Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Remember finishing fourth is still Champions League. Still 8 points ahead of 5th. Win 4 of our last 8 and Ireckon that'll do.

At the minute, finishing 5th guarantees CL football.

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Sweet lord, Man Utds remaining fixtures are as easy as you could get. Sorry, adding to the drama and pessimism but they could conceivably win every game before we meet on the last day

But they won't 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Sweet lord, Man Utds remaining fixtures are as easy as you could get. Sorry, adding to the drama and pessimism but they could conceivably win every game before we meet on the last day

You did watch them the other day, didn't you?

24 minutes ago, sdb said:

And our run in is harder than at least 3 teams chasing us

It really isn't, we just have a difficult final 2 games. The rest ought to be OK but we have struggled for a while now and it is imperative that Ndidi and Vardy stay fit, we will miss Ricardo massively too as our right wing options are abysmal.

Sorry to sound a bit negative but after what I saw yesterday I’m slightly worried ...  some players anonymous and JV looking like he was never going to score ...   Tielemans a shadow of his former self ...   that was exactly how we played when we went through our bad patch ...  patch, not just one game, but a series of games ...   we haven’t got time for that now.  There is a lot of quality in the chasing pack and we need to be at our best.     Hope we get it sorted ...   soon.

Man Utd won't win every game! Sheffield utd lost too. I would take the draw to be honest. Watford beat liverpool not so long ago and are fighting under Pearson! Chelsea have Man City next so there is a very good chance the points gap will be restored. No team has come back as sharp as they were before. Our team are young and fit and give them a couple of games to get the sharpness back.  I'm not worried! I was also pleased to see in the post match interview that Maddison was really miffed they didn't get the three points. I thought he looks up for it as did Vardy although he didnt get the feed he needed he did look sharp. A few were off the boil and I think we missed Praet too.  We will be fine! No worries!

Edited by Hales
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Sorry to sound a bit negative but after what I saw yesterday I’m slightly worried ...  some players anonymous and JV looking like he was never going to score ...   Tielemans a shadow of his former self ...   that was exactly how we played when we went through our bad patch ...  patch, not just one game, but a series of games ...   we haven’t got time for that now.  There is a lot of quality in the chasing pack and we need to be at our best.     Hope we get it sorted ...   soon.

And yet we still drew, we are quite fortunate in we still don't lose that many games and I'd be astonished if we don't win 3-4 of the remaining 8. That's possibly enough, but if it isn't then we don't deserve to be in the CL anyway as we have effectively been very mediocre since mid December.

disappointing result, chelsea were not that great.

I know my football and scouting and when I saw the players villa were buying pre season I knew they'd be in trouble. Bang average overrated  players with egos using it for another move, just as fulham did last year and qpr did in the past. Douglas Luiz is the type of player who looks superb on the training ground but will go on holiday at times in matches. The bought a injury prone targett, engels has been poor, nakamba bang average, trezeguet  only great when he wants to be. Grealish and Mings must surley have their eyes already on moves away.

relegation written all over them for me.

If we can win 4/8 which is perfectly feasible then United/Wolves would need to take at least 20/24 points (probably 21/24 with our GD) to catch us. 

Even if we only beat Brighton, Bournemouth and Sheff U or Everton and picked up the odd point here and there otherwise we’d still probably be ok so no need to panic yet by any means. 

• Like 1

It is mad, because when we pumped Villa on the Monday night before it was all stopped, we were “back”, we’d turned a corner, we’d found our spark again, we were home and hosed bar the shouting for top 4 - the third best side in the league by miles. 

Now we’ve gone and got a point away from home first game back and it’s completely changed again. We’re basically gash and Man United, Chelsea and Wolves are three of the best teams to ever play in the premier league. I cannot keep up seriously. 

We’ll finish the season where we finish based on merit, the same merit that has us currently sat points ahead of each of Chelsea, United and Wolves. We beat Brighton on Tuesday and Chelsea slip up at Man City and we’ve got 6 points on them again. Then what? I suppose we’ll be home and dry in Europe again until the week after! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Will 5th get Champions League if Man City's appeal fails?

Depends. If United finish 5th probably...if it’s us, Wolves or Sheff United probably not! 

I’m joking before I get told to put my tin hat away. I think 5th probably will get Champions league personally. 

We are still in pole position and we should maintain our third place over the next 8 games regardless of what the 'chasers' below do, but only if we can turn our own poor form around. We had such a massive cushion before Christmas, we seem to have been sleep walking since. Has Rodgers been a little too conservative? Based on what we saw before the enforced break and for much of yesterday's game this may well be the case. We seem to have become too circumspect; perhaps trying a little too hard not to lose rather than trying to win. How close will he allow the gap to become before he sets the reset button and we adopt a more positive approach? Remember when Pearson hit the reset button, albeit he had little choice, with just 9 games to go? I can understand Rodger's dilemma, but getting the right balance and the timing right will be key. Our destiny is in our own hands! 

• Like 1