Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

No telling what damage has been done to Gomes Ankle just hope for his sake it's not as bad as it looks. Season's definitely over.

Difficult to play a game of football after seeing that. Fortunately these sort of injuries are rare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

No telling what damage has been done to Gomes Ankle just hope for his sake it's not as bad as it looks. Season's definitely over.

Difficult to play a game of football after seeing that. Fortunately these sort of injuries are rare.

His ankle looks a lot like how Amartey's was last year, its a long road back for him.

In isolation Son's challenge may have been more of a yellow card but it demonstrates why the out of control challenge shouldn't be tolerated. Had Son not caught Gomes then he would have been going in for a challenge with Aurier in an orthodox manner and posture, the first foul on him meant he was falling in to it. It's like those situations where a CB shoves a CF into the path of an oncoming Goalkeeper. The keeper and CF are the ones that get the attention while the CB usually gets away with it. If your out of control recklessness put another player into a collision path you can't waive responsibility. Even so, the rules don't cover the aftermath of the yellow card trip in this way.

Aurier's challenge went unpunished altogether, his opponents stride had changed at the last moment but he still seemed reckless and out of control so I'd probably say a yellow for both Son and Aurier. I wouldn't think either would want to play on however strong they are mentally.

Edited by fazzyfox

The most Son should have had was a yellow since the actual tackle itself only warranted that. I really can't comment on Aurier's tackle, which could be red, since understandably there have no repeated replays but Gomes' foot seemed to lodge itself prior to that challenge. A very sad string of events whatever. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I lost track in all the chaos. Is it 10 v 10 now? Had Everton used all their subs? 

I know what you're thinking. 'Did he use 3 subs or only 2'? Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being that this is Dominic Calvert-Lewin, the most powerful centre forward in the world, and could smash one in from 30 yards, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's obviously a shocking incident/accident. While as people say it's not a red if there's no injury, you have to take responsibility for other players. If you're cynically hacking players down like that then you have to accept the responsibility for the injury. 

• Like 1