Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I was a bit of a twat, eh? 

lol

Ah don’t sweat it. Comes to is all at some point. I live with it on a daily basis. Chauffeur is a twat, Gardner is a twat, housekeeper can be a right twat, Butler - well he’s a fuching twat and according to my wife I’m the biggest twat of all for paying them. 

Then, of course, there is FT - on which I sometimes come across as Twatman. (Lined that up for whoever fancies it). 🤪

Love this type of grammar debate where someone from a country of 60ish million preach to the states where over 300 million live or to the rest of the world where 1.5billion speak English, Telling them they don't speak correctly (even though most people living in England don't speak "correctly" if the same rules are followed). When will they realise "The Queen's British English" is only one of many Englishes that are acceptable. Now when does that Gen forum ban end for people in this thread?:D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9913472/premier-league-admit-four-var-mistakes/

Giving his regular update to the clubs at the “Shareholder” meeting, Riley confirmed that there was an acceptance by his officials that mistakes had been made.

The four decisions that Riley admitted were flawed were:

• Allowing Fabian Schar’s leveller for Newcastle against Watford, after the VAR official missed Isaac Hayden’s handball.
  • Youri Tielemans avoiding a red card for his stamp on Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson.
  • Not awarding Manchester City a penalty when Jefferson Lerma stood on David Silva’s foot in the Bournemouth box.
  • Failing to give West Ham a spot kick when Seb Haller was brought down by Norwich’s Tom Trybull.

Riley told the club bosses that he had gathered his officials during the international break when it was agreed that the decisions should have been overturned on review.

And from this weekend, VAR teams based at Stockley Park near Heathrow will be expected to step in and tell the on-field referee to change his call.

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9913472/premier-league-admit-four-var-mistakes/

Giving his regular update to the clubs at the “Shareholder” meeting, Riley confirmed that there was an acceptance by his officials that mistakes had been made.

The four decisions that Riley admitted were flawed were:

• Allowing Fabian Schar’s leveller for Newcastle against Watford, after the VAR official missed Isaac Hayden’s handball.
  • Youri Tielemans avoiding a red card for his stamp on Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson.
  • Not awarding Manchester City a penalty when Jefferson Lerma stood on David Silva’s foot in the Bournemouth box.
  • Failing to give West Ham a spot kick when Seb Haller was brought down by Norwich’s Tom Trybull.

Riley told the club bosses that he had gathered his officials during the international break when it was agreed that the decisions should have been overturned on review.

And from this weekend, VAR teams based at Stockley Park near Heathrow will be expected to step in and tell the on-field referee to change his call.

Saw this on Sky, hoped they'd go into any detail of why they weren't over turned or changed. 

It's a bit of a non-story for me, they admitted to only 4 mistakes but spoken nothing on anything else or gone into any detail

12 hours ago, Brooksy said:

So they're ignoring the exact same challenge Lerma made on Evans then?

It's why VAR is pointless.

It just adds confusion, referees bottle decisions, and it passes the buck through layers of faceless officialdom.

Much like politics. 

That Wolves - Chelsea game tomorrow is looking pretty interesting. Two teams with poor starts, and at the start of the season ones that were supposedly going to be battling for 5th / 6th / 7th.

• Wolves win, and it kicks off their season properly, and the vultures will really start to circle on Lampard.
  • Chelsea win, and despite it only being the fifth game, you have to question whether Wolves are really going to be challenging in the top half again this year
  • A draw? Happy days for us, since we've already played both once and drew both games, so long as we get something at OT.

How do people see that one going? Honestly, it's hard to predict, but I can just about see Chelsea edging it.

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

That Wolves - Chelsea game tomorrow is looking pretty interesting. Two teams with poor starts, and at the start of the season ones that were supposedly going to be battling for 5th / 6th / 7th.

• Wolves win, and it kicks off their season properly, and the vultures will really start to circle on Lampard.
  • Chelsea win, and despite it only being the fifth game, you have to question whether Wolves are really going to be challenging in the top half again this year
  • A draw? Happy days for us, since we've already played both once and drew both games, so long as we get something at OT.

How do people see that one going? Honestly, it's hard to predict, but I can just about see Chelsea edging it.

Chelsea 2-1.

Europa curse is hitting wolves. 

• Like 1

Did I read that Matt Richie is already back in training after that "horror" tackle that nearly ended his life career?

Pogba out.

Manure are apparently going to offer Lidelhof £150,000 per week

I seem to recall I got laughed at when I said this a few weeks back  ( @Babylon)...  I said £80m was a bargain and that he would become captain of England and Manure (ho ho ho) ...  and that he was still improving !  ...(ho ho ho) ...   well it’s nice to have someone on my side  ..   :)

In a separate article yesterday Evans said he was the most complete centre back he had played with ...  and he’s played with Rio and Vidic ...    but hey ! ..  what does Evans know about football ! ...   :D

36B208A7-5888-4071-B85D-9193A328F4FF.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I seem to recall I got laughed at when I said this a few weeks back  ( @Babylon)...  I said £80m was a bargain and that he would become captain of England and Manure (ho ho ho) ...  and that he was still improving !  ...(ho ho ho) ...   well it’s nice to have someone on my side  ..   :)

In a separate article yesterday Evans said he was the most complete centre back he had played with ...  and he’s played with Rio and Vidic ...    but hey ! ..  what does Evans know about football ! ...   :D

36B208A7-5888-4071-B85D-9193A328F4FF.jpeg

Just trying to make them feel better about being thoroughly taken to the cleaners. 

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

That's not what he said.

9 minutes ago, shen said:

Maguire can turn out to be a good buy, sure. But I doubt £80m will ever become a 'bargain' for a centerback, even with crazy inflation.

Don’t see how spending that money can ever be a bargain, I wouldn’t even say 75m for Van Dijk is a bargain, and he is probably the best defender in the world. Outrageous money today.