Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

VAR should only be used for offside IMO. Let the ref make the calls for penalties and handballs.

I’m with this, because they are bloody incapable of making a correct decision with anything else 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

VAR works when there aren’t grey areas, in which it is up to a human to make the call. Therefore fouls and handballs that result in penalties are still difficult to get 100% with var. But offsides and the handball rule before a goal are correct near 99% of the time.

It is those grey areas where we have fell foul of and not been getting many decisions. 

To me it's fairly simple. If it hits a hand in the box (without it being diliberately kicked at a hand) it's a penalty whether it be Leicester or a big club. Why the ambiguity we know where we stand then. Most the decisions we had not given, there was no need for hands to be where they were, same for Ndidi, same for Keane yesterday.

For fouls unless it can be seen instantly to be a dive or foul by video replay, stick with the original decision. If you have to analyse something for 5 minutes it isn't clear and obvious.

11 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Should just make it so anytime it hits the arm of an outfield player it is handball and given as a freekick/ penalty, accidental or not. Only way itll ever be fair and take the controversy out of it. 

It’ll end up like hockey when players just try and hit the ball against the opponents feet. When you get into the box attackers could just try and hit a hand to win a pen.

Edited by funkyrobot

Some people are predicting a(n easy) win against SU, I honestly don't see where they get this confidence. They're a very good team,hard to break and working as a unit. I think it's probably the worst team for us to face at the moment, after MU.

Would enjoy seeing arsenal finishing above spurs again this season just for how shit arsenal have been for most of it. Shame Utd can’t turn to rubbish for a few games until the end of the season 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Bizarre how defenders can get away with handballs, unless it us but attackers get away with nothing. 

Defenders are allowed to blast the ball at attacker's arms from no distance and they'll get a decision, it really is ridiculous when it is broken down.

Sheffield United have been impressive.