Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Carragher's hard enough to understand at the best of times but its like he's fvcking whispering down his microphone.

He's social distancing from it. He thinks it is the listeners.

interesting to see the different levels off fitness on show

some teams like southampton, chelsea and oddly newcastle have come back looking quite sharp.

Others like liverpool, arsenal and sheffield united have looked less up to speed, a few are looking how can i see a few pounds over as well.

Its basically like a long pre season really, I don't sense any of the teams will really get up to full pace before the july end.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How have most of the players got such fresh haircuts?:ph34r:

Dunno why people are getting so irate about this. I’ve had my hair cut three times in lockdown. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Because unless their partner (or someone they live with) is doing it, they've been breaking the social distancing rules.

Maybe they have been, who knows? It’s not hard to grasp. My missus has done mine every time and she’s never done it before. 

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Great observation, and I hope fans can be reasonable enough to see this is the case. Some of the posts in the match day thread were frankly embarrassing to read. Players haven't had a competitive game for 3 months and we don't know how many have had to self-isolate in that time. For any athlete at the elite level, not being able to train at all for 2 weeks is going to put you back massively in your fitness schedule. Even Liverpool and Man City looked rusty as did pretty much every team in some way. It's probably going to take at least another 2-3 weeks to get back to previous levels, though the games every 3-4 days will speed it up a lot. So I'm personally reserving judgement for a few more games, and will take any point gained as valuable toward our cause.

Understand all this talk of rustiness and you mention Citeh being rusty ..   but they also looked absolute class and played some brilliant football.  Who knows what happened to players during lockdown ..  but what I saw on Saturday against Watford was disappointing ....   backward passing and no cutting edge for long periods.  We’ve all seen this before and it took some time to shift.  I’m not panicking but we need to get our act together soon or we’ll slip down the league faster than a fast thing and undo all our good work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Understand all this talk of rustiness and you mention Citeh being rusty ..   but they also looked absolute class and played some brilliant football.  Who knows what happened to players during lockdown ..  but what I saw on Saturday against Watford was disappointing ....   backward passing and no cutting edge for long periods.  We’ve all seen this before and it took some time to shift.  I’m not panicking but we need to get our act together soon or we’ll slip down the league faster than a fast thing and undo all our good work.

Yes and that's fair enough. But there's a difference between saying "I'm disappointed that our play isn't as cohesive or fast as it could be" and "LCFC are crap, [insert player name here] is garbage" etc. The way you've labelled your criticism here is fair and warranted, but not over the top. It's the difference between the type of fan that spends the entire 90 minutes complaining about the team, and the fan that gets behind the team but reasonably points out where we could improve in a constructive way. I know which fan I'd rather sit next to!

Criticism is totally fair. Whilst by and large we've had a great season, we've had some stinkers such as Villa league cup and the home mauling to Liverpool to name two. But when none of the players are match fit, are playing with no crowd in bizarre circumstances and placed in a totally unique situation I think if ever there was a time to cut the players some slack, it's now.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4