Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

a bit like Claridge's goal against Palace lol 

1 minute ago, drumbeat said:

Not sure if he shinned it but what the hell, it was a wonderfully controlled strike from not the easiest ball, bouncing when/where it did. It was an eye of the needle pass from Perez and Vardy got his body shape perfect.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ea7f29c64a9ad6cdd5

Quite simply the best player to ever play for Leicester City.

I'll go you one better. I think given a whole career that Jamie Vardy is every bit as good as Luis Suarez. I can't believe I'm saying this but I love them both equally. They're both capable of incredible moments of magic and graft. Both World Class. They took two different paths in the game but both are satisfying in their own way.

I’m happy to say I honestly thought he looked done at the end of last season. Wow - how wrong was I?!? He’s looking fabulous and rejuvenated. Hopefully, we now have enough to give him a rest periodically and keep him fresher for longer 🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

Not sure if he shinned it but what the hell, it was a wonderfully controlled strike from not the easiest ball, bouncing when/where it did. It was an eye of the needle pass from Perez and Vardy got his body shape perfect.

Shinned it?! 

He LASHED IT!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

I'll go you one better. I think given a whole career that Jamie Vardy is every bit as good as Luis Suarez. I can't believe I'm saying this but I love them both equally. They're both capable of incredible moments of magic and graft. Both World Class. They took two different paths in the game but both are satisfying in their own way.

Luis Suarez in English football didn't win anything (I think), whereas JV won the title and FA Cup.

Suarez 33 goal season was something else, that's the best individual season any player has ever had. I know Salah scored more goals in his dream season (and not having a bad one this either!) but in that season Suarez was single handedly destroying teams week after week.

That said, Vardy plays for an underdog team. We will never know how Vardy would fare for one of the dominant teams in the division and I hope we never do! But for example put him in the current Man City team and he'd score 30 goals a season IMO, even at 35 years old.

Today's goal again shows he's so much more than a pace merchant. That's a simply world class instinctive finish, pulled off when his team and manager is under pressure, just moments after the team's morale was put on the floor.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Luis Suarez in English football didn't win anything (I think), whereas JV won the title and FA Cup.

Suarez 33 goal season was something else, that's the best individual season any player has ever had. I know Salah scored more goals in his dream season (and not having a bad one this either!) but in that season Suarez was single handedly destroying teams week after week.

That said, Vardy plays for an underdog team. We will never know how Vardy would fare for one of the dominant teams in the division and I hope we never do! But for example put him in the current Man City team and he'd score 30 goals a season IMO, even at 35 years old.

Today's goal again shows he's so much more than a pace merchant. That's a simply world class instinctive finish, pulled off when his team and manager is under pressure, just moments after the team's morale was put on the floor.

Its not a numbers game or who won what for me. Pure emotion and what players do on the pitch. What they do that isn't put into numbers but affect the game. Pressing/Defending etc. as well as creating goals. Your last paragraph says it all.

Last season a sliced finish like that probably goes nearer the corner flag but he's in a purple patch right now. Still underated from the wider football community, goal return Is phenomenonal. 

When he's got assistance he doesn't need to get involved in general play as much and looks so much better. 

Superman wears Jamie Vardy pyjamas. 

It's mind blowing. The guy is 35 in 3 months. 

He's joint top Premier League scorer at the moment, alongside a bloke who people are saying is the greatest player in the world right now.

We will never see his likes in a Leicester City shirt again. Absolute legend.

In the modern game, where people leave for money, I will always have the utmost respect for him for turning down Arsenal and still giving everything for us every week.

He is everything the modern footballer should be, but isn't. 

• Like 4