need him most. 

Edited by Bamboo
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1