Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

He could have a first half hatrick, even without his og. Some terrific blocks from Burnley. 

We'll look back with fondness about these afternoons sitting through dross football to see Vardy coolly and clinically put the ball in the net.

His numbers are fantastic.

• Like 3

I still umm and ah as to whether my all time favourite player is Jamie Vardy or Steve Walsh. At the moment Walshie is still ahead but probably by the time Jamie retires he will have taken over.

But for us to have a player who's scored 122 PL goals and counting for us is astonishing and will probably never happen again. If he stays fit and sees his contract out he might hit 150+ and go past Michael Owen.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ceredigion said:

I still umm and ah as to whether my all time favourite player is Jamie Vardy or Steve Walsh. At the moment Walshie is still ahead but probably by the time Jamie retires he will have taken over.

But for us to have a player who's scored 122 PL goals and counting for us is astonishing and will probably never happen again. If he stays fit and sees his contract out he might hit 150+ and go past Michael Owen.

What a wonderful irony that would be.  Didn't Owen once say that Vardy wasn't a natural goalscorer?

Re his own goal today, rather than blaming either him or Ricardo, shouldn't the responsibility lie with Rodgers for insisting that Vardy goes back to defend corners?  This only adds to the overload in the box which leads to confusion within our players' minds about who is to attack the ball that comes over.  Other fans on here have remembered the days when Ranieri had 3 or our attackers standing in the centre circle at corners, forcing the big oppo defenders to stay back with them.  That would be a far better tactic at our dealing with their main threats at corners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

Re his own goal today, rather than blaming either him or Ricardo, shouldn't the responsibility lie with Rodgers for insisting that Vardy goes back to defend corners?  This only adds to the overload in the box which leads to confusion within our players' minds about who is to attack the ball that comes over.  Other fans on here have remembered the days when Ranieri had 3 or our attackers standing in the centre circle at corners, forcing the big oppo defenders to stay back with them.  That would be a far better tactic at our dealing with their main threats at corners.

Very good point. That’s the exact thing I said straight away when it hit the net. Just ‘why is he even there ffs’

36 minutes ago, deep blue said:

What a wonderful irony that would be.  Didn't Owen once say that Vardy wasn't a natural goalscorer?

Haha, yeah he did. I used to love Michael Owen when I was a kid, he was absolutely electric, but after some of the things he's said, it's like he's never even watched the game let alone played for England and three of the world's top clubs.

Just now, ALC Fox said:

Haha, yeah he did. I used to love Michael Owen when I was a kid, he was absolutely electric, but after some of the things he's said, it's like he's never even watched the game let alone played for England and three of the world's top clubs.

Owen had a useless career after about 25. He also never had a prem 20+ goal season in his career.

The supposedly not natural goal scorer Vardy has 3 20+ seasons in a much more inferior team for a large part of his career.

I know Owen won the balldor and scored a famous World Cup goal but Vardy > Owen. Vardy was faster(Owen tore his hamstring in 1999 at 19 was never the same), better all round game and fits into different systems whether it’s counter attack or possession and passing.

Vards is clever at timing runs and making space, Owen just ran and when he lost his pace barely scored.

After 02/03 at 23 years old was already on the decline. Vardy had 1 prem goal on his 28th bday. It’s mental really.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, car1os said:

Up to 17th in all time Premier League goal scorers, equal with Dwight Yorke, and only 2 goals off Anelka

And I'm sure Anelka and Yorke have played more PL games, and for teams who were consistently challenging for titles and CLs. 

4 hours ago, Koke said:

And I'm sure Anelka and Yorke have played more PL games, and for teams who were consistently challenging for titles and CLs. 

Had a look and its insane. Anelka and Yorke have played over 100 games more. Hasselbaink was a very prolific striker and Vardy is about to overtake him with less games played. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I said last season when he looked to be struggling that he thrives of the abuse of fans and empty stadiums didn’t help his game . Obviously was getting over an injury as well . But its no coincidence that he bagged twice yesterday after the Burnley sung about his wife. Even seen a stat that he scored exactly 15 minutes from when they first sung about her and 15 minutes after they sung about her again . I don’t know if that stat is true so don’t shoot me 😂

• Like 2

I dreaded the day he started to lose his pace.

Well, he has now quite obviously lost some of his pace.  And he’s still a lethal threat who scores in bunches. 

Irreplaceable.  Though I will back his Zambian apprentice with all I’ve got when the time does come!

As bad as the Fofana injury was for disrupting the teams confidence and momentum, seeing Vardy lying on the pitch in obvious agony was up another level. Not helped when that Ghost Buster waddled on. 

Relief when he got up was an understatement. :sweating:

• Like 3