Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Just now, Corky said:

It's quite surprising he could reach it before Schmeichel. 

Other than the 14/15 PL season Schmeichel has barely missed a game I'm also surprised Vardy has reached 250 before Kasper. 

Brilliant piece of movement for our goal today. That's the kind of goal that looks like a simple tap-in but 99% of players don't predict where the ball is going to be and make that run.

He's been our best player and probably one shining light so far. We'd could well have still been on 0 points without him.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Same. It really has been an honour to watch him play for our club. If we ever have a better player in my lifetime I'd be shocked 

I think it's the whole package with him. 

His tough start.

His determination to get to the top

The 1 million fee. 

HIs hanging in there, when things weren't great at the club early days

His record breaking run. 

His not f#King off when it was tempting to go. 

His amazing ability to wind up opposition fans(but they still begrudgingly like him) 

His nuts on Neuyer, which was outrageous 😄

His fantastic relationship with the owners and the way he conducted himself after the tragedy (as did others) 

His keeping himself in brilliant condition Dispite the years catching up. 

I've missed loads but he really is one of the most iconic footballers of all time, dispite not playing for one of the glamorous clubs. 

So glad he's been with us and to have witnessed his absolute brilliance. 

THE GOAT no doubt about it 🦊💙💙

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I thought (and feared) he looked finished last season but I take it back. You cannot argue there isn’t life in the old dog yet when he’s scoring like he has done already this season.

I always felt a summer off would benefit him. And backed his to start like this. What is needed tho is daka to be able to come in and lighten the load over Christmas and New year.

What a player, I am dreading life after Vardy at Leicester. He's just unbelievable. 

I know we all a desperate for Daka to be integrated and Rodgers does need to give him the platform to get some minutes in games but Vardy is in rude form at the minute and long may it continue.

A privilege to watch him in this last decade.

Just to put it into perspective. He has about 128 Premier League goals. West Ham"s all time PL scorer is Antonio with 48 goals and they've spent far longer in the PL than we have. For Villa it's Agbonlahor with 73 goals. Vardy is not only a Leicester City great he's a Premier League great. 

• Like 1

Greatest ever player without a doubt in our history, no question.

He was instrumental in getting us to the Prem in 13/14.

He was key to our great escape in 14/15.

He was key to doing the unthinkable, breaking long standing Prem records in the process.

He was key to our great escape in 16/17 as well. Scoring 8 in 12 in a struggling team including 2 in that crucial game vs Liverpool.

He was crucial in 17/18 too. Hitting the 20 goal mark is exceptional in itself but to do it in a very average team going through a transition period from the old title winners to new blood, even more so.

18/19 was a sticky time with his and Puel but even in these moments he kept Puel in a job with winners at Chelsea and Everton away papering the cracks of how bad we were at that point. So defensive but when you only need one chance because of how good he is, it can bail out on occasions.

16/17-18/19 we had a really average team , yet Vardy still managed 51 goals in these 3 years which averages to 17 a season. He would of been even better in a better team, as proven in 15/16 and when we built the new team in early 2019.

Brendan coming in and us becoming a better squad/team with Youri joining etc, gave Vardy a chance to show how good he is in a team with higher level of quality/service. He responded with 27 goals from 29 games before his injury vs Liverpool in December 2019 and despite injuries and struggles STILL gets the golden boot. Ridiculous.

In the last few years he’s starting to show signs of being past his best, yet still hits the 15 goal mark in 20/21 and 3 in 5 from open play already this season despite nearing 35! He’s a phenomenon, he’s unique, he’s world class. He reads the game so well, has exceptional movement and is one of the greatest finishers in prem history, especially in his prime, which shows why he’s a great and not just a fast striker.

Hes a Leicester legend but a Prem legend too. Top 10 all time Prem strikers and a Premier league, FA Cup, Charity Shield and golden boot winner - all in separate seasons, with an unfashionable club. As proven in his stats, he goes to even crazier levels of class when he’s had better teams which shows the potential he had to be even greater.

Its great for us he’s stayed loyal and done it for us and got legend status for life etc etc and his unfortunate late entry to the elite game didn’t help him either, but no doubt in my mind if he’d been in an elite team in his prime(2015-2019) he’d of scored 30+ a season and won everything the game has to offer.

He was as good as anyone, without the narrative of a Kane, Aguero, Shearer etc but make no mistake he’s in that company in reality, even if the club he’s played for or the story of how he got here prevents that being appreciated.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What a player, I am dreading life after Vardy at Leicester. He's just unbelievable. 

I know we all a desperate for Daka to be integrated and Rodgers does need to give him the platform to get some minutes in games but Vardy is in rude form at the minute and long may it continue.

A privilege to watch him in this last decade.

He's a one-off. We've sat through some dull football to see that bit of Vardy magic. 

I know the 11 in a row, title winning season will be mostly remembered but I reckon the period from Ranieri's sacking through Shakespeare, Puel and the early part of Rodgers to Christmas 2019 you won't see a more effective, ruthless, clinical striker at this club again (maybe even before). Those 2 and a half years he was phenomenal.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's a one-off. We've sat through some dull football to see that bit of Vardy magic. 

I know the 11 in a row, title winning season will be mostly remembered but I reckon the period from Ranieri's sacking through Shakespeare, Puel and the early part of Rodgers to Christmas 2019 you won't see a more effective, ruthless, clinical striker at this club again (maybe even before). Those 2 and a half years he was phenomenal.

Yeah. His best period was between 2017 to 2019. He scored 64 goals in 3 seasons. Absolute machine. 

• Like 3